Post your profile here! [perm tribe, US only]

Started by Hawnu UnilTxep, January 17, 2010, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Atan'ite on February 08, 2010, 05:11:33 PM
I can't even imagine my life without Avatar now, without knowing you guys!

I can't believe and don't understand why I waited so long to watch Avatar and could only see it once since it's no playing anymore. totally skxawng.

Someday it will pass. But at that time, it will be because you will not be able to imagine your life with the virtual "us" as you run through the wood with your new friends ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

kharvilak

Quote from: Atan'ite on February 08, 2010, 05:11:33 PM
I can't even imagine my life without Avatar now, without knowing you guys!

I can't believe and don't understand why I waited so long to watch Avatar and could only see it once since it's no playing anymore. totally skxawng.

Same here, though I did see Avatar on opening night in the theater :)  I'd been keeping up with the release date for months in advance and watching the trailer over and over again thinking, "This is gonna be one EPIC movie!"  And I was not disappointed in the least.  I even swiped my son's Avatar happy meal toys and claimed them as "collectibles" :P

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Atan'ite on February 08, 2010, 12:15:13 PM
Skills:  My skills are kinda useless to the tribe I guess, like drawing  ;D.

We will need a keeper of records, someone who will store our trials and tribulations for future generations, in the form of music, or in your case, art :)

Art is not useless. Art is the key to us residing in the memory of others. Your skills will be invaluable. :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Tsyeymzi

Name [on board]: Kuntulyu
First name: James
Skills: Well... Most of my skills are computer/IT based, so that is entirely useless. However, I do hunt, with guns though, but I'm sure I could adapt to bows. My brain is also very practical, give me an exam and I'll fail, put me in an actual situation and I shall prevail with flying colours. (I.e. problem solving)
Jobs you would like: Hunting and Problem-Solving (or possibly the scientist of the group if you want to go down that path)
Additional: Short-sighted unfortunately. So I guess I'd just be killed off as a Na'vi... But whilst I'm in the magical realm of pretending I can afford this, I'll just get corrective surgery and be done with it! In case you didn't get that: I have NO IDEA how I'm going to afford to do any of this, if I decide to do this. Nevertheless, sign me up.
- The Signature is a Lie -

'Itan Atxur

I wouldn't worry too much about the cost at the moment. I'm pretty sure most of our expenses will be taken care of as a group. Hopefully there will be enough of us with cash to help out those (who are serious about this) w/o cash :D

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 10, 2010, 06:36:26 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the cost at the moment. I'm pretty sure most of our expenses will be taken care of as a group. Hopefully there will be enough of us with cash to help out those (who are serious about this) w/o cash :D

That would be awesome. But *if* that was a possibility, I'd feel bad accepting any sort of amount of money from anyone. Not to mention it then creates the whole "IOU" thing.

The other problem that then arises is, plenty of us may be serious about this and may truly want to do it. But after a week, might just want to go home (it is inevitable for some people). We need to come up with a sort of test, like perhaps a sort of guide to having your OWN camping trip with yourself (or family or friends) that is laid out in a particular way, to give people an idea, without going to the monetary extent.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Kuntulyu on February 10, 2010, 06:32:55 PM
Additional: Short-sighted unfortunately. So I guess I'd just be killed off as a Na'vi... But whilst I'm in the magical realm of pretending I can afford this, I'll just get corrective surgery and be done with it! In case you didn't get that: I have NO IDEA how I'm going to afford to do any of this, if I decide to do this. Nevertheless, sign me up.

I am short sighted too. Can always do the same as I plan to do and get laser surgery.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Atan'eveng

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on February 09, 2010, 06:05:02 AM
Quote from: Atan'ite on February 08, 2010, 12:15:13 PM
Skills:  My skills are kinda useless to the tribe I guess, like drawing  ;D.

We will need a keeper of records, someone who will store our trials and tribulations for future generations, in the form of music, or in your case, art :)

Art is not useless. Art is the key to us residing in the memory of others. Your skills will be invaluable. :D

irayo! I feel better now  ;D
Oel ngati kameie ma [you]

d5ive

Name (on board): d5ive
First Name: James
Skills: Dead shot, good at anything that shoots stuff, archery, guns, etc. I have an extensive range of IT skills, web programming, 3d modeling, photshop. Have always wanted to teach something so possibly teaching archery etc would be awesome. I am also an excellent builder, I love to do stuff with my hands, am into Radio controlled helicopters and cars (not that you would have that out there)
Additional: I am not yet out of school and may be doing an engineering degree, its really too soon to tell what is going to happen in my life, but I have always dreamed of living/doing something outdoors-y so keep me in touch.

Kuntulyu I see you are almost exactly the same as me :P

Cheers,
D
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

'Itan Atxur

Lol. I am SO bringing my T-Maxx and Revo (jk)!!

But yeah, welcome to the tribe!!

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 11, 2010, 09:36:07 AM
Lol. I am SO bringing my T-Maxx and Revo (jk)!!

But yeah, welcome to the tribe!!

I shall bring my Baja then :)

What is this Tawtute technology you call "Radio"?

Omatikaya'itan

im going to bring a Bell UH-1 huey if i can buy one soon (by the way last night i had one heck of a lucid dream but the only thing avatar realated in it was the Samson and i was flying it the wierdest part was the samson had a collective like todays helicopters but in the movie i did not see one when trudy was flying)

d5ive

He he he good to see some other RC-ers on here!

Seriously though that is one issue with the plan, giving up all the things you have come to love doing, althought I would still do it.

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ikranä mokri

about giving things up.. if you come and your bored, tehn your not working hard enough and your not contributing to the group effort. and the thigns we have come to love are the things that deep down we really all hate. last week (before i Broke my arm) i lobbed my TV through my window becuase i realiseed that i hated it that much. after that i had to go outside and clear up the mess but then I went on a run and all seemed ok

you just have to think that the goods control you in a way. the advertising makes you want to buy that product but do you really need it? all we need to survive is food, water oxygen and exercise, everythign else is a luxery which millions of years ago we didnt need

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

d5ive

Quote from: Twonyu Ikranä on February 12, 2010, 02:40:12 AM
about giving things up.. if you come and your bored, tehn your not working hard enough and your not contributing to the group effort. and the thigns we have come to love are the things that deep down we really all hate. last week (before i Broke my arm) i lobbed my TV through my window becuase i realiseed that i hated it that much. after that i had to go outside and clear up the mess but then I went on a run and all seemed ok

you just have to think that the goods control you in a way. the advertising makes you want to buy that product but do you really need it? all we need to survive is food, water oxygen and exercise, everythign else is a luxery which millions of years ago we didnt need

I totaly agree with you, its just that a lot of people settle into their routines and get so comfortable in them, when they do come out into the wild all of a sudden they are scared and hate it. I have seen it happen on school camps where people spend their whole time sitting around waiting for the end to come.

Ikranä mokri

yeah but i have a routine but its the same thing day after day after day and its boring. it a waste of life. I realised that i have wasted 17 years of my life doing somethign so ultimately boring it made me bored 24/7 which made me buy thigns like my X-Box which to start with was good it defeated boredom but then it got boring.

the tribe would be different everyday which allot of activity, building, all sorts of stuff and i think that it would keep people from thinking of what they have left behind

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

d5ive

I feel the same way, trapped in the system that is our society, school, university, work, die. I got into PC gaming and found that after a while each new game lasted about 2 days before I stopped playing.

I found this a very inspiring video maybe the wrong place for it but still it is certainly important to what we are talking about, follow your dreams:
Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

'Itan Atxur

If there's one thing I'm COMPLETELY addicted to, it's my X-box. The fact that I'm completely willing to give it us proves to me that I'm totally committed to this.

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 12, 2010, 05:57:46 AM
If there's one thing I'm COMPLETELY addicted to, it's my X-box. The fact that I'm completely willing to give it us proves to me that I'm totally committed to this.

Until then: Xbox Live Gamertag please :D

I need a Na'vi Xbox Friend. Add me: Upset Goldfish

:D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Tutean-tìhawnu

Can add you as soon as I can persuade my 'box to work again :-[ taking it for repair later today
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)