What do we want from our tribe location?

Started by Fnua Atxkxe, March 03, 2010, 12:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

If we want to do this without governmental interference, we need to buy territory completely, most likely a large island, and get it classified as a country. But that'd put the tribe off until like, 2025.

eywa´eveng frrtu

Quote from: Maweya Hufwe on March 07, 2010, 04:21:51 PM
Um, not that I have any places in mind, but I'd say we settle in a place that at least experiences all four seasons. Honestly, I think experiences nature to it's fullest is a bit more important than finding the most... Pandora-esque place on Earth. Also, if possible, a place that has it all; mountains/hills, rivers, lakes, a bit of plains or at least open grass, and forests.
so where going to have a moving tribe then or what?
Where on earth are you gonna find all these things together?
I think where kinda looking to a place like where the omaticaya live.
Jungle and wild life, but also a small place for agriculture and expanding possibilitys

Maweya Hufwe

Being nomadic wouldn't be necessary, and we don't have to have everything close. For example, a few of mountains in the distance so that we may be able to appreciate their beauty. And the open grass doesn't have to expand for miles or anything. Patches would be just find for enjoying and growing food. (Cae Mabon is an example of all these things put together. Granted, in Wales.)

But, I'll hold my tongue on the subject. However, are we closer to pinpointing a relative location yet?

EDIT: Also, I do think would should live relatively close to a society of some sort. Keep in mind that we will have to be making our homes and working our growing areas on our own, and that's going to take more than a few hours. A lot more (I'm thinking a year or two minimum). And with people coming from all over the world, we will need housing, food, and other necessities until we are able to settle. However, this would probably not be an easy feat, since I'm sure most towns would be a bit put off of a community coming together right outside their doors. However, with a bit of work, I'm certain we will be able to come together with the neighboring people and form some form of friendship.
"Well... What are you waiting for? Do it."

Eana Tanhì

look what I found while I was searching for a location

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2008/09/most-alien-looking-place-on-earth.html

Does this trees remind you on Pandora like me?

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

eywa´eveng frrtu

yeah indeed,
too bad it's a world natural heritage site so that rule's out this possibility for settling place

Eana Tanhì

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Swokéyan

I do want to mention, we need to be sure the area where we are going shouldnt be too cold, and also not too hot because in alot hot areas live insects with the size of basketballs xD yuck
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

guest2859

Well, it'll most likely be humid to be the right area.

KxanìaTaronyu

Location/s: Australia, Northern Territory, West coast-ish of NT
Environment: Bush/Forest
Types of land: Bush/Forest; flat land throughout
Size of land/s: Fairly large, hard to say though.
Climate: Humid & Hot (Approx. 33C) during Wet season, Not very humid and cool (Approx. 22C) during dry.
Local resources: Bush tucker, big forest-like trees, Wallabies, dingoes, birds, Wood, rubbish and scrap metal from other humans (not much though  :-\), Salt water run-in, etc
How isolated: Around 70-100 kms North-east for full civilisation.
Additional ideas: I've been through there before and is very quite aka. No human activity/clearing of trees, etc.

-Birds Eye view from Google Maps. Scale at bottom left corner-
"Oel kameie ayngati. Irayo ayngaru ulte Eywa ngahu. 'Ivong Na'vi aysmukan sì aysmuke. Aynga lu Eywayä ayeylan ulte aynga lu yawne oer. Kìyevame!" 

Swokéyan

I think it seems very nice.
But the salt water might be a problem? :s
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Fnua Atxkxe

I think it looks great, we could filter salt water. Not the most Na'vi solution but I'm not putting a location down cause of salt water.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

KxanìaTaronyu

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on March 13, 2010, 07:14:06 AM
I think it looks great, we could filter salt water. Not the most Na'vi solution but I'm not putting a location down cause of salt water.

Why exactly do you mean by that?
"Oel kameie ayngati. Irayo ayngaru ulte Eywa ngahu. 'Ivong Na'vi aysmukan sì aysmuke. Aynga lu Eywayä ayeylan ulte aynga lu yawne oer. Kìyevame!" 

Fnua Atxkxe

I was just meaning that I wouldn't say no to what looks like a promising location because we would have to adapt slightly to make it a viable solution.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

KxanìaTaronyu

guest2859

Bleh, saltwater. Could be drinkable if salt wasn't a dehydrator. If it's running water going into the ocean, it should be freshwater, because I've never heard of inland saltwater that isn't a major lake.

Fpxafaw Taronyu

Pretty nice place indeed, but it seems there is no source for fresh water around anywhere? ;(

And please put the link behind your Pic next time ;)

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=-12.650723,130.599289&spn=0.148065,0.154495&t=h&z=13

I like Australia.

Need an Avatar-Avatar? Klick my Banner for further Pics!

KxanìaTaronyu

Well, to be true, it is a semi-major lake  :-\ We could store water? Because during the wet season, we get a couple metres of rain  (Seriously, No joking around). So yea.

Tonbogiri

Australia would have been my first choice. Also, Northern Australia is Tropical/Subtropical, so summer and winter temps wouldn't vary as much. Also, Has very low population density in the bush territories. Everyone lives on the coasts!
Attempting to raise money to go to uni in Australia...

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

KxanìaTaronyu

Eywa Ngahu with that! :)

Well, I hope you consider it because it would make me so happy.

Oel irayo si ngati nìmun!

KxanìaTaronyu.

Swokéyan

Dont want to scare anyone here but a couple of days ago i saw something on National Geographic about Australia :P they said in the forests there live tiny red spiders that use one of the most deadly poisons on earth D;
Lurkin' the forums