Yes (Im doing well)
13 (38.2%)
Nope (Im not good at it)
5 (14.7%)
Nope (I never tried it before)
12 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 34

guest2859

We should implement swords if the bow thing doesn't work.

Txon Taronyu

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

sezawte

Quote from: txureyktan on April 18, 2010, 12:08:38 PM
Im insane with a bow infact heres a picture of it
I have gotten 3 deer with this baby and 2 with my other bow  ;D

Niicceee!!! ;D
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

guest2859

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on April 18, 2010, 12:48:45 PM
Swords?  ???

Or we can just have the traditional dagger around incase the arrows disappear.

Txon Taronyu

what about a spear or sling
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Ikranä mokri

if were gonna talk about weapons please create another thread. but whilst were on the subject, bows (self bows i think would be better) spears, knives (i dunno bout slings cause i got a slingshot which is actually quite good, if inaccurate) but axes (save for working axes) swords, guns crosbows etc i dont think should be brought (if you really want to bring weapons bring a quaterstave)

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

sezawte

Yeah don't forget that axes are probably going to be necessary for cutting down larger trees (if that turns out to be necessary)
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Fnua Atxkxe

Well I'm a complete amateur at shooting with the bow, tried it a few times but no major instruction, something I definitely intend to change over the course of the next few years though  :D
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Txon Taronyu

I was not talking about slingshots I was talking about slings (they can fire stones as almost as fast as bullets)

why would we need a quaterstave

Fnua Atxkxe

I wish I had the opertunity to practice archery around here so that I could improve my archery skill, it is something I sorely need to do pre-tribe, definitely something I'm going to have to work on in the near future.

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

guest2859

If my bow works, I'll put up details. But I need to get on running this summer as a priority. (Maybe so I can be Na'vi during the march...!)

Fnua Atxkxe

I'm looking into getting my own bow, nothing fancy though  :D

guest2859

I'll just by one if making one's an epic fail.

Fnua Atxkxe

I could have a go at learning the skills to make one actually, that would be a useful skill for the tribe, very fulfilling as well, although I think I could expect a few abject failures in the beginning ::)

Txuraeyktan

this one cost about $500(us) and with all the stuff i put into a lot more.
(also in other news im going squirrel hunting with my bow. just to see what would happen.)
and to all you people out there saying aww how sad. yes hunting is sad and most people are not able to handle the emotional factor from it. but it is necesary to survive. it takes practice and you don't just magicly get something your first try. dont for get in the wild- its survival of the fittest.
archery overall takes years of practice. i started with a bow 5 years ago when i was 9. Its still very rare for me to hit a target from about 80 yards and thats with a 80lbs drawback which is extremly heavy. its also alot about cauculations and conversions. for example:
If you are standing 50 yards away from a target and there is a 8mph wind in the eastern direction with a 45 lbs drawback how would you angle yourself and ext.
post your awnser and i will eventually tell you.
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

Letxuma Swizaw

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 18, 2010, 03:14:51 PM
Well I'm a complete amateur at shooting with the bow, tried it a few times but no major instruction, something I definitely intend to change over the course of the next few years though  :D

You need at least one person who actually knows what they are doing if you're gonna do this. Because it would suck to spend weeks on learning a bad shooting habit without knowing it's bad until you'll have to train it out of your system. You just need someone to show you proper form and from there self practice will probably do. Archery depends heavily on your form.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Swokéyan

Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on April 18, 2010, 08:28:04 PM
Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 18, 2010, 03:14:51 PM

You need at least one person who actually knows what they are doing if you're gonna do this. Because it would suck to spend weeks on learning a bad shooting habit without knowing it's bad until you'll have to train it out of your system. You just need someone to show you proper form and from there self practice will probably do. Archery depends heavily on your form.

Totally agreed!
And by the way, does this post means you are back, or dont you know yet? ;D
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Fnua Atxkxe

I hope so, there are far too many people absent at the moment :P

Tutean-tìhawnu

I at least used to be a fairly decent shot, but that was a couple of years ago. Need to get a new bow and some new arrows before I can get going again (everything is too small for me now...)
Kìyevame ma aytsmuktu, Eywa ngahu

Letxuma Swizaw

I'm back post-wise but i still don't know about going. I probably will because my newest love-interest just dropped me for having pretty much all of the social traits that women find unattractive.
Oe Skxawnghu längu.

Kìrìstìyä tìpe'unri a kifkeyit kelor kawngsì tsere'a, tsafpìlfya kifkeyit tsafya txolängula.

Join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)