After 7 weeks...an announcement

Started by Tonbogiri, November 12, 2011, 10:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonbogiri

Greetings to all.

This is Tonbogiri, and it is with great joy that I return to this forum after almost two and a half months away. I can only say that my absence can be put on the university I now attend - the course is demanding, and leaves me little time outside work.

Even so.

This, I feel, does not do justice to the fact that all it needs to check this forum is a couple of clicks on a screen. I therefore apologise for my absence, and rest assured that I will be active in every section of this board to push this project through this lull in activity.

Before I do so, however, I would like to extend my thanks to several members who have peaked my interest now that I have perused the posts from the past months.

Tsmuktengan, our brother from France - you have become a significant asset to the tribe! Your realistic ideas concerning cost and tribal publicity are just what we need. I can also see that you have a presence in other parts of the forum besides this one - keep up the good work!

Vakari, the life-partners - even whilst faced with the challenges of homelessness, you still find time to get on here. Your commitment does you credit, and I hope you will remain with us as we move towards the future!

ExLibrisMortis, the Hawaii expert - still you offer us with help and advice, particularly for Na'Vin Nosferatu, who has progressed his own plans to the extremes in the time I have been away. I wish you the best of luck - and ExLibrisMortis, thanks for the help, and I hope you stick around to steer us right from time to time!

And to all the rest of you who persisted where I could not, I thank you. I dreaded coming back to this page and finding a ghost ship...but everything has been kept in exact working order. This could be our darkest time, with so few of us remaining (just checked the most recent numbers poll - hopefully the numbers will improve!), but I am confident that if we can turn this situation around then we will have passed a great boundary. The next one...well, something close to accomplishing our objective would be nice!

Long story short, I am back - but I have you all to thank for it.

Tonbogiri

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Tsmuktengan

Irayo ma Tonbogiri. I attempt to do my best when I can to help and get this project going. It is not easy and takes time, but worths it.

At least the present people are really devoted and more likely to participate. We anyway need to prepare almost everything. So...

We also need you, Tonbogiri.  ;)

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Nice to see you around again, I'm worried that the turnover of members in this group is rather a problem still, though.
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on November 14, 2011, 11:36:48 AM
Nice to see you around again, I'm worried that the turnover of members in this group is rather a problem still, though.

As long as there are still some people, nothing prevents continuing planning. Some may come back, other may come, anyway nothing will get done without a good organization.

Tonbogiri

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on November 14, 2011, 12:00:13 PM
...nothing will get done without a good organization.

Correct, Tsmuktengan.

We can deal with a high turnover rate of members. All we need to do is make sure that we have a solid, up to date, easy to access source of information about the project - that way, any prospective or returning members can easily catch up with current discussions and plans.

Tsmuktengan, sorry to call on you once again - but you raised the issue of a new website in another thread. Tell me, would you be willing to help set up this new site? Using wordpress would mean we can avoid tricky programming issues, after all!
The other option is to provide suggestions for the current website, project-tribal.com. It does need updating, and lacks a blog page after all...

Tsmuktengan

I can help with Wordpress, although I have very few time for several months. I think this wuill help us save a lot of time for all of us.

Tonbogiri

To save time, we could simply transfer a lot of the text from the old website to the new one. That way, most of the writing for the more permanent pages (i.e. about us and how to join).

How about for now, bearing in mind the location discussions have once again reached that stage where only personally visiting the sites in question will make-or-break them as suggestions, we could make a change in focus towards recruitment.

Visit the new thread in suggestions: http://forum.learnnavi.org/tribe-ideas/recruitment-drive/

Let's get this show on the road once again...

Gabriel Rocha

"Wit beyond measure is the men's greatest treasure."

Tsmuktengan

I recall that we do need to continue searching possible reliable locations. I am still trying to look for information from time to time, especially for French Guiana as I offer (since most website and information seem to be in French, and experiences there are told often in French). If you have suggestions, please feel free to tell.