Survival Guide.

Started by Letxuma Swizaw, February 25, 2010, 09:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txon Taronyu

how is the SAS to general it has info for lots of stuff

plus we don't even know where we are going yet
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

exactly it has lots of stuff that's exactly why it's too general. And i would hazard a guess that we aren't going to the tundra or similar. The point of this is to gather all of the useful information from other guides along with testimonies of individuals to show practical applications of the skills described in said guide. With it all gathered in one organized easy to read place it makes survival less of a book hunt. Also some of the descriptions given in those guides, suck, they are just too hard to comprehend for some people i plan on making an easy to read and comprehend guide that assumes you have never even stepped outside, instead of assuming you are a trained British special forces member.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

but it also has lots of specific stuff to I think its all we need
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

Yes and i am putting all of this specific data in one place for easy retrieval and for free i might add.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

Well personaly I think its a waste of time all the info we need is right there plus lots of interesting stuff

you should just make a list of usefull sections

plus we will also have to learn a lot when we get there

Letxuma Swizaw

Are you trying to drive me insane? I am compiling the information for quick access the organization (and price) of the guides out there are too much for us to handle all at once. Would you rather read 4 or 5 guides sifting through the repeated material, or would you rather read a perfectly cited document holding all the information from many guides in an easy to find manner and discluding the repetition of the commercial guides? And furthermore written in an easy to understand format for normal people who have no military or camping/hunting experience. Along with exercise instructions to maintain your ability to perform the aforementioned skills and proper nutrition rules and how to handle multiple injuries that go unmentioned in those guides. And specific food sources, water sources, and material sources.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Txon Taronyu

OK I understand that

I just think people should read this and the SAS because it is a good easy full guide as well

please calm down I think this a good idea i just want to say the SAS is good so people might consider reading it as well since he is an expert and has done this stuff

Letxuma Swizaw

sorry i got a little frustrated with something else and carried it over here.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Txon Taronyu

Don't worry its ok

if you need help with this I have like memorized the SAS and other survival guides

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

Txon Taronyu

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

lol according 2 the Na'vi dictionary it means calm weather i used it the right way or spelled it right is a different story

Txon Taronyu

Interesting thanks for telling me

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

was i wrong in how i wrote it?

Txon Taronyu

What no I just did not know that word

Tuteyä amuiä 'itan

ooo ok lol hey u learn something new everyday... for me its like every second on here my brain hurts lol

Txon Taronyu

Ya im a sponge for info I take it in and don't often forget info (unless its names,dates,appointments,and dutys)

Letxuma Swizaw

Necro-posting for the sake of tribe's wellbeing. ;D I found a guide in my research that renders my work so far useless. The guide is called "Ultimate Guide to Wilderness Living: Surviving with Nothing But Your Bare Hands and What You Find in the Woods" by John and Geri McPherson. It is exactly what i wanted; it isn't a "survival guide" but more of a living guide. It actually sows you how to live in the wild not just survive. IMO better than the SAS guide for our purposes.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Ikranä mokri

isnt survival teh first step towards living ?

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Letxuma Swizaw

Well, yes, :D but my point and the point of that guide are to show you not only how to survive but how to sustain yourself in one area comfortably for an extended period of time.

You should have no problem finding it in your local library.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.