Tribal Activism

Started by The old Uriuujìn, February 15, 2010, 11:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The old Uriuujìn

I was looking at the main site for the first time in a while just now, until I came across a new board- Environmental Conservation. We were mentioned there, but it wasn't that flattering. We were challenged to try and use the money that we raise for the Tribe and instead use it to make the world a better place, and they were right... partly. We are correct in wanting to do this- there is nothing wrong with this. However, just because we are now members of a brotherhood that mostly is excluding the modern world, we must remember that we are Human, and all people are smuktu. I challenge us to take a good third of what we raise and donate it to Activist movements and Charities the world over. We would still be financing the Tribe, but we would also be working to make the Entire world a better place ^_^ What do you all think?

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

Well, I think what ever we decide would be kind of irrelevant at this point, because we don't have any money to donate yet. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

I'm all for donating as much as we can. But note I said "as much as we can" which means right now, absolutely nothing. I've been donating money I don't have to donate for years now to different causes and haven't got s*** back when I needed help from society except the warm fuzzy feeling you get for doing something good.

I say that for now, we focus on getting what WE need THEN try giving as much back to society as we can. I know that just because society doesn't really care about us at all, doesn't mean we shouldn't try doing more than our fair share anyways! ;D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Letxuma Swizaw

We should focus on giving the earth what she needs not us and not others (as bad as that sounds) we are more than human we are terrans and therefore anything we do pertains to this earth. So i'm down for helping others as long as their helping the true parent.

EDIT:

And i hope this wasn't something slanderous or less than flattering because the last thing we need here is division, ma aysmuk.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

bagget00

Well heres this idea. If we are a group of people who are sort of shunning modern technology, then aren't we sort of going green? At least we know exactly what our money is going into.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

'Itan Atxur

This is kind of how I've felt about this thing. If we can though, I don't think it would be such a bad thing to continue giving back to a society that has taken so much.

bagget00

Heres an idea to go with yours. Maybe when we are moving into the tribe after every hitch in the plan has been resolved and every issue ironed out and we know we are wanting to stay there for Eywa knows how long, we could donate things we can't take with us like video game consoles and TV's and refrigerators. Give our soon to be unused possesions a new home with someone who doesn't have as much.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

'Itan Atxur

Thats also a very good idea.

The old Uriuujìn

I think that you are missing my point. My thing with this is that we are donating largely for environmentalist movements, for conservation and that sort of thing, with some humanitarian work thrown in on the side for good measure ^_^ Just wanted to clarify

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

'Itan Atxur

Yes, I think I got that. I do support donating to such causes that will use it for good. The problem is that the rest of the world will continue to be indifferent and destroy the planet.

But none the less, while I think trying to make an impact is now pretty much futile, it is NOT worth giving up!

Txon Taronyu

This is a good idea. Way to go!
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)