Tribal "Dress Code"

Started by Nìftxavang Sreu, March 03, 2010, 06:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nìftxavang Sreu

I've seen Avatar in theaters many times, and made it a point the last two times to study what many of the characters, and people in the fore-ground, were wearing. I'm making sketches of the thing I saw, so I can begin making a few. That brought me to the thought, "What will we wear in our daily Tribal life?!" I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on this?

Irayo

Nìftxavang Sreu

proud member of the NSFC!!

Col Quaritch

Please! Please! But flaps as well I have no desire to see anyones pink zit covered rumpass.

Fnua Atxkxe

Depends on location, sort that out and it's easier to answer that, honestly I don't mind what it is, if people want to go about in loincloths ;) then yay, if people just want casual loose clothes then yay. Again depends highly on location, can't really say until then. Unfortunately location is proving difficult to peg down ATM but I've created this thread http://forum.learnnavi.org/real-life-navi-tribe/what-do-we-want-from-our-tribe-location/ that will hopefully allow us to gather our thoughts and move forward on that.
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nìftxavang Sreu

Thanks. I agree that depending on location, and personal preference, your personal wardrobe. I've been thinking about a type of swim suite top made of more natural materials (with feathers for decoration of course) and a double sided loin cloth for the bottom? Not sure yet. I'll keep working on my designs though  :)

Col Quaritch

Or in my case camo based on terrian I wear anything less the only animal we will sneak up on will be a blind one.

Nìftxavang Sreu

hmmm very true. good point. our pinkish skin does tend to stick out, no matter what habitat we're in!

guest2859

Perhaps... I was thinking maybe when we first go, it'd be in something like shorts and a muscle shirt, nothing special. Then as we go along, we'll realize there's no washing machines, and use the skin off kills, to either double-loin cloth, toga, or kind of a towel-wrap style.

Nìftxavang Sreu

Hmm very interesting ideas  :)

Fnua Atxkxe

We could get around the washing issue, it really depends on preference and location.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

eywa´eveng frrtu

yeah like when there's  stream nearby everybody can wash their own clothes if they want to where them

Fnua Atxkxe

Exactly. plus depends on what happens with tech in eco-village, they might end up having washing machine (unlikely but not decided yet). Personaly I like the idea of making and wearing tribal clothes but, whatever the community decides :D.

eywa´eveng frrtu

i vote for self made clothing (maybe not yet in the first few months but eventually YES).

Ikranä mokri

the fact with our skin colour is we would quite quickly pick up allot of dirt and grime which would mask teh stink of human as wellas hide our skin colour. and we may become allot more tanned due to being outside more and probably over the generations i skin coulour would change slightly to be more suited to our envirionment

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Nanaki

Quote from: eywa´eveng frrtu sì on March 03, 2010, 08:35:03 PM
i vote for self made clothing (maybe not yet in the first few months but eventually YES).

Yep, True I approve :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

sezawte

Don't forget the reason loin cloths are worn in the first place is because they're convinient ;) fewer clothes to get caught on trees and as it was observed as you get grubby you tend to blend in anyway. Also less to wash. On the other hand it really depends on the location what's most appropriate
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Nìftxavang Sreu

Agreed. My only hesitations is:
Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 04, 2010, 03:01:05 AM
....we may become allot more tanned due to being outside more and probably over the generations i skin coulour would change slightly to be more suited to our envirionment

There's a lot of discussions out here saying that reproduction in the village won't be allowed. Not sure how I feel about that but, we'll see what happens  :)

Ikranä mokri

QuoteThere's a lot of discussions out here saying that reproduction in the village won't be allowed. Not sure how I feel about that but, we'll see what happens

well im inclined to agreee with them to start with. when we have a built society and got an infastructure tehn i think kids could be an option

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Eywayä lì'u

if this is going to be a true tribe community, there is going to reproduction at some point, the only problem with that is issues with the governments child welfare laws, where ever we go
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nìftxavang Sreu

Well, if over time people change their citizenship to whatever country we're living in, then when they have children will be citizens there, and harldy any countries child welfare laws are as strict. (example: in Iceland, mothers are allowed and often leave their babies in the stroller/buggie outside the cafe or restaurant, and go in and eat with friends or family. Sometimes the strollers are even lined 2 or 3 deep! Here, you leave your 7 year old child in the car and go grocery shopping for 5 minutes and you can end up arrested!)

nik1

just a though but a tribe needs a younger generation to adventually take over, or else the idea and goals of the tribe will die off with the last of the generation that settled it.  Without children there is really no long term future, and how many people are going to be able to be out hunting realistically in their 60's or 70's should they live that long?

Nik'