Shoes: Yes? No? Or can you decide?

Started by Swok Tihawnu, March 11, 2010, 06:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swok Tihawnu

I didn't see a topic about this and I figured it's a good point to bring up. I don't really have a clue on this one... I really want to go barefoot, but on the same note shoes are good too. I'm thinking of going the entire day tomorrow barefoot and I think doing that will help me decide whether I want to wear shoes or go barefoot in the tribe.
I dream of a paradise, where everyone is treated equal, where the planet is lush with nature and everyone is happy.

I hold to the sole belief, that my skin will peel off and that I will be reborn as a Na'vi.

guest2859

Adding to Progress.

By the time we go in, we might be starting off with shoes. But we won't be buing special Nikes or something. You can go barefooted or wrap your feet in fur.

Nanaki

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on March 11, 2010, 06:38:49 PM
Adding to Progress.

By the time we go in, we might be starting off with shoes. But we won't be buing special Nikes or something. You can go barefooted or wrap your feet in fur.

Yep ! And it will depend of the location too I guess :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Fnua Atxkxe

Yeh, environment will be highly persuasive in most of the discussions we're having. We really need to nail it down :).
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

If it's snowing, we shouldn't even be there.

Fnua Atxkxe

Who said it would be snowing? :D I just meant that if were we end up involves rough terrain or something then barefoot may be painful there. On the other hand it might be easy to run around barefoot. I don't know. I was jsut saying it will be easier to decide when we know location.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

Or falling off a cliff for some reason. I need to get into free running to learn how to roll.

Txontaw

I say no. If you go barefoot long enough, your foot will be hard enough to withstand pretty much everything but man-made sharp objects sticking straight up.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

bagget00

Quote from: Txontaw on March 11, 2010, 08:05:31 PM
I say no. If you go barefoot long enough, your foot will be hard enough to withstand pretty much everything but man-made sharp objects sticking straight up.

Like when your eating potato chips and one sticks straight up into your other tooth. It hurts like hell. :)
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I personally go barefoot as often as possible. I don't like most shoes but I agree, the terrain will be the biggest factor, and if we have livestock it's generally good to wear foot protection around them :)
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Txontaw

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on March 11, 2010, 08:50:44 PM
I personally go barefoot as often as possible. I don't like most shoes but I agree, the terrain will be the biggest factor, and if we have livestock it's generally good to wear foot protection around them :)

Haha, although it's pretty easy to use the tactic of "see and avoid".
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Alright, this is just silly. If someone wants to wear shoes, we are not going to stop them. This thread is kinda pointless, sorry for being blunt. Please try and focus your attention on the more important and pressing issues, such as the location of the Tribe and the Governmental system, and so on. ^_^ Irayo for your time, and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Locked.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn