What non-essential items can we take?

Started by Fnua Atxkxe, February 25, 2010, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnua Atxkxe

I know that the idea of leaving things behind has been discussed, but what items can we bring with us to the tribe. i.e. if you have something that has special significance to you. Obviously space will be at a premium, some things could get damaged and some things just aren't practical to take. Should we place a limit on how many personal items we can bring. What does everyone think?
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

Take vital stuff- medicines, inhalers, etc. And maybe a couple of pictures... that's about it. Everything else would be hand-made.

Txontaw

We may have to take some not hand-made stuff in order to sustain us until we get settled. After all, we're creating a tribe, not going to one that's already been there for forever. ;)
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Letxuma Swizaw

We'll probably take a few axes/saws/knives at first because it'll take us a while to create those things. You could be like me though and plan on bringing hand-made ones in the first place. ;D
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Mindas Arran

Hydrogen Peroxide.

You think I'm joking, but I'm not. haha

Ikranä mokri

knives and bow and some tools

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Fnua Atxkxe

Already knew about vital stuff such as medicine, I was meaning more stuff that is perhaps not neccessary to survival but objects that have some personal value to you.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Fnua Atxkxe

I get the feeling that it is going to be pretty much only vital stuff, irayo for the input, I guess I'd better start saying goodbye to any things I might miss.

Nanaki

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on February 27, 2010, 07:53:31 PM
I guess I'd better start saying goodbye to any things I might miss.

Do you think that it will be hard ?
For my part, I don't think. The only person that I might miss is my mother.
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Txontaw

Besides the necessary, I think we'd be able to bring a couple of sentimental items.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Fnua Atxkxe

I would also miss my parents :( but I will have to deal with that, also will miss my fav katana and a couple of other select items.

Txon Taronyu

Ooh take the katana that would be cool  ;D
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Hmm, I think the katana would be cool and certainly something you could bring if you want. But I don't think it would serve much use.

;D ;D

-'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Fnua Atxkxe

I have a few katana's though only two that are forged well enough to take the strain of use. 'Itan Atxur is right, historically the katana was only used for ceremonial purposes, they are very long and heavy. The wakazashi (think mini katana) would probably be more useful as it is not as heavy or the tanto (think oversized dagger) as these were the actual wepons used for combat. Katana is more only to look at and intimidate, I'll see if I have a pic here.

Ikranä mokri

isnt this a little off topic seeming as katans would really be needed except for sentimental value.

sezawte

I think what we need to take is some basic supplies and tools, we should probably keep sentimental items to a minimum so as to bring as many useful items as possible
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Fnua Atxkxe

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 01, 2010, 11:43:50 AM
isnt this a little off topic seeming as katans would really be needed except for sentimental value.

Is not offtopic, I started this topic to see what peoples opinions were on sentimental items. I had just pointed out that they would be completely impractical.

Quote from: sezawte on March 01, 2010, 11:49:28 AM
I think what we need to take is some basic supplies and tools, we should probably keep sentimental items to a minimum so as to bring as many useful items as possible

This is more of the kind of thing I wanted to hear, but do people think we should bring only useful things or are a couple of sentimental objects allowed? I think we've already decided that as many practical objects such as medicines and tools is the obvious priority.

I probably could have created a clearer name for this thread but it was late and I just thought I'd put down my thought and go to bed. I have now changed the thread name to what is hopefully a more clear one.

guest2859

I'm taking a survivor knife, the kind with the sharp blade, and essential items in the handle. It'll be usefull when needed.

Ikranä mokri

non-essential

picture of family (nah to many memories)

no thats it for me- its gonna be a new life so i might as well ditch the old one totally

Nanaki

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on March 02, 2010, 02:41:45 AM
non-essential

picture of family (nah to many memories)

no thats it for me- its gonna be a new life so i might as well ditch the old one totally

exactly what i'm thinking guy ;) It will be a whole new life, so I think I will forget the old :)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!