Hello!

Started by Catherss, July 12, 2012, 04:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherss

How, I'm not too sure about this whole thing. I absolutely LOVE the idea but I'd only be about to stay out for about three weeks. But that ain't too bad.

Name [on board]: Catherss
First name: Catherine
Skills: I've got a logical mind, though I don't have many skills. In the words of Mo'at, my cup is empty. Though, me and a friend once made a den completely with the stuff we found in the forest and returned to it two weeks later, and it was still standing!
Jobs you would like: Blacksmith or cook
Additional: I love to be in the woods, however I don't think I'd have the gut to be a hunter. I'm not squeamish or vegan but I just don't think I'd have it in me. I don't even like killing insects. Darn my thoughtful mind!

Also, if this thing did happen where's the funding coming from? Maybe we/you should have a...taster somewhere in the UK for  us Brits and somewhere in the US for the Americans. Scotland, or even Cumbria I think would be good for the UK.

Tsmuktengan

Hmm, there was something planned more or less with British people previously, but they have vanished. At least, they are currently busy.

Looking at your age, you are far too young for such a project. We cannot assume the responsibility for people below 18 or 23 depending on the territory. Sorry. You can still participate in the forums, but you'll have to wait a few years before actually being able to take part in such stuff, and for responsibility reasons.

Catherss

Thats's okay. I relised that I'd probably be at least 15 untill this thing starts and longer untill you allow young'uns. :)

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Catherss on July 13, 2012, 05:50:14 AM
Thats's okay. I relised that I'd probably be at least 15 untill this thing starts and longer untill you allow young'uns. :)

You might be right.  ;D

Catherss

Also, I has questions should this ever come into life...

1. What if someone breaks their leg? If we're in a country with no NHS...
2. Someone gets malaria?
3. Drought? Famine?
4. How to-nature are you REALLY going? Communications home? Maybe if summer people do come then they could bring letters from home :o
5. Lighting? Candles, but where from? You might need bee's!

That is all for now :)

WameuiaAnn

Non-the-less, your attitude :D sounds great as a gatherer, or cook :-\.... Im sure someone has to make sure that the cerimonial fire, placed nearly at the heart of the Home Tree, is bright and remains lit with fresh fire ;D. Im positive that even the Na'vi have cooks and chefs ;), people who know old recipes and still voice them in song or teach them to their younge  :P...  You are welcome here, I hope this message shows you so. Without further adu :), welcome with a open heart and open ears to LearnNa'vi.org!  8)

Nìmwey

Hello and welcome.

While the old topics are that - old - and many members in them are not here anymore, many of them are still relevant and all of them are a wealth of information. I suggest you read as many as you can and them come back with any questions you haven't gotten answered. ;)

Catherss

Okay, I've looked around and these questions I feel haven't been answered...

3. Drought? Famine?

5. Lighting? Candles, but where from? You might need bee's!

Äteya

Hi  :)  It's nice to see a new person in the tribe.
I don't think we'll need a blacksmith, cause we won't have metal. Something a bit similar you might want to try could be flintknaping and construction(stuff like building your den).
I know what you mean about killing, I'm the same way.
3. Drought and famine would be hard to predict but we could try to have enough food(smoked and dried food, that sort of thing) stored up to survive and we can make sure that the land we buy has a good water source.  
5. Fire and torches(if we can learn how to make torches). Actually we really need to figure out how to make torches cause sadly I don't know of any bio-luminescent land.  :(

Catherss

Yeah, there is lack of bio-luminescents around.

Torches can't be too hard, wood, rags and oil?

Also CONSTRUCTION! :D But after everything settled down what would need constructing? New weapons? Clothes?

Tsmuktengan

The idea is also to not be too far of a town or city where some ressources could be bought if necessary and for safety reasons.

Äteya

Clothes and weapons aren't exactly construction. More like weaving and flintknapping and what ever the art of making bows is called.  But we will probably need to repair the buildings cause they won't last forever.     

Catherss

That's true...

Also, people would need to be trained in First Aid, and a First Aid box would be needed.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

It sounds that camping experience is needed.
What about Girl Guides?  Scouting began in England.
There should be camping group for youngsters.
Learn skills like leather crafting and macrame.

And btw, congrats on your long lived camp shelter!

I hope you and your friend can camp together often.

Hiyalovay
Ateyo te Syaksyuk

Tsmuktengan

For Americans, I guess you can have a look at this, it offers the possibility to train, acquire the notions and see if you really like this before the project begins : http://trackerspdx.com/index.php

Catherss

Something I should have mentioned, I did woodwork classes with my primary school. We felled trees, made a willow-hut-thing and made a mallet, plus some kind of wooden cup thing by burning out the inside. We also camped out in the school's playing field and went canoeing. That was really fun. 

Also with camping with my friend... he's so clumsy and a lal stupid when it comes to common sense I wouldn't be surprised it he set fire to the tent.

Without matches.

Tsmuktengan

I could not reply previously due to my exams and other stuff.

Your skills with wood can be indeed very interesting and useful,  even if the project would be more than simple camping.  :)