"Practice" tribe idea, please read!

Started by Vakari, May 07, 2011, 02:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vakari

So, I'm thinking it may be a good idea for us to find some camping places that will allow people for more than a few days, for me that will have to be somewhere near Reno. I would want to get quite a few people in on this, so we can get used to each other as tribe-mates and get used to the entire idea for at least two weeks.

I doubt we can find a place that will let us hunt, but we can still get used to many other things.
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!
old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

'Itan Atxur

Count me in (at least for now :P). I'm hardly on a career path right now and so long as I could find a job, I'd be okay. I'm also considering EMT training so maybe I could do that wherever we decide.

I think I might add this topic to the tribe directory if unless other object/aren't interested.

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Vakari

I think that would be great! Moving it there would get more people interested, I think.

I'm going to look a bit today, see if we can find anything in Nevada or nearby. Maybe in the middle of the U.S.
Join Project Tribal here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!) Feel free to PM me about it!

'Itan Atxur

We've been talking about having some kind of meet up for a while now. I think we even had one somewhere in Europe (organized by Fnua Atxkxe), I could be wrong though. Originally the goal was to have it close to Awve Atan but seeing as to how thats likely a long way off, having a few meet ups before hand would be cool. Maybe we could even make it annual. Wish the rest of the members were around to give there opinions though.

Vakari

I agree, and I was thinking that two weeks of camping would be nice, everyone bring food for everyone to share, similar to what we think we'll find out on our own. Like nuts, meat, flora. And I'm sure others will post later, or just lurk like losers. :P

Tonbogiri

I agree, a meet up would be great. I think the biggest obstacle will be location (AGAIN), as even the Europe meetup was tricky in that respect. In this, it would seem that a consensus amongst our members would be a good idea.

Then again, maybe just picking a location and beginning to sort out travel arrangements would be much quicker. I am unsure as to the worldly distribution of members - how easily can everyone get to America?

(Sadly, the UK is not very accomodating when it comes to camping and hunting...)

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Vakari

Well, that's why it would be wise to set one up in each country that we have members in. Or areas, like I could set things up for everyone on the west coast and anyone else able to travel over here, someone could take care of middle, east coast, areas like that.

'Itan Atxur

Well, I'm in the US on the east coast, but am willing to travel anywhere within the US provided I can find decently priced tickets. I may have found a new source of income, so I may actually be able to do this.

Vakari

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 08, 2011, 03:37:58 PM
Well, I'm in the US on the east coast, but am willing to travel anywhere within the US provided I can find decently priced tickets. I may have found a new source of income, so I may actually be able to do this.
That would be wonderful! We now live in Roseville CA, and there are some good places in this area to camp at!

'Itan Atxur

Unfortunately, I can't remember what new "source of income" I was referring to and as such am as poor as I've ever been :(

Tonbogiri

Well, maybe some cheap idea could be sorted out. Hmm, wondering about travel costs to america...

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

guest2859

Quote from: Tonbogiri on June 29, 2011, 06:31:15 PM
Well, maybe some cheap idea could be sorted out. Hmm, wondering about travel costs to america...

I decided to run a test for you, I did a Continental Airline estimate for a flight from London to New York. (Of course, just based on country rather than actual city). If that were the case, a nonstop flight would be $1,892, or £1,178.45. Now, that's just one place, but if I were you, I wouldn't take this completely seriously, because I'm sure there's quite a fluctuation in prices internationally.

Vakari

*chokes* WTF?!?!? I really hope that's wrong....that's WAY too much for a one way ticket....

Either way, I'm going to take a look at some places where we can camp. We're going to need to reserve it first, which I think I can get done. We'll probably have to split the cost too. I'll keep you guys posted! I think, if we do this multiple times, that the first one should be just camping, getting to know each other, buy some food (I have food stamps) that we would find in the wild.

How would you guys want to do all this? Make our own tents or buy tents? Pre-cooked food for the first one, or build fires and cook that way? We WILL need to bring water of our own just in case the water where we go isn't safe. For those of us that may not want to risk any illness whatsoever. (Some of us can probably handle it better than others.)

guest2859

Quote from: Vakari on June 30, 2011, 01:58:48 AM
*chokes* WTF?!?!? I really hope that's wrong....that's WAY too much for a one way ticket....

Either way, I'm going to take a look at some places where we can camp. We're going to need to reserve it first, which I think I can get done. We'll probably have to split the cost too. I'll keep you guys posted! I think, if we do this multiple times, that the first one should be just camping, getting to know each other, buy some food (I have food stamps) that we would find in the wild.

How would you guys want to do all this? Make our own tents or buy tents? Pre-cooked food for the first one, or build fires and cook that way? We WILL need to bring water of our own just in case the water where we go isn't safe. For those of us that may not want to risk any illness whatsoever. (Some of us can probably handle it better than others.)

Yeah, I would too, fortunately I have yet no reason to leave the states...

I think the best way would be have your own materials, then ease out of it, so you're not just going from everything you need to nothing, because I would yet to figure out anything on the wild immediately.

Vakari

That's kind of the idea, ease those of us that may be new to it into the idea and learning of it.

Nantxe'lan

as much as i'd love to join this, but i can't afford the flight either - although the cheapest one way ticket would be "only" 540€ (~780 US$) and 630€ (~ 914 US$) for a round trip (with 14 days between the flights)...
:'(
"All I ever wanted in my sorry-ass life was a single thing worth fighting for."
"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move."
Atxkxe - I somehow love this word.

Oeru syaw Nantxe'lan taluna oeri txe'lan 'efu na txe'lan nantangä.
[img]http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/

Vakari

Well 14 days between flights isn't too bad. Hell, maybe we could work it out! I don't even know yet when this will be planned, so you might have a chance to join anyways!

'Itan Atxur

This is sounding pretty good. I really like the idea of starting easy and removing things over time. Cost is gonna be an issue though, and this is just for a camping trip. How are we ever gonna get actual land?

Vakari

Sorry I've been so inactive, my lifemate and I were homeless for a while. My idea was for us all to try taking a car or two, or however many we need to fit everyone that might join, and pitch in for a camp site. Most sites charge about $25 per car per night, so if we condense and everyone could contribute, that might actually work.

Äteya

I would love to do this but I think it would be to far away and I don't think my mom would let me go. :(