A Few Thoughts I Had

Started by guest2859, September 15, 2010, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

Well, I've thought it over through and through, and figured out what would be best in the long run. So, for one, what's the use of looking for an island to buy now? They might go off the market in 5 years, and if we buy now to pay off over time, what happens he the recession gets worse? Well, the way I thought we could make this work is to get our priorities in order then move to a common city, so we can know each other and get more work done before we throw ourselves onto an island with a group of strangers. So, does this sound reasonable or am I just going paranoid again?

'Itan Atxur

I'm completely down with that. I think actually knowing eachother would motivate us greatly.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

_

I agree, there really needs to be something like this to work out any group/personal dynamics issue(s) before you're in the middle of nowhere relying on each other.

'Itan Atxur

There's going to be a point of no return, a d we need to be 100% ready.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Esmond

Quote from: Tirea Ikranä Aean on September 15, 2010, 08:05:29 PM
Well, I've thought it over through and through, and figured out what would be best in the long run. So, for one, what's the use of looking for an island to buy now? They might go off the market in 5 years, and if we buy now to pay off over time, what happens he the recession gets worse? Well, the way I thought we could make this work is to get our priorities in order then move to a common city, so we can know each other and get more work done before we throw ourselves onto an island with a group of strangers. So, does this sound reasonable or am I just going paranoid again?

That is a very very good thought tsmukan. I see what you're trying to say here.

What you're trying to say is that we should all spend the time now to actually know each other, interact more and really build a bond. This way when we actually find a place to settle in, we'd be comfortable with each other as opposed to settling in and not being comfortable with each other yet. It could reduce conflicts when we actually settle in.

Help preserve Nature.

Predict

It does seem reasonable but I think that would be simply too impractical. A certain degree of unfamiliarity may be unavoidable at the start.

Now, anything we can do getting to know each other better is great. I think the best compromise would be to run a number of expeditions, this could be useful for 'team bonding' and offer real world experience but doesn't require such immediate, life changing commitments.

We're not planning to buy Gerlado, unless Brazil changes its immigration regulations and we come into a lot of cash. It's serving more as a case study: a trial run through what we would have to do in any particular location. It has highlighted the importance of understanding local immigration policy and provided some very encouraging information on pricing.

Finally, there is no common nationality so a common city would involve further immigration difficulties.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

A city wouldn't really be that great anyway, but the point still stands.
I had a look at the irc server, and that seems to be working, perhaps we could use that?
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Esmond

Yeah, we don't need to actually come together physically yet. We just have to be together and get to know each other more first. I don't even know any of your real names.

@ Key'ìl : The IRC looks like a good start.

Help preserve Nature.