Our own Tree of Voices?

Started by Swok Tihawnu, March 15, 2010, 11:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txon Taronyu

Ya but thats unrealistic

I think the building is our best bet

or like a stone circle place that would be cool (not like a cult  :P )
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

I completely agree. We don't want to over do it. We're only basing this off of the Na'vi. We're not trying to become Na'vi.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Swok Tihawnu

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 17, 2010, 10:20:47 AM
I completely agree. We don't want to over do it. We're only basing this off of the Na'vi. We're not trying to become Na'vi.
I wish I could become Na'vi!!!

Quote from: Swokéyan on March 17, 2010, 07:25:26 AM
It would be more awesome if we based the culture more on those of the Na'vi :P
Spiritually yes, we should base our tribal culture on that of the Na'vi.

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on March 17, 2010, 10:00:36 AM
Ya but thats unrealistic

I think the building is our best bet

or like a stone circle place that would be cool (not like a cult  :P )
The building would be practical and would make the whole idea a lot easier, especially the spiritual part.
I dream of a paradise, where everyone is treated equal, where the planet is lush with nature and everyone is happy.

I hold to the sole belief, that my skin will peel off and that I will be reborn as a Na'vi.

Txon Taronyu

What spiritualy we are not going to follow the Na'vi's religion? or was that not what you are saying
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ikranä mokri

if you want to follow the religion of teh Na'Vi we do have a version of it in real life its called Gaia and is pretty much teh same priciple as Eywa

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Txon Taronyu

Well I like it and I am a gaiaist but we (the group on other threads) have already decided that we are not going to force any religions or spiritual regulations on people

Tonbogiri

I've been looking up some stuff about the Tree of Voices.
The reason the Na'Vi have no written language is that these trees are like stores of information. When a Na'Vi "syncs" with the tree, they can either upload their own experiences and knowledge or download the information they need.
There is no biological feature like this on our planet, so I wonder: Will our own Tree of Voices have a practical use (needing, heaven forbid, technology) or will it be of primarily spiritual value?

I suppose the eco-village could have some sort of video log centre that we could access or something...

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Txon Taronyu

If you look at the building plan I made for our main building it will have a book storage and a spiritual place

guest2859

Let's just write Na'vi on a stripped tree or something.

Txon Taronyu

Txontaw

I still think it's impractical, and a bit gaudy. If a stranger walks into our tribe, we want him to think that we are an actual tribe/village. Not a roleplaying camp.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

guest2859

Shoot 'em in the leg with an arrow. That's what tribes usually do to strangers that just walk in.

Txon Taronyu

how is a cabin in the woods going to make him think we are a roleplaying camp?

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on March 17, 2010, 07:34:17 PM
how is a cabin in the woods going to make him think we are a roleplaying camp?

No, I meant for a "Tree of souls".
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Txon Taronyu

ooh ya I don't think we should make a tree of souls thing

guest2859

Okay, but I'll carve my stuff into dead trees.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on March 17, 2010, 09:08:11 PM
Okay, but I'll carve my stuff into dead trees.

:( Dead trees make me sad. But it's necessary, I suppose.

I am all for the creation of a main place to gather, worship, conduct business, etc. I am personally all for this, and I am endorsing it ^_^ Whatever that may do to help.

Quote from: Swok Tihawnu on March 16, 2010, 11:34:01 PM
If it doesn't then, I really don't know what we will do for a spiritual site like that. I hope that 'Itan Atxur and Uriuujin are thinking about this! Probably not because Uriuujin is lock crazy until we decide on a location and 'Itan Atxur's computer is down so... IDK  :-\

It's just so that we can get something done! :P so there ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

guest2859

When I show up, don't be freaked out if a wolf statue just 'shows up' overnight.

sezawte

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on March 17, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
When I show up, don't be freaked out if a wolf statue just 'shows up' overnight.

:P everybody needs their own way to worship ;)
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Swokéyan

To be clear, i dont want to make people believe in Eywa/Gaia :P but i meant we could kinda base our tribal culture on that of the Na'vi, other than spiritual things, except i dont know exactly what..
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)