Tribal "Dress Code"

Started by Nìftxavang Sreu, March 03, 2010, 06:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìftxavang Sreu

Quote from: Toruk Txonä on March 08, 2010, 06:37:36 PM
Well, depends on the region. If it's hot enough, we'll most likely skip the inbetween steps and go straight to the loin cloths.
Makes sense to me. I mean, i know for mental "health" having those in between steps are necessary for the mental transition, but physically, I'd rather be comfortable then polite.

proud member of the NSFC!!

eywa´eveng frrtu

i'd also like it to go direct to the loin cloth but it'll depend on what our body's can take.
Where not used to living in the wild and probably our body wil tell us soon enough that were not made for this.so we'll defenately need time to adapt before our we can fisically take the suspense of wearing a loin cloth

The old Uriuujìn

I am personally adverse to going straight-up Loincloth. I think that our bodies would be better off wearing clothing, but that's just me. Besides, we make clothes that are designed for comfort, maneuverability, and other such things ^_^And it affords a bit of privacy where we otherwise may not have much. Something to think about.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Ikranä mokri

QuoteWell, depends on the region. If it's hot enough, we'll most likely skip the inbetween steps and go straight to the loin cloths.
the fact is your gonna be used to having you legs covered 24/7. some of us more crazy people who wear shorts all year round will be slightly used to getting stung on teh leg as well as getting scratched but branches and other forms of wounds.

and the heat will have no affect on you or if it does it will be very minimal. it not like your gonna be wearing jeans out there cause they are the worst sort of trouser to wear in doing anything.

If you go to a loincloth when you havent built up any pain threshold for you legs (this goes for any part of your body) you will hate wearing it. this is why trousers would be a good transition thing especially if you take the leightweight ones (jeans bad bad bad idea) cause they are thin enough to keep you cool but hey also keep you warm and dry quickly if wet.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

I missed my chance but I'll post it now

(do not hate me for saying this but I am a scientific kind of guy and like to share science even if its gross or makes me sound like a pev)

The woman's breast is skin containing a gland for making milk and also the thing to convert into milk, fat. As the woman stay longer in a tribe the smaller the breast size will become. They will become small enough for when a top is not worn without males drooling over it.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

Ikranä mokri

(this is slightly pervy beware)

unfortunately i prefer smaller breasts
so good but not for me

im just going to go away for a while and bash my head agaisnt a wall

bagget00

But if we go loincloth, women may not be wearing a bra. We all know what gravaty does. Look at Nat Geo and tell me those are small.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

abi

Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE2 on March 09, 2010, 03:22:57 AM

(do not hate me for saying this but I am a scientific kind of guy and like to share science even if its gross or makes me sound like a pev)

The woman's breast is skin containing a gland for making milk and also the thing to convert into milk, fat. As the woman stay longer in a tribe the smaller the breast size will become. They will become small enough for when a top is not worn without males drooling over it.

Uhh, I'm pretty sure it's a cultural thing. They don't "drool" over breasts because they're so used to them, they're not sexualized.

Nìftxavang Sreu

Quote from: abi on March 09, 2010, 06:27:44 AM
Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE2 on March 09, 2010, 03:22:57 AM

Uhh, I'm pretty sure it's a cultural thing. They don't "drool" over breasts because they're so used to them, they're not sexualized.

I believe that is very true. After a certain amount of time, being more naked won't be such a big deal.

I also wanted to share a personal experience I had today. I went walking in the woods today because it was sooo warm (I live in PA, pretty deep in the woods) and decided to go off the trail. Now, I was wearing capri pants, flip flops, and a long sleeved shirt. after running around and having fun barefoot for about 45 minutes, I decided to try find my path back home. On the way, I got caught in soooo many thorn bush's, i was ready to give up and just lay there for a while and try to figure out a different plan. I had to put my shoes back on and like walk on the plants, but once I got back on the trail, I had to find a stump, and sit down to pick thorns from between 1/4 of and inch to an entire inch out of my flesh. They caught mypants to my legs and all sorts of things like that. I don't think I would have made it through if I was wearing a simple tribal top!! But, it seems that most of the discussion about location has ruled out this temperate forest climate. Thanks Eywa!!!

proud member of the NSFC!!

Txontaw

I was thinking something along the lines of a modified loincloth. Like, shorts mixed with loincloth. Then people don't have to worry about feeling self conscious, but we aren't wearing tawtute clothes either.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Ikranä mokri

QuoteI also wanted to share a personal experience I had today. I went walking in the woods today because it was sooo warm (I live in PA, pretty deep in the woods) and decided to go off the trail. Now, I was wearing capri pants, flip flops, and a long sleeved shirt. after running around and having fun barefoot for about 45 minutes, I decided to try find my path back home. On the way, I got caught in soooo many thorn bush's, i was ready to give up and just lay there for a while and try to figure out a different plan. I had to put my shoes back on and like walk on the plants, but once I got back on the trail, I had to find a stump, and sit down to pick thorns from between 1/4 of and inch to an entire inch out of my flesh. They caught mypants to my legs and all sorts of things like that. I don't think I would have made it through if I was wearing a simple tribal top!! But, it seems that most of the discussion about location has ruled out this temperate forest climate. Thanks Eywa!!!

perfect example of what i was getting at earlier. (just guessing here) but i bet it hurt like hell when you were walking through the thorns. This is due to a low pain tolerance, if you had walked through that bush everyday for a month wearing shorts and a t shirt you wouldnt feel the pain as badly as you probably did. trousers/shorts stop this and give you time to get used to newer pains that you will inevetably feel.

QuoteI was thinking something along the lines of a modified loincloth. Like, shorts mixed with loincloth. Then people don't have to worry about feeling self conscious, but we aren't wearing tawtute clothes either

not to put you down but wouldnt that just be like wearing shorts?

Keye'ung

I don't know if this has been brought up yet so if it has please forgive me for repeating the same question but:

What about womanly needs? ( if you catch my drift)

Pretty sure a loin cloth would fail magnificently for us women. And what to do when " that time of month" swings by?  ???

And speaking on behalf of the " well endowed" women, I'd rather be caught dead then without a bra :D
A question that often drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?

Ikranä mokri

QuoteI don't know if this has been brought up yet so if it has please forgive me for repeating the same question but:

Pretty sure a loin cloth would fail magnificently for us women. And what to do when " that time of month" swings by? 

And speaking on behalf of the " well endowed" women, I'd rather be caught dead then without a bra

this topic has been touched upon but not really explained.

mountainbanshee2 said this
Quote(do not hate me for saying this but I am a scientific kind of guy and like to share science even if its gross or makes me sound like a pev)

i dont think we ever took into account when "It" happens,

as for larger chested women i think that some form of covering would be used (for all women unless they didnt want to) probably made out of leather or natural resources. but i doubt that it would be exactly like a bra more sort of teh thin Jack wearis in Mass effect 2 (if uv played it)

but everythign i say are just ideas if they are offensive or seem crude in any way i am sorry it is unintentional

Keye'ung

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 10, 2010, 07:29:03 AM
QuoteI don't know if this has been brought up yet so if it has please forgive me for repeating the same question but:

Pretty sure a loin cloth would fail magnificently for us women. And what to do when " that time of month" swings by? 

And speaking on behalf of the " well endowed" women, I'd rather be caught dead then without a bra

this topic has been touched upon but not really explained.

mountainbanshee2 said this
Quote(do not hate me for saying this but I am a scientific kind of guy and like to share science even if its gross or makes me sound like a pev)

i dont think we ever took into account when "It" happens,

as for larger chested women i think that some form of covering would be used (for all women unless they didnt want to) probably made out of leather or natural resources. but i doubt that it would be exactly like a bra more sort of teh thin Jack wearis in Mass effect 2 (if uv played it)

but everythign i say are just ideas if they are offensive or seem crude in any way i am sorry it is unintentional

I like the idea of some form of covering for the womens breasts.

Still the topic of " it"  is still one of concern for me ^-^;; seeing as this thread has namely covered things from a mans point of view- forgetting us ladies! we have needs too ;P
A question that often drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?

Ikranä mokri

QuoteI like the idea of some form of covering for the womens breasts.

Still the topic of " it"  is still one of concern for me ;; seeing as this thread has namely covered things from a mans point of view- forgetting us ladies! we have needs too ;P

well its understanable that its gonna be coming from our point of view as it seems that there are allot, a hell of allot more guys on the forum than girls.

but as for "it" were still going to have contact with civilisation cause of the eco tribe and summer camp (both still going right??) so im sure you could bring preventative measures for a good few years when you come. again just an idea

Eywayä lì'u

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 10, 2010, 07:41:44 AM
QuoteI like the idea of some form of covering for the womens breasts.

Still the topic of " it"  is still one of concern for me ;; seeing as this thread has namely covered things from a mans point of view- forgetting us ladies! we have needs too ;P

well its understanable that its gonna be coming from our point of view as it seems that there are allot, a hell of allot more guys on the forum than girls.

but as for "it" were still going to have contact with civilisation cause of the eco tribe and summer camp (both still going right??) so im sure you could bring preventative measures for a good few years when you come. again just an idea

The trick is to train yourself with mid tricks! lol only jkin
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

I plan on not being in the tribe for mayby 4-5 years after the planned starting for studing resons(this is just an estimate, I'm hoping to find myself at MIT once I have finished uni). Depending on the part of the world the I can paradrop suplies down.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

guest2859

I'll probably be 1 year late, because I'd want to get my college education and have a fallback.

Fnua Atxkxe

I intend to be their for the start ;D.

(oops offtopic)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^