Idea for Tribe

Started by Sayprìsä, April 27, 2010, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayprìsä

So, I've noticed a lot of discussion about exactly how a real tribe would operate.  I'm just sharing my ideas.  Please comment and let me know what you think.

Housing
For starters, I think that we (the tribe) would find a small little agricultural town and buy a large piece of land with lots of trees on it.  We could hang hammocks from the trees so that weather permitting, we can sleep in them like real Na'vi.  When the weather isn't so nice, we would live inside a house or several cabins. 

Food
We should try to grow as much of our own food as possible, but obviously we should be able to buy food when we have to.  I don't think we could really hunt unless we all wanted to get hunting licenses. 

Horses
We should have some horses, since the dire horse is such a big part of Na'vi culture.  There would be a few "tribe horses", which everyone shares, and if you want and can pay for it, you could have your own horse.

Money
Which brings me to money.  Everyone in the tribe should have a job in the outside world to provide money for food and other important stuff for the tribe.  If you have extra money after the tribe has been cared for, you can spend it on whatever (pets, nice clothing, ect)

General Clan Life
We would speak Na'vi when around each other as much as possible, and we would try to be as Na'vi like as possible.  (ie. No shoes, braids.  But please wear clothes)  We would have a healer person for minor stuff, but if someone was seriously injured or sick they should go to the hospital.  Since this is the 21st century, we would have a phone and TV and computer, but the phone is only for emergency, everyone only gets 1 hour a day on computer and TV is only for special occasions.

Outside Friends and Family
Obviously, we can't all just go dump our friends and family.  So a couple times a year we would have a sort of open house to allow people to come and visit. 

"You have a gift, Jack.  You do.  You see people."

'Itan Atxur

Much of this has already been discussed and essentially decided. We are definately going to be hunter gatherers and grow only that which we must.

There will be two parts to this tribe more than likely in the same location: the tribe and an Eco village. The tribe will live strictly off the land and such while the Eco village lives in houses and probably farms. Which brings me to the next point:

The tribe will be our lives (with a few exceptions). We won't have outside jobs. We may trade what we produce but that's about it. The Eco village will more than likely be the main source of income and if you really can't leave your job, the village is your best bet.

I think we're still undecided on speaking Navi. I think it would be great but it isn't a high priority. We're not trying to become Na'vi. Our common goal just happened to be inspired BY the Navi.

Anyways, welcome! And just because we've "decided" something doesn't mean we don't want your opinion on the subject! Just remember: no idea is too crazy! Even if it's rejected, you never know what idea it might inspire!

Right now the #1 pressing issue is location location location! So please, help us out here! And for now assume money is no object.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

'Itan Atxur

Oh, and NO TV!! Lol. There will be an unrestricted computer with Internet access but I doubt any of us will go crazy on it. If we don't need a rule, there won't be one. So no restricted computer access. We will also have a phone.

bagget00

So no TV with blu-ray soz to watch Avatar every night?
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Esmond

Help preserve Nature.

Fnua Atxkxe

HRH, I guess most of the stuff about tv, internet etc will be decided by the permanent eco-village membes. 
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nanaki

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 28, 2010, 04:04:28 AM
HRH, I guess most of the stuff about tv, internet etc will be decided by the permanent eco-village membes. 

This :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Sayprìsä

hmmm... would we be allowed to watch a movie on the computers?
"You have a gift, Jack.  You do.  You see people."

Esmond

At least have the Blu-Ray Avatar disc and a drive to play it.  :'(

Help preserve Nature.

Fnua Atxkxe

Txontaw seems to be one of the main people involved with the eco-village, perhaps that is a question he should answer ^_^ I see no reason why not anyway. We can bring our own computers I suppose, that would save money. I'm just hypothising though, I get the impression that the eco-village members have their own stong opinions on matters, this was discussed a bit before, perhaps a new thread would not go amiss but I think that should be left up to the permanent members of the eco-village :)

EDIT: *Points to post below so as I am not going off-topic with a random post: Ikranä for modship! Join the campaign ;D

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Ikranä mokri

Just saying (with my lack of mod) That pretty much all of this depends on location. That is the most important thing atm!

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

sezawte

I thought we'd said there was going to be a TV in the eco-village for watching Avatar...  ???
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Fnua Atxkxe

We did, however
WE
HAVE
A
ECO-VILLAGE
THREAD
HERE

Let's not go off topic here, leave this kinda discussion to that board, or am i missing something? Why did we reequest subforums? I think that the mods need to be taking a firmer stance and monitoring this more

'Itan Atxur

Why haven't all the old threads been moved or deleted?

sezawte

At the risk of being smited: inactive mods perhaps? or maybe more likely, we just need another mod so that there's more of them on
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Nanaki

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 28, 2010, 04:37:32 PM
Why haven't all the old threads been moved or deleted?

Maybe mods haven't enough time. I think we need a 4th real active mod who is here a lot of time (no offense to the actual mods, you're doing a great job).

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

'Itan Atxur

I know this isn't the topic for this but why was baggot made a mod inthe first place? Don't get me wrong, I cometely support having him as a mod and respect his judgement and such. But was there even any discussion or anything?

sezawte

Because Seabass apparently had the intention of making him a mod for the beginning, although I don't think it could hurt to have an election poll for a potential 4th mod... thoughts?

Nanaki

That's a good idea. Do you want that I send a message to Seabass to ask him if we can vote for a new mod?

(Sorry to repeat, but one time again, there's no offense to the actual mods ...)

sezawte

I'd vote Fnua for a 4th mod, he seems to know what he's talking about and he's always there in when there's a pivotal discussion. I think he'd be the figure head that we'd need