How long should we wait before we "archive" topics?

Started by 'Itan Atxur, September 22, 2010, 08:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

I was thinking after a month of no posts we should move old topics into the archive. What do you guys think?

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Esmond

Maybe 1 or 2 months. We should also consider which type of threads to delete. Like perhaps threads with no replies.

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

I'm okay with deleting topics w/o any responses. Not sure how I feel about deleting topics with replies though.

guest2859

I don't think it's so much time as activity, but if it's been past a few months, I think it should be archived.

'Itan Atxur

Well that's what I mean. If a topic hasn't been posted in in over a month, it's no longer active.

guest2859

When I posted that, I had this thought that there was a difference between the activity and time, but them I realized they were the same thing.

'Itan Atxur

guest2859

Tsyal Maktoyu

LOL. :D

Yeah, I think it's a good idea. Though I , if an archived topic comes up again (like things that have to be held off on because of location/other factors), should we pull the old thread back up or start fresh discussion?

Revolutionist

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling." - Inception

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". - Denis Diderot

'Itan Atxur

yeah, if an archived topic were to become active again, we'd bring it back out.

Predict

I would only recommend deleting those that have not been responded to, otherwise archiving after 1 month seems sensible.

Esmond

Help preserve Nature.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I'm not sure, I think the forum will act as an archive without us running an extra section. It might be good to keep older topics available to avoid the forum looking empty and so that it's easier to see the section it is part of. Perhaps they should be locked, but I think topics may often need to be talked about later. Although the existing pages can cause confusion about what is new.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Esmond

I think we don't need an Archive's board. As much as they are inactive, they are topics of a certain category. Merging them all into the archives would mess things up a lot since we'll have all the board's inactive topics in ONE board.

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

Yup! I support removing the archives board too. Let's start moving topics mods!

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Esmond

Help preserve Nature.

'Itan Atxur

My iPod is acting up wicked right now. I need to head to my parents to update the software before I can even think about trying to move mass topics.

:D :D

-'Itan Atxur

guest2859

I can steal some time tomorrow in web tech, I'm done with my current project.

Esmond

Oh yeah, do we have to leave a "Moved" thread behind?

Help preserve Nature.

Tonbogiri

Man, I feel terrible - I know absolutely nil about web tech and thread movement! I'll just have to stick to excessive posting  ;)

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...