Not that there are many introductions here..

Started by tirea kaya'evengä, April 29, 2010, 06:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tirea kaya'evengä

But I'm gonna go ahead and do it anyway, mainly because I don't know where else to post this.
I'd be pretty interested in this, as I've always talked to my friends about 'Dude, it'd be so cool if I could live like this. I don't like how humans live.' etc etc. So, this is a cool opportunity to take part in. Although, I'm not sure how far it would work out in the Real World, but seeing as there are eco-villages and stuff around I'm sure with hard-work and dedication it could be achieved.

About me, if anyone's interested... I have many English names, but I have no Na'vi name as of yet. I'm 18 years old, I live in London with my mum -.-. I label myself as genderqueer (which in relation to me means that I believe I'm both male and female, or at time I have No Gender.). I'm also Panromantic/Pansexual, which means that I'm attracted to people regardless of gender. So in short, yes I am that Queer little kid who runs around trying to educate everyone on LGBTQ issues :)

As I said before I haven't got a Na'vi name yet, and I'm a huge n00b right now as I only joined the site yesterday  :) so be nice.
If only you could see me yesterday, who I used to be before the change
You'd see a broken heart, you'd see the battle scars...

Funny how words can't explain, how good it finally feels to break the chains
I'm not what I have done
I'm what I've overcome

Levrrtepa Menari

Quote from: Tazius-Saoirse on April 29, 2010, 06:27:43 AM
*snip*
So in short, yes I am that Queer little kid who runs around trying to educate everyone on LGBTQ issues :)
*snip*

I was just thinking about this last night! I think it's probably one of the things that everyone's thought about, but no one's gotten around to actually posting about how we would deal with queer issues.
I'm just thinking issues like homophobia and personal relations.
But that's just me.  :)

Fnua Atxkxe

We have actualy dealt with this, there ard two gay tribe members *waves, haider* so we are not excluding anyone ^_^ welcome to the tribe anyway ma 'eylan, there are not many introductions as this is a fairly new concept :)
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Ikranä mokri

unfortunately I am homophobic (although before you judge me, u dont know my past, so dont)

I know both gays on here very well and (i hope) we are pretty good friends.

and earlier we decided that if you wanna be gay then its fine no one will judge you, what you behind closed doors in none of anyone's concern but yours.

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

tirea kaya'evengä

Just to point out that there's more to the LGBTQ world than just being "gay".  And it's not as easy as "if you want to be gay" sexuality is NOT A CHOICE.
And yeah. Whatever. Alls I'm gonna say now is that I'm not getting involved in anything if I'm going to be judged for who I am and told to keep it behind "closed doors". No way.

I'm not what I have done
I'm what I've overcome

Fnua Atxkxe

Nobody is saying it is a choice, no-one is judging you and no-one is saying you have to hide it. Ikrana has not expressed himself perfectly here and I feel inclined to put up a bit of a defence for him. I know what he is refering to and while it does not justify a judgement on such a large 'group' of people, it is an understandable position. What I mean is that although I don't agree that it is a fair position to take, I can understand WHY it caused his position. Now, as to this forum and more specificaly the tribe board, I have found the people on here to be the most accepting and friendly community I have ever known, there is a thread called truth and honesty, you may want to read that, as well as the other thread where homosexuality was discussed (the name escapes me atm and I am having to post from my phone and can't search for it atm). I think that your reaction has been a little harsh and I have no negative things to say about anyone (including ikrana) on here regarding thiss matter. Gaia ngahu ma smuke

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

tirea kaya'evengä

Thanks, I honestly didn't mean for it to come across as harsh. Just as I'm part of a website called the Queer Youth Network (QYN) I do a lot of activism work and stuff, so on top of that I have a similar kind of 'keep it behind closed doors' attitude brought on me by my family, so I don't usually react well to people getting the wrong idea or telling me I have to do something a certain way just because I'm not straight.

I did read the truth and honesty thread and it was great. It makes me feel a little bit more at ease. I do feel bad about my reaction, and I make no excuses. I guess I feel a little nervy because I don't really know anyone on this site and because of Lifestuff it makes me more inclined to react aggressively. So I do apologise.

I'm not what I have done
I'm what I've overcome

Ikranä mokri

Fnua is right I have worded what i meant to say incorrectly.

There are (were) circumstances in my past which have given me a bad impression of homosexuals which has led to me being very untrusting of people who I know to be gay.

as for "behind closed doors" It is a figure of speech for your private space. I never said that you had to keep your sexuality to yourself. (don't judge me and what I say just because im a homophobe). I was saying that whatever you choose to do in your private space no one (not even me) will judge you for it

I hope that I have made myself a little clearer and remeber teh great quote from Shrek "Dont judge people before you get to know them"

Nanaki

Welcome ma tsmukan, you can be who you want to be, that's fine ... well ... not a serial killer ! ;D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

tirea kaya'evengä

Ikranä mokri : I wasn't judging you at all. But you keep making a reinforcement that I'm straight away going to judge you. I'm not that type of person at all. And I'm really sorry about whatever happened to you. It's such a shame because honestly we're really nice peoples, a little weird sometimes, but weird is cooler than being normal anyway  :)

Nanaki: Awh damn..that's my plan blown then  8)

I'm not what I have done
I'm what I've overcome

Ikranä mokri

my bad, im sorry your post sounded kinda judging to me. Im a bit defensive to with pretty much all people, not many people have ever really got close to me. again i am sorry

Fnua Atxkxe

I understand the problems with lifestuff, my dad himself was not.... exactly supportive and it has caused a few major crises which some on here will know of what I refer to. but anyway, yeah, just relax, everyone on here is really great, you will find no problems here :)

sezawte

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 29, 2010, 11:07:56 AM
I understand the problems with lifestuff, my dad himself was not.... exactly supportive and it has caused a few major crises which some on here will know of what I refer to. but anyway, yeah, just relax, everyone on here is really great, you will find no problems here :)

Yup...

Welcome to the tribe by the way, and in case you're wondering I'm the other gay
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Nanaki

If you are three, it's going to be a problem for you ... ::) ;D *joke*

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...

sezawte

Errm... Fnua and i are already in a committed relationship... that's a bit... well
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Nanaki

sezawte

Fnua Atxkxe

Yeah, that would be a bit rude ::)  ;) and yes, TY

tirea kaya'evengä

Lol we are three?  ???

And if you meant what I think you mean, then assuming the other two are gay males, then no worries cos I like GIRLS  :) nom... apart from Taylor Lautner who is The Only Exception. *drools*

I'm not what I have done
I'm what I've overcome

Nanaki

well, you're bi :) It's upping your chance to have someone in your life ;D