Tribe (This forum is retired. All topics are read-only.) > Suggestions / Ideas

Our exact lifestyle plan

<< < (3/7) > >>

Key'ìl Nekxetse:
Ma Nìmwey, I agree that we should distance ourselves from Avatar/the Na'vi, it could cause all sorts of problems. Personally I would prefer to be unnoticed by the general media, they often get the wrong idea.

archaic:
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story ..... journalists motto, allegedly.

OK, so .....
Bug net is important, you don't want malaria, ascariasis, bottfly larvae, Chagas Disease, Dengue Fever, Encephalitis, Filariasis, Lyme Disease, Leishmaniasis, Sleeping Sickness, Typhus Fever, Yellow Fever, etc, etc.
Internet, I think that's a must have.
Pluming, anyone who needs a shower everyday is not going to fly with this.
Flush toilet, is a luxury. Take a spade, make sure its out of sight and well away and down hill from your water source.
Toilet paper, you can use newspapers, but it's not so nice, leaves are pretty variable. There's a reason why even backwoods folk take the time and expense to get the real stuff. And using your left hand? Don't even go there!

Tonbogiri:
Heh heh, thanks Archaic.

Nice of you to keep this light-hearted. Ideally, we will not be settling in an area with high rates of mosquito disease. Unfortunately, they do like the equator, which is where we're headed!
Mosquito nets may be handy after all. Good suggestion!

Plumbing would be very difficult. It is more than possible to wash without a shower, you just end up a little colder. And if need be, we can heat water over a fire first...

In terms of toilet use, anyone who has had to relieve themselves whilst in the wild will understand your points. "Basic training" will include how to use the bush toilet!

Äteya:
We could just dig a really deep hole and have some sort of woven frame thing.

Txura Rolyu:

--- Quote from: Äteya on August 09, 2011, 06:16:14 pm ---We could just dig a really deep hole and have some sort of woven frame thing.

--- End quote ---

One consolidating where wastes go is rather smelly.

Second consolidating waste is not normal and the enviroment will take a beating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version