I don't think the 'for life' bit will work, guys...

Started by Catherss, October 07, 2012, 09:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherss

Well, yeah.

Think about it: it'll work for the first few years, yes, but what happens once you reach fifty? Sixty? Seventy? You won't be able to hunt or farm or look after everything, especially if you're (sorry to put it like this) the last one standing.

And kids! It's likely they kids will come along, and when they do, they live out their lives with only a little internet and phone calls to the grand parents they've never met in person. And - if the whole thing falls apart - they have to integrate themselves into the modern world where people don't know how to skin a rabbit or how to read tracks. It would be imposable - they'd be so knowledgeable in eco-systems but they won't know social norms and imagine being thrown into secondary school after living a sheltered life?

So, I think for the summer would be better, maybe a year or two then coming back. And anyway, you won't seem as crazy if you do it like that. If you do it for summer you'd only have to rent land for a few weeks. And people might actually want to join you. Think about how many more people would be able to come along if it was during the summer? This would also give a chance for the wildlife and pants to grow back. And on that note - I think something like what the native Americans had going on was good - the tipi's. They could pack them up in ten minuets and carry them as far as they had too. If you have something like that then every one takes their own tent home, then bring it back next year.

You could bring dried meat from home. Who ever was closest to the destination brings something like chickens and you could slaughter one every week you where there, and dry the meat again.

Thoughts?

Nìmwey

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Me too, ma tsmukan. I think also this will never work.

It's too bad, too bad :(

It's unlikely that I will join this. I found out about this 2 years ago, I considered to join it. But now it seems nothing will happen. Everything have stopped.

Tsmuktengan

Seeing the inability to move on, it does start to become more difficult.

In such a situation, trying to concentrate the efforts on trying to restoring BlueMoon is a better idea now. But decisions and actions have to be taken now.

If only people are able to start accomplishing things that can help progressing, people would be interested again. This is why things should be decided. For this, meetings are required, even through the Internet.

The lack of time is a big issue for most people. But in a group discussion, it would be easier to discuss this kind of precise issues and to sort them out and move on.

Now I would be in favor of focusing on BlueMoon, and and getting things done, whatever these things are. And after a quick look, BlueMoon seems to have a better back-end and well structured docs and posts.

... No I don't give up that easily. I am just... Busy.  ;)

Nìmwey

No, I don't think this lack of activity is a sign that the lifestyle won't work - only that people have lost interest. I could write longer on this, but when I wrote the last post here I was depressed, and now I'm busy, and - the link, the old thread, sais it all. ;)

Niri Te

Quote from: Catherss on October 07, 2012, 09:02:20 AM
Well, yeah.

Think about it: it'll work for the first few years, yes, but what happens once you reach fifty? Sixty? Seventy? You won't be able to hunt or farm or look after everything, especially if you're (sorry to put it like this) the last one standing.

Thoughts?

I happen to take exception to the above statement, ma 'eylan. I am two months shy of my sixty third orbit of the sun, yet I'm STILL NINETEEN. A shot up nineteen, yes, but until you can swing a leg over a 170 MPH Sport Bike, and be able to stay with me through a 100 mile stretch of mountain switchbacks without crashing, don't put me out to, (or under) pasture just yet. I am also a CRACK COMPETITIVE COMBAT SHOOTER, and a Hunter that can put meat on the table any time that I go after it, with a rifle, OR a bow.

I am SURE that I am not the only person of my "experience circling the Sun", that is capable of these things, I have several friends of similar "Experience" that are every bit as good as I am.

All that I am saying is, that "age" is just a number, DON'T use it as a tool to discriminate.

Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Nìmwey on November 24, 2012, 01:09:52 PM
No, I don't think this lack of activity is a sign that the lifestyle won't work - only that people have lost interest. I could write longer on this, but when I wrote the last post here I was depressed, and now I'm busy, and - the link, the old thread, sais it all. ;)

I do not really agree.

In more than two years, no one has been able to see anykind of evolution. This is what has caused the loss of interest, and I have to admit than even me I feel less motivated since I wasn't capable of helping and getting what I hoped. This happens, but it isn't a complete failure in itself, a project can taste failure several times before it works. I am pretty sure people would be interested if real stuff points out it's nose in the end and if some points or organization are changed or clarified.

What I would look for is a rework, by taking the several issues that prevent the idea to become real, and find solutions to fix them. This can be done if the people that are still around gather together, talk about this, and sort out these issues (and you know there are still some people around, certainly not a lot but we don't want a lot of people for this anyway).  ;)

I really think a meeting should be fixed with us and active people from Bluemoon to reboot this. On Project Tribal, there hasn't been any since I registered, which isn't good in my opinion.