What happens when we find the right land?

Started by Äteya, October 09, 2011, 07:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Äteya

I know everyone is like "finding the land is more important then training skills right now"
but what happens when we find the land? Cause if we find the perfect land in the perfect country now we won't have the money to buy it so someone else might buy it or immigration laws might change or the land owner might decide he(or she) doesn't really want to sell it after all.   

'Itan Atxur

All of those are definitely things we have to deal with. I personally think money is gonna be the dagger in the heart even with immigration issues as tough as they are.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Yayo

I probably don't have the right to say this, both because of my lack of involvement with research and and my somewhat, 'small?' position but from what I've seen, it doesn't seem like we've made much progress on the location selection. I'm not attacking anyone or the project, it just seems like that not a lot has been done.

That's why I don't think its fair to focus on just the location - it would be better to multi task: if possible.

But I also know that everyone has been working extremely hard and I am just worried that all of this hard work will be wasted because a suitable location cannot be found.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Nìmwey

I agree completely, Yayo. I feel like I've been doing most - if not almost all - the location research the last few months, and still not much happened, so I kind of gave up.

And perhaps we/you need to rethink some things. To have adequate hunting grounds where we know we can hunt (= our own land), we would need probably 1000+ acres. That is very expensive, and the more we rely on hunting (and gathering), the more expensive it will be.

Those are really the most important issues - location and money.
I am trying to make a list of what I want from a country/location, to make it easier to find out whether this or that country really fits. (Since over 1½ years of looking through "this and that country" so far has lead nowhere, really.)

Perhaps something the rest of you could give a try?

Yayo

Oh good! I was trying to write it carefully so I wouldn't offend anyone.  :) I wouldn't want to because I have great respect for everyone who's trying to make this successful.

Yayo on facebook

Äteya

Yes, answers!  :)
I was just about to tell you guys that this was a Socrates question(he questioned people to help them find the answer instead of telling them it)and I was studying him in history so I just wanted to know if it would really work :-\, and it did! Yayo got the right answer, don't focus all on the land, learn skills to. And Yayo, everyone in the Tribe has the right to say what they think, how else would we find problems and fix them or get to know each other better? Though it can be hard making what you type sound the way you want it to online.      

Yayo

Thank you! I'm glad that this feeling is mutual. I really prefer the Socrates method.

Yayo on facebook