Recruitment Drive

Started by Tonbogiri, November 17, 2011, 05:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

It is time to restore our numbers, ladies and gentlemen.

At present, there is simply not enough activity to cause any advancement in our plans. Therefore, I feel it is time to recruit more members for our cause!

There are several methods to do so, though any suggestions are welcome:

Website.
The old website, www.project-tribal.com, has not been updated for a while. This can be remedied fairly easily, but the site also requires a blog page and a few other little modifications to make it worthy of being the primary source of information for any potential members. Some have suggested a new website, based either on the web-tool Wordpress or a whole new design from scratch. To resolve this, project-tribal.com shall be updated completely over the next 48 hours, and an an opinion poll can decide its fate.

Podcasts, Blogs and Websites.
This is more of a message to all those who run related web-based functions. If your site is related in any way to ecology preservation, philosophy, anthropology, psychology, or even Avatar, then give us a mention! Remember to direct your viewers to both this forum and towards the improved site.

Friends...
Some of us here may have close relatives or friends with similar plans or ideals. If this is the case, why not introduce them to the Project Tribal philosophy? We encourage every opinion, even if that person doesn't aim to join with us completely, and an objective voice is a valuable asset to any project.

As noted before, any other plans - including offline ideas, such as the inevitable cake stand or lemonade stall - are welcome. The important thing here is actual activity - we need people to actually do these things otherwise they will fall flat and our numbers will not improve at all.

Let's make this our 2011 goal - by the turn of the year, at least triple our membership. If we all make an effort, we can accomplish this.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Nìmwey

I am still here to help.

"Remember to direct your viewers to both this forum and towards the improved site."
I'd love to, but (also a suggestion I suppose) it would be easier to gain people's respect (and thus more members) with a proper forum, not a subforum on a nerd-board for Avatar.
;)
(No offense to Avatar-fans/nerds at all, I love it myself, but that's what most people see it as.)

Tonbogiri

Nìmwey, glad to hear you are still here to help.

You have a point. Upon further consideration, it is my opinion that an ideal situation for us in order to advance our plans will require us to depart from this mother-forum which we have called home for two years now.

Check out the new topic here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/official-tribe-matters/project-tribal-the-next-level/

That may be something we need to resolve before we can properly push for members.

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tsmuktengan

Well, most members of Project Tribal are still in this forum. I am afraid that we may loose many people (that are still looking what happens here) if we move forums too soon. The fact that the common thread that brought us here (for most of us, it seems like there are a few people from outside) is the Avatar film makes that it is still okay that our forum stays here for a little while longer. At least, I personally think it is too early, although the idea is good.

The day we will have decided of a location, have some more experience of what awaits us, more people and some more planned stuff, then we can move our forums because we would have a more solid base on which we could rely on. But this is only my personal opinion. I don't think this nerdy forum is a huge disadvantage as long as we members are mature enough. ;)

I however think the new Website can be done soon and would help blogging about the project and list information. I'll try to look at this in my tiny free time.

Nìmwey

I don't want to appear overly pessimistic, but this project seems to be almost dying. :-\
I've tried to help for many months now, but still, there are too few committed members here as it is now.

At least I'm working on a table/chart (a huge thing, information gathered about 60 different countries, with so far around 27 points for each country, making it 1620 pieces of information), that I can share with you too when it's done.

Tsmuktengan

This project won't die as soon as it keeps at least active. I guess many people went off as it seemed like it was not going forward, and staying in endless discussions that appeared to go nowhere, which is not really true.

This is why I push to gather data : to show where we are and what is to be done on short term to complete location discussion. And even if there is currently a low active user base, it can always be used and helpful in the future. There may be some users reading this forum but not posting. So...

I think it is a matter of organization, and it has been a bit tricky at the beginning.

'Itan Atxur

I'm in agreement. We REALLY need fresh blood. Perhaps we do need a forum separate from Learnnavi.org.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on November 25, 2011, 07:14:06 PM
We REALLY need fresh blood.

This makes me think of :

;D

Ok, weird thoughts aside, I fail to see how moving forums, as an action on it's own, can bring interest and new people. I think a new, up-to-date website with more information will be very effective however. A new forum is probably still early, in my opinion.

Please tell tell me your thoughts about the future website. I don't have any info yet how how you expect to order it or organize it to make it great.

Nìmwey

This seems to be going worse than ever. :(
Or am I just being pessimistic?

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Nìmwey on December 09, 2011, 03:39:07 PM

Not easy. I was hoping to have replies, but not a single idea. I still plan to do it, only time is currently missing. I gave Ngaynume some priority recently, this is why I could not give a minute to this website. But I'd also rather like to feel like I am not alone trying to contribute here, along with you (you have done a great job establishing the countries chart).

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Nìmwey on December 09, 2011, 03:39:07 PM

I'm getting the same feeling :(

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Given that it's been a long time since the original motive for this project was forgotten by most people, it's not surprising that the number of people around is falling.
Perhaps this is another reason to move away from Avatar?
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Tsmuktengan

I am not convinced. The reason is to find a way of life that is really much closer to nature. Ths is quite hard to forget. But many people decided to forget and get on, independently of Avatar. If they were only motivated by a movie that offers a short and idealistic view, then it is not an issue. The issue is that several people that were very attracted with the simple idea (that is not simple to plan though) of living in a simpler and closer to nature, more or less independently of the film, only by inspiration, may have become inactive since it's been a year nothing has much moved since.

A website and forum is only a gallery. If there is nothing decided gradually, if nothing moves, people get bored and do not see their ideas evolving and go away. This is a regular cause of young projects dying by lack of evolution and roadmap. And a new forum won't change anything aside loosing the user base (including people who may be still interested but who don't have time to spend in endless discussions).

For me, it is time to eliminate the various possibilities that have been explored as a locations, eventually search more specific on smaller territories where there are possible locations and start looking and learning for other necessary stuff that shall be more interesting than just looking for a land, and that can even be used and tested in our current everyday life eventually.

In other words, this project must go on, just decisions must be taken. And don't think I am the one who can take them here (who is leading this project?).

Tsmuktengan

If I host the new website, will I receive some help from you to place information in there?  ;)

Nìmwey

Tsmuktengan

Nìmwey

Ok, well, you have my assistance. ;)

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Nìmwey on December 14, 2011, 04:43:24 AM
Ok, well, you have my assistance. ;)

Thank you. Yet, it seems like you're the only one answering here....  :-\

Nìmwey

Quote from: Tonbogiri
Let's make this our 2011 goal - by the turn of the year, at least triple our membership. If we all make an effort, we can accomplish this.
*Cough* :-\*Cough*

DeanD

Kaltxì ma eylan,

I'm new to this thread, and I've not read a lot of it, but I've read a few pages. My apologies if this is something that's already been discussed, but why not, for starters, organize an annual weekend or week-long meetup at a primitive campground that will allow the group to practice shelter building and other pre-planned survival skills/workshops? There's nothing like an actual experience to get people excited about doing it again/long term. I personally try to go to a festival or two a year and my favorite ones are always the ones that are the most primitive, and I always hate to leave and am super psyched to do it again.

Instead of trying to organize a get-together for all the members in one place, I'd suggest forming local tribes in each perspective country. I couldn't make a gathering outside the USA, but I most likely could travel pretty much anywhere within the continental US for it. I'd advertise the gathering as a primitive gathering with a focus on Eco-conscious living and offer workshops on things such as wilderness survival and reducing your carbon footprint. I would NOT mention Avatar or the ultimate goal of forming a functioning primitive tribe. Those subjects would probably drive people away that would otherwise be interested.

Once people have been there overnight and have gotten a taste for the lifestyle and enjoyed it, then I would announce a workshop on "Going Tribal" and discuss the tribe with the people that decide to attend-that way you know that you are talking to people that are actually interested in it and are much more likely to take it seriously.

This would be not only a great way to find more members, but also a means of raising funds. After all, people pay to attend gatherings ;)

I would love to help organize a US gathering if anyone else is interested.

-Dean