Real life tribe chat room

Started by 'Itan Atxur, March 12, 2010, 09:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Itan Atxur

Okay, so as many of us have noticed we're all epically good at getting way off topic. So I opened this topic so we'd have a place to be off topic within the board. This is also a less formal way of getting to know eachother. So I'll start:

I'm freaking bored as heck and frustrated that I can't get my Internet bill paid. Plus, I can't get word running and I always write my best stuff when I'm in a bad mood.

And remember: Theres no such thing as off topic within this topic! Just make sure to follow the TOS.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Fnua Atxkxe

Good idea, we do go a bit offtopic sometimes. Sorrys about your computer stuff. Mine epic failed in the middle of a skype chat last night :(. BSOD LOL. Offtopic is a good idea though. Skype is very good for offtopic chats with people from the forum.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

'Itan Atxur

Gotta love tech, huh? Can't live with it can't live w/o it

Fnua Atxkxe

All praise the wonders of Bill Gates' imagination.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

Fnua Atxkxe

I sometimes wish I had mac :(. Maybe computer would not fail again. My pc gave the proccessor a new overclock that was unstable and it was crashing about every half minute. I don't like teh evil tawtute technology.

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

friend had mac
other friend had cola
other friend droped cola
friend have windows

If you are a fan of the matix then watch these.
Matrix Runs on Windows XP
Matrix XP
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

'Itan Atxur

Mac vs PC is probably the best corperate rivalry ever.

Txontaw

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 12, 2010, 04:35:17 PM
Mac vs PC is probably the best corperate rivalry ever.

No kidding. You know how Verizon Wireless and Sprint have been duking it out, directly "insulting" the other brand? That started with the Man & PC commercials. They started that trend.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

I love window. My friends HATE windows. Best fights that I've won in a lonnng time.

Txontaw

Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE2 on March 12, 2010, 07:06:36 PM
I love window. My friends HATE windows. Best fights that I've won in a lonnng time.

Haha, nice.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Fnua Atxkxe

The first matrix viideo was very funny, I was watching teh matrix last night.

sezawte

:P I like the matrix but I don't like macs, too expensive
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: sezawte on March 13, 2010, 01:01:51 PM

Mac are actually less expensive in the long run ;)

It's funny because many people consider me an Apple fan because I'm always defending them... and I'm not! There's a lot of stuff on Windows I'd love to see in OS X.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Txontaw

Quote from: Kawazoe on March 13, 2010, 01:23:04 PM
Quote from: sezawte on March 13, 2010, 01:01:51 PM

Mac are actually less expensive in the long run ;)

It's funny because many people consider me an Apple fan because I'm always defending them... and I'm not! There's a lot of stuff on Windows I'd love to see in OS X.

How so?

'Itan Atxur

Well for instance, the file permission system which is WAY better! Stacks (which I think was removed in Windows 7) and filters from the File Manager that are a lot more powerful that what we currently have in OS X 10.6. Even if I love the way Spotlight works, it would be nice if we could use the same syntax you can use on Windows.

Stuff like that ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Txontaw

Quote from: Kawazoe on March 13, 2010, 01:43:16 PM
Well for instance, the file permission system which is WAY better! Stacks (which I think was removed in Windows 7) and filters from the File Manager that are a lot more powerful that what we currently have in OS X 10.6. Even if I love the way Spotlight works, it would be nice if we could use the same syntax you can use on Windows.

Stuff like that ;)

No, I mean, how is it cheaper in the long run?

'Itan Atxur

I fail ¬¬

First of all, the reason depends on which category you choose. If you go for the lower end, like macbook and mac mini, the main difference is in the technical support and repair costs. On average, an OEM PC will be repaired three times before you need to repair a Mac. It goes up to 4.5 on a Custom Build PC!

If you go with the middle range (because you need the power and not because it's more shiny), on top of the previous one, you'll see software cost drop massively. In general, softwares for OS X are cheaper than Windows softwares. OS X in itself cost only 130$ vs the massive 500$ required to buy Windows 7 Ultimate. It's the same for professional software like aperture.

If you go with the high end, that's where it really start to get interesting. Will all the money you saved on tech support and software, you can now save money with just buying the computer! Mac Pro cost between 20 and 60% less than an OEM computer with similar specs and performance. Because of that, their resell value are very high. You can easily sell a 2007 Mac Pro for 70% the price you originally paid for. Upgrading them is very easy and give you a lot of bang for the buck.

There's an other very interesting to know with Apple computers. It's called the 15 hundred line. When you end up paying over 1500$ for a mac, you get better overall quality and performance than everywhere else. The only company that really threaten Apple right now is Sony because they have astonishing prices for their laptop and they are very robust.

Put all of that together and you end up paying less on Macs than on PCs! Here's a real life example. I've bought a Mac Pro in 2008 the day it went out. In total, I've put 4000$ in it. That's including hardware, software. In two years, I didn't needed to make any repairs. That computer is still around 40% more powerful than the big 2000$ desktop tower you can buy today and I didn't changed anything in it since the first month. It cost me 20$ a year in electricity and I will not need to replace it for an other 6 years.

I've recently bought a Core i7 system that I made myself. It is about half the speed of my Mac Pro, cost me twice as much in power and I already need to upgrade some stuff in it because it's not powerful enough anymore. Total cost of own-ship after 6 months: Over 2100$