Separate or same logo for the tribe and the eco-village?

Started by Nanaki, April 29, 2010, 11:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Separate or same logo for the tribe and the eco-village?

Separate, two differents logos
2 (8.7%)
The same logo
14 (60.9%)
Other (explain on the post)
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Esmond

Quote from: Levrrtepa Menari on April 29, 2010, 04:57:09 PM
@Esmond: But does the "logo" actually mean anything or is it just pretty?

I mean, yeah, sure, it's a nice design, but if it doesn't mean anything on it's own(yes, I know, I know, it stands for the tribe/eco-village,) then it's not a very good symbol. If you look at the symbols used by most groups, you'll find at least one good reason for them using it.

Easiest example I can think of is when America was founded, the national symbol was going to be a turkey, because their necks are red, white, and blue (sort of,) but then the founders realized that being associated with a turkey probably isn't the best idea. So they picked the bald eagle because it looks majestic and it's the top avian predator. Oh yeah, and it can actually fly (unlike turkeys,) so it's almost automatically associated with freedom.

But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that there is some meaning behind it. I'll just have to be patient and wait for you to get in here so you can explain it. Otherwise I will. Mwahahahahahhaa! :)

I'm glad you asked. Yes I did draft them based on certain values that I have preset. Okay, the symbol revolves around a Wawa tree seed, which symbolises our perseverance in what we do (to be a part of, protect and preserve Nature etc). The four connected circles represent the four elements of Nature (Fire, Water, Earth and Air) connected in a geometric, balanced way. As for the dots on both sides, it is to represent us humans (five dots) and the Na'vi (four dots).

Those were the symbolical values I had in mind while drafting.

As for the idea of adding colour, I support it completely. I can add the colours but if anyone can do it then please do since I just reformatted my pc and my Photoshop disc is STILL at my friend's (poan lu skxawng). Or if anyone who's planning to do it finds it difficult to separate the elements then please PM me for the PSD.

Also, thanks for the compliments on the design. I admit I feel good getting so many positive feedback. :)

Help preserve Nature.

Nanaki

Quote from: Esmond on April 30, 2010, 03:04:46 AM
I'm glad you asked. Yes I did draft them based on certain values that I have preset. Okay, the symbol revolves around a Wawa tree seed, which symbolises our perseverance in what we do (to be a part of, protect and preserve Nature etc). The four connected circles represent the four elements of Nature (Fire, Water, Earth and Air) connected in a geometric, balanced way. As for the dots on both sides, it is to represent us humans (five dots) and the Na'vi (four dots).

Ok now I'm really in love of this symbol :D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Levrrtepa Menari

Quote from: Esmond on April 30, 2010, 03:04:46 AM

Those were the symbolical values I had in mind while drafting.

*snip*
Irayo for explaining. I'm currently on a computer that won't let me see the images (so I'm going by memory here,) but does the "X" in the middle mean anything or is it just to connect the 4 element circles? These are the meanings I could think of for it:

- An "X" is commonly used by illiterate people to sign their names on documents, so this one kind of seems like a tongue-in-cheek reference to us being "savages" and living in the wild. :)
- It can be multiplication, mathematically or perhaps in population, supplies, anything you want to increase.
- Conversely, it can also mean division, because the actual symbol separates things into sections. I think this meaning is probably the one you were going for by attaching the element circles to the ends of the "X": dividing the world into the 4 elements.
- In pop culture, a person might draws X's on their hands if they're straight edge, as a way to say that they don't drink, do drugs, or sleep around. By extension, this could also mean not participating in any of the destructive yet socially accepted cultural norms. Which does seem like something we'd be doing.
- However, the most common meaning for an "x" is negation, an "I don't agree" sort of meaning. So putting that over the wawa seed symbol is a bit confusing. Although unintentional, I'm sure.

Esmond

It was supposed to connect the four elements. At first it was a + but I didn't want it to associate with Christianity so I rotated it.

Certainly not intentional but I like your interpretation that says it divides the world into 4 elements.

Help preserve Nature.

Ikranä mokri

I had a go and coloured it, I couldnt get a good human skin colour so it came out purple. hope thats its to everyones liking.

4 dots blue to signify the Na'Vi then earth(brown) air(lighter blue) fire(red) water(darker blue) then the green cross cause it felt right. and the rest neutral

EDIT and esmond
Quote(po lu skxawng)
would be It is a moron for he add -an to make it masculine (po-an skxawng lu)

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Esmond

lOve the colours but the center line is actually part of the wawa seed.

Thank you so much for colouring it. :) Also for correcting me. 

Help preserve Nature.

Ikranä mokri

felt like putting the central line green cause it was quite difficult to get the right diagonal continiously.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Esmond

It's alright, it's a good rough idea of how it'd look like with colour. Maybe I'll update my psd when we've decided on the final colours. (I like your take on it so far)

Still, great effort. You get cookie when I go online on my desktop. :)

Help preserve Nature.

Eywayä lì'u

yeah, I think the air colour could maybe be better if it was either like a turquoise blue or white even, rather than a bright blue.
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

sezawte

I like the logo, I'm just not sure I like the current colouring scheme  :-\ sorry, I don't know why but it just seems a bit cluttered as regards colours.
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: sezawte on May 01, 2010, 06:47:35 AM
I like the logo, I'm just not sure I like the current colouring scheme  :-\ sorry, I don't know why but it just seems a bit cluttered as regards colours.

I must, reluctantly, agree. I like the reasoning for all of the Colors, but some of them just seem out of place ^_^; I took a little while and changed it around a bit, to something I think might be a little more appropriate. ^_^;?

It's a bit sloppy, but I like it ^_^ I darkened the green, made the dots on both sides blue and added one, then added a couple circles and colored them in with gold, to represent sunlight ^_^ What do you think?

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

sezawte

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Nanaki

no offense, but too weird for me. I prefer the first version.
The green is too dark, and I prefer the 4 circles who represents the 4 four elements.

And the dots are strange, the old color was better ...

I just think, we need to change some colors from the first.

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on May 01, 2010, 03:21:50 AM
yeah, I think the air colour could maybe be better if it was either like a turquoise blue or white even, rather than a bright blue.

And maybe the red too, but that's all for me. It's just perfect after.

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

Predict

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it could be good to have a simplified version of the symbol as well.
Not quite sure how to say this but that's got a lot of lines, sometimes you might want something more minimal that can be scaled down smaller.

I'm thinking like this, although it's not great.
Edit: To make it clear, this isn't meant to be a usable symbol, it's only there to illustrate a point.

Levrrtepa Menari

Quote from: 'Eylan Ayikranä on May 01, 2010, 02:11:39 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it could be good to have a simplified version of the symbol as well.
Not quite sure how to say this but that's got a lot of lines, sometimes you might want something more minimal that can be scaled down smaller.

I'm thinking like this, although it's not great.

But by taking away the lines, you lose the symbol for the wawa seed which, if you read Esmond's post, you know is a symbol of hardness, toughness, and perseverance. That's essential to the meaning of the symbol. Otherwise it's just a bunch of circles.

Personally, I like the original that Esmond posted: black and simple.

Predict

I understand what you're saying. As I said, I wasn't suggesting that was in any way a good symbol. I was simply suggesting having a minimalistic, alternative symbol, obviously all the meaning must be represented. I guess it's not an idea worth pursuing but I wanted to put it out there. It's a practical consideration that isn't all that significant at this point.

Nanaki

Levrrtepa Menari

Quote from: 'Eylan Ayikranä on May 01, 2010, 04:49:19 PM
*snip* It's a practical consideration that isn't all that significant at this point.

To expand on that, the whole idea of having a symbol isn't all that significant at this point. But here we are, discussing it anyway.  ::) We humans are so odd.

sezawte

Quote from: Nanaki on May 01, 2010, 05:02:23 PM
Quote from: Levrrtepa Menari on May 01, 2010, 04:33:08 PM
Personally, I like the original that Esmond posted: black and simple.

Irayo ... :)

Well I said that originally but everybody else was like "nooooo it's boring" so there you go -.-

Nanaki

Quote from: sezawte on May 01, 2010, 06:04:50 PM
Well I said that originally but everybody else was like "nooooo it's boring" so there you go -.-

too sad :(
I'm just in love on the first without colors ... :)