Survival Guide.

Started by Letxuma Swizaw, February 25, 2010, 09:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Letxuma Swizaw

I need help writing a survival guide, simple as that. I'll be compiling the info and doing some of the writing with research from survival guides that I'm reading right now.

I know there are plenty of survival guides out there but none are exactly tuned to our purpose and are usually very generalized. So the guide I'm proposing will be extensive in long term survival and will be more location specific. I will have to wait, unfortunately, for a decision to made on the exact climate we will be staying in for a lot of the info to be determined and to eliminate superfluous data that so many guides have.

I will outline the guide here any suggestions for additions would be greatly appreciated (I'm sure i missed something big) and if you want to study that section tell me here and i will update this post accordingly to show peoples responsibilities.

I: Life in the wilderness: stories, testimonies, history  (probably will include a summary of Brent Ladd's life experiences)

II: Fitness
 A)exercises
    1. easy exercise (low impact)

2. parkour
      a)applications
      b) techniques

3. Cardio
      a) endurance

4. Healthy diet

III: Survival Skills (the meat of it all)
 A)Shelter/Wamth
   1.Types
   2.Materials
   3.Instructions
      a)Shelter building
      b)Fire building

B)Food/Water
   1.Food
     a)hunting/weapon crafting/trapping
     b)gathering
     c)prep.

2.Water
     a)appropriate sources
     b)Proper management/ prep

3.Emergencies
     a)poisons
     b)viral/bacterial sickness (can be ignored in favour of general emergencies section)

C)General emergencies
   1.Breaks/sprains
   2.Cuts/scrapes/burns/rashes
   3.infection (fungal and bacterial)
   4.Sickness (Influenza, dysentery(god forbid), ect.)

D)Craftsmanship
  (blah blah blah) anything that needs to be created that isn't covered in previous sections.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Txon Taronyu

Just get the SAS survival guide it has all this and more and no offence it will be better writen(most likley) and its writen by an expert who has actally done this
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Letxuma Swizaw

Already have it. and if you read the OP all the way you would see that my problem is that they (survival guides in general) are too general. and are for survival, assuming you are waiting to be discovered or picked up, not for living in the wilderness permanently.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

I would love a copy once you finish your survival guide. I would be happy to pay for it, shipping and handling.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Letxuma Swizaw

It will probably be in a creative commons licensed Pdf format so no worries about shipping! ;D But really i need some help I'm so washed out with school work right now, it's ridiculous.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Ikranä mokri

just get teh SAS guide it has everything for survival. well minus parkour and exercise and iv alrady this with tiloran but he has the finished copy im just waiting for him to come back online.

you could do this about parkour and general fitness but as a survival guide you will find allot of information that will be useless and (no offence) unless you a master at survival, which i doubt, then you wont know th ereal fromt eh absolute bollocks

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

sezawte

Just a quick question, are you intending to print this and sell it or put it on pdf for us tribe members to have a look at on the interwebs?  ;D
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 26, 2010, 10:53:06 AM
It will probably be in a creative commons licensed Pdf format so no worries about shipping! ;D But really i need some help I'm so washed out with school work right now, it's ridiculous.

This.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

'Itan Atxur

Awesome idea! Perhaps down the line if I ever get some free time I'll see if I can't help in some way.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Ikranä mokri

why not just invest in a trusted and proven guide that has been written by a prfessional

buy the SAS survival guide.

some of the stuff you might read on here might be very misleading or wrong because im guessing you using the internet as a recourse rather than your own experiences

so buy the guide trust me its not expensive and its full of really good useful advice

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I've got the SAS guide and really need to read it.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Zalorticus

Parkour techniques are kind of hard to explain via writing; I could help with that though  :).
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ikranä mokri

i find watching videos then trying them and getting it very wrong are always a good way to learn

Zalorticus

Trial and error is the way I learned; I tend to learn by doing anyway...
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.

Ikranä mokri

yeah well i learnt by breaking my arm and ankle that i have to perfect the roll.

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 26, 2010, 01:38:37 PM
why not just invest in a trusted and proven guide that has been written by a prfessional

buy the SAS survival guide.

some of the stuff you might read on here might be very misleading or wrong because im guessing you using the internet as a recourse rather than your own experiences

so buy the guide trust me its not expensive and its full of really good useful advice

Please read the whole post if you're going to criticize me. I am using reliable sources, and i find it slightly offensive that you would assume that i was so dimwitted to do otherwise.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Ikranä mokri

if there already out there why not promote one that's gonna be good!?

i can understand trying to teach parkour but its easier to learn through trial and error

i never said u were dimwitted ur making very bad assumptions about me, and that cant happen in the tribe otherwise it would fail miserably. we have to trust eachother fully so don't assume about people.

i was say that experience is the best thing to have just regurgitating information may be easy but its not useful in teh long run. if you have persoanl experinces you can write about them and have a greater understanding of the writing in the guides.

Letxuma Swizaw

I meant that i consider people who don't use reliable sources dimwitted. Anyhow that's all good and well but i am talking about an organized and specific guide to living not just surviving in an environment that we will be in the other guides are great but too general. You can't start trial and error with out knowing how to even start in the first place. And not everyone has time to read through 100+ pages of useless information to get to the meat, which is what i am making; A guide that is all meat and no filler.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Ikranä mokri

sometimes the stuff that isnt the meat can save your life.

that i know from experience

Letxuma Swizaw

sometimes the stuff that isn't meat on pertains to the tundra and other places we will not be staying. Why do you care so much if it's just going to be a specialized compilation of outside sources.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.