Meet-up/Practice.

Started by Letxuma Swizaw, February 19, 2010, 07:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letxuma Swizaw

I think right about the time we have things sorted out and ready we should meet up at pacific crest trail to get to know each other. We could hike anywhere from Mexico to Canada. it would be a great team building exercise and a great life experience. It'll also get those of us who may not be in the best of shape ready for the trials of tribe life and in the attitude for being with nature. So what do you think? too soon?
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Mindas Arran

I'd go hiking or camping in a hot second.  ;D

I'd just need a bit of notice so that I can get the time off from work and evidence of planning so I know that the in's and out's are already taken care of.

How long of a hike are you talking about?

Txon Taronyu

I would if I counld but I can so I wount
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

You don't even know when we're going so how can you opt out already. :D Anyways i think the distance would be determined by those going. i was thinking like at least a 2 day trip would be good. But people have jobs and school, it could be a spring break thing. In fact it would probably have to be because i'll be in school and so will a lot of people here.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Mindas Arran

If it's over the summer, we could do a week long excursion no problem.

How challenging are these trails? Do you have a link to some information? If there is a chance that this will pan out I'd like to get started on getting things together.

guest2859

Hm... sounds interesting, though I can't leave the state without my mom and I don't want her to know about this for atleast 4 more years.

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Mindas Arran on February 19, 2010, 10:53:19 PM
If it's over the summer, we could do a week long excursion no problem.

How challenging are these trails? Do you have a link to some information? If there is a chance that this will pan out I'd like to get started on getting things together.

wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Crest_Trail

I've heard great things from my enviro Ayharyu i will ask them about the best areas and camping sites along the way.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Mindas Arran

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 20, 2010, 01:19:52 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Crest_Trail

I've heard great things from my enviro Ayharyu i ask them about the best areas and camping sites along the way.
That's some beautiful trail! I'd love to do a week on that.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 19, 2010, 08:58:41 PM
I would if I counld but I can so I wount

Hey! That's my favorite line! No fair! lol.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

guest2859

That place looks nice. We should skip going there and just move there.

Letxuma Swizaw

Which part? it is 2650 miles long. :D
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

d5ive

How about y'all ameeeeriiiicaaans come down to Australia and do this :(
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: d5ive on February 23, 2010, 01:50:59 AM
How about y'all ameeeeriiiicaaans come down to Australia and do this :(

Lol. I'd do that in a second if I had the money. I could visit my relatives down there! (Or up there depending on which map you use!!) ;D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Anyone who lives near Stayton, Oregon, U.S. is welcome to meet up with me sometime and hang out.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Letxuma Swizaw

...the force

sorry, had to end your Jedi code for you. i have been trying to get a post underneath you to do it :D

After we have finished with this government stuff we should get on planning this. It will be great practice for future meet-ups and the big meet-up in the end, along with a great way to commune with your aysmuktu and lesa'noka ertta, to learn their ways.

Any other suggestions for meet ups would be great, but i really prefer this trail as large sections are virtually untouched and isolated. I would go for something near southern Washington as a few of our aysmuktu dwell there and start our way south from there maybe a week maybe more IDK. We could all meet-up at rolyu's house ;D she probably isn't even close to the trail though :'(

It's whateve's. I just don't want this thread to die because it seems like a great opportunity to me.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Hì'irawr

Actually I think Rolyu and I would be pretty darn close to this trail! We live right along the cascades, Mt Rainier is less than a half hour away! Yes we areeee very close indeed!
I am totally excited by the idea of a meet up and camp out during the summer maybe, spring will be hella cold in the Cascades and packing gear for a cold camp out takes a ton of effort, I prefer just a bag of clothes and a sleeping bag, maybe a knife and machete. Woot! :D

guest2859

There's a trench behind Wal-mart here. I've been in it a million times, until I found out it was actually sewege and water runoff...  :-X

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

That happened to me a long time ago.

Ikranä mokri

instead of making it a 2 day thing make a week or 2 weeks, take 1 spare pair of clothes a small gas stove, some 24 hour ration packs, an air rifle, a knife, a tent or 2 and see how you enjoy and survive tin those kinds of conditions

it would be damn good practice( I cant come cause it would cost way too much to leave teh Uk even for a camping trip)

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-