I'm so sick of the "real world"

Started by 'Itan Atxur, May 15, 2010, 01:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsteu'itan

I have to admit;  the BP oil spill has disgusted me and saddened me more then anything I've ever seen, I think, when it comes to the environmental crisis.  I'm one of those skeptics when it comes to the "global warming" buzz.  I want to be shown more refutable evidence, and have the opposing scientists be able to give their side of the story - because they do exist - so that all of the evidence can be weighed equally.  In growing up, I taught myself Paleontology and fully intended to become a paleontologist professionally once I got into college.  All the math involved knocked that out the window once I started, and 2 years into college I changed to an art major, but I still look at things from the eyes of someone who studied the science her whole life.  The Earth has been through massive ecological changes in all of it's billions of years of existence.  It's been through massive extinctions and huge climate changes and every time, it looked like it was "OMG, THE-END!" but then after a few thousand years, things started perking back up, and changing, and after millions of years, we would have a new Era.  So for a long time, I didn't think we could outright just blatantly destroy everything on the planet.  I thought "Dammit, stop fear mongering!  It'll just heal itself once it wipes us off the map and starts over again!"

I suppose that's a horrible way to look at it, and rather fatalistic about humanity, but I'm rather disenchanted about human beings in general.  And I feel that we're adaptable enough that we can change to suit whatever happens with the Earth.  Blazing, horrible heat?  Oh noes!  We'll put up some sort of shielding systems to block out the UV rays, or all develop darker skin as a race to fight the melanoma.  Another Ice Age?  We'll create heating systems on a broad scale, or start wearing a whole lot more parkas.  Drought?  We'll find a way of producing water-conserving foods.  Floods?  We'll find a way of becoming a seafaring race.  We'll make it through.

But then I saw the BP oil slick, and saw how very much oil it was putting out, and how it was never-ending (even now, the cap hasn't worked, dammit!) And I saw how the company isn't doing what it should, and is letting those who have suffered from the leak go hungry and starve and lose jobs and homes and other things.  And it made me sick at my heart.  I was actually afraid for the first time that humans could truly and honestly screw up Mother Earth so badly that she had finally decided to spew her rage out on us and find her own ways of getting rid of us.  The fact that some people are saying there's a risk of methane leaking into the atmosphere on a massive scale and creating an explosion or something just reinforces that belief.

Seriously...It reminded me of Eywa bringing the animals of Pandora out en masse to destroy the humans when I saw it.  Instead of me and my sister saying "Eywa says F-YOU!  >8D" like we joked when we saw Avatar, I felt like I was seeing "Gaia says F-YOU!  >8<"  I'm not even someone who "believes" in the Gaia entity, but yeah...this whole ordeal has made me sit and wish we could appease her, 'cause she looks like she's really, really pissed at us...

guest2859

BP had the cap the whole time, just wanted to make a big deal of it.

Plus, the true Avatar fan will watch the movie, come back to reality, and hate it before anything is said. So, congrats, we have a non-existant family :D

'Ì'awn Menari

mawe, mawe ma tsmukan *hugs Txur*  it was just an 'eveng.  yes it is a rude and stupid question but they're like what?  5?  they don't know what and what not to ask just yet.  they can't comprehend it yet.  or, yes it's the parents...but any who...rutxe tam tam? 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Quote from: Txur Nìftxavang on July 23, 2010, 06:05:05 PM
yes I am sick of it, and todays society.
Mllte, today's society for large parts is messed up in scary ways, and the reasons are plentiful and interconnected.

The way progress is pushed onwards at an ever increasing pace is frightening, and everyone is made to believe that they have to keep up. The sad thing is that most people eat it up, and I don't see why. There is no "otherwise" stated, no horrible thing that will happen to you when you fall behind or fail to keep up.

I feel that the "otherwise" contains a large dose of "you might be relaxed and happy". A while ago I decided to leave the rat-race and all the running behind me. Or in front of me, as the world keeps going at its bizarre pace. That way I can see where it goes and decide in my own time if I want to follow.

Friends sometimes ask me if I don't want to be a part of this world. Well, I am a part of it, but I chose my own points of connection and I omit what I don't like. They call it escapism and when I agree with them they give me funny looks. (They are right, from within their own framework of looking at things.) I call it freedom, and I am right too. It is up to everyone to make the choice of staying in the herd of speeding sheep, or abandoning this ship of fools and enjoying life, walks, music, nature, Eywah.

Before someone kicks the soapbox from underneath me, I will end with this saying I once found:

"Did you ever meet a 'normal' person? And... how was that?"
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I'm not sure you can say that anything is good or bad with any real certainty, but there must be a better way of doing things than the 'civilised' way of life. I've thought about the current state of the world quite a lot, and the best scenario I could imagine was running away. Sadly this is now only fully possible with a large spacecraft. :( This is part of the motivation for being involved in this project, combined with a feeling that I don't understand or appreciate nature anywhere as much I should, so I'm trying to learn about a more natural way.

Eywa ngahu, ma eylan!
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Tsteu'itan

Most of my disenchantment comes from my hatred of "corporate America" ways of life.  I hate that these huge, malicious, money-hungry organizations have such control of our lives.  The big companies that don't act like complete and utter a**holes to the normal people in the world don't bother me, but more and more of the biggest companies are becoming greedy, and treating their workers and everyone around them as if they're slaves and worthless pieces of flesh.  I've worked in call centers for most of my working career.  The things I've seen there, and the treatment I've seen the organizations give their employees, have made me pretty jaded to all of it.  I wish it could all go away, and be replaced by more small businesses.

I eventually want to save up enough money to open up a bookstore/doll shop.  I've had dreams of owning either a library or a bookstore ever since I was a child, and it always makes me wake up and feel so happy!  So I figure "Why not make it a reality?"  And I'm in the process of starting my own line of resin Ball Jointed Dolls that I would love to start selling.  I know that as a small-business-owner, I'll set my own schedule, and I won't have to worry about "the man" coming down and snapping at me for breaking some obscure, pointless rule that only stresses the employees and forces them to do things they know will regret later on.

Now, if only our government would get off it's rear end and get that universal health care that all the other Industrialized nations have so that I won't have to worry about how to insure myself when I am a small business owner, I won't have anything else to worry about.

Other then, you know, finding a way to stay in business, with all the big, corporate bookstores I'll have to compete with... :'(

Puvomun

Quote from: Tsteu'itan on July 24, 2010, 01:39:49 PM
I've worked in call centers for most of my working career.  The things I've seen there, and the treatment I've seen the organizations give their employees, have made me pretty jaded to all of it.  I wish it could all go away, and be replaced by more small businesses.

I have worked for a large company, and I have seen some pretty appalling things there as well... 9-month reorganisations with so much stress that colleagues were taken to hospital with heart problems, for one. That is nerve-grating.

Quote from: Tsteu'itan
Other then, you know, finding a way to stay in business, with all the big, corporate bookstores I'll have to compete with... :'(

Aye, there is that. But if you have a product that is special, that no one sells and many people want, you stand a chance. Good luck, I really wish for you to make your dream work. I had my own company also, and when that works, there is nothing more rewarding than such a life. (When your business partner after 6 years then decides it is cool to empty the bank account and disappear, leaving you with the work, mortgages, demanding customers who already paid most of their stuff and the other crap, that is the end of that though... :( )

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tsteu'itan

Quote from: Puvomun on July 24, 2010, 02:57:50 PM
I have worked for a large company, and I have seen some pretty appalling things there as well... 9-month reorganisations with so much stress that colleagues were taken to hospital with heart problems, for one. That is nerve-grating.

Aye, there is that. But if you have a product that is special, that no one sells and many people want, you stand a chance. Good luck, I really wish for you to make your dream work. I had my own company also, and when that works, there is nothing more rewarding than such a life. (When your business partner after 6 years then decides it is cool to empty the bank account and disappear, leaving you with the work, mortgages, demanding customers who already paid most of their stuff and the other crap, that is the end of that though... :( )

Ah, stress-related illness.  :/  I've had my share of that.  My first call center job was so hellish that I had a nervous break down.  The one I have now was so stressful recently that I had stress-related eczema.  I didn't even know that existed!  D8;;;

And yeah, I would love to be able to have my own store.  Sure, it may make it hard to make the bills sometimes if business is slow, but you're in charge of your own life.  And that's just the way I like it.  I don't like being someone else's pawn.  v_v  I'm sorry to hear what happened with your own business!  D8  Maybe someday you'll be able to start over.  I always hear about horrible things like that.  That's why I really only plan on having my family be associated with it, and my girlfriend.

ETA:  *sighs*  Looking on real-estate websites for a house for my family to move makes me really sad, too.  It's all cleared land with no water and lots of houses, and super tiny plots.

I know for a fact, when I decide to move away from home, so to speak, I'm going to find someplace with LOTS of land, with lots of deciduous trees, and a creek to build a house on.  Probably a pretty small house, too.  v_v  I'm just so tired of all of this.  :\

NaviFreedomFighter

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 15, 2010, 05:15:33 AM
Im bored of the "real world". For me everday is the same,

I get up,
wished I had vacation,
going to school,
at school thinking about Avatar,
school over,
back home, thinking: "Tomorrow I've got school again...",
around 11 pm I go to sleep
and when I wake up it starts all over again.

And the weekends go by to fast. Im just bored, everyday the same, Im getting sick of it
I hear you man my life's exactly the same and im so over it  :( I wish I could just get away.........
Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on August 02, 2010, 02:00:44 AM
Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 15, 2010, 05:15:33 AM
Im bored of the "real world". For me everday is the same,

I get up,
wished I had vacation,
going to school,
at school thinking about Avatar,
school over,
back home, thinking: "Tomorrow I've got school again...",
around 11 pm I go to sleep
and when I wake up it starts all over again.

And the weekends go by to fast. Im just bored, everyday the same, Im getting sick of it
I hear you man my life's exactly the same and im so over it  :( I wish I could just get away.........

that about sums it up.   there were days i just wanted to enter the movie, books, games and never come out.  hell i wanted to be in my writing rather than here...
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on August 02, 2010, 10:37:09 AM
Quote from: NaviFreedomFighter on August 02, 2010, 02:00:44 AM
that about sums it up.   there were days i just wanted to enter the movie, books, games and never come out.  hell i wanted to be in my writing rather than here...
I know I speak with the voice of the old people. Everyone (except people who die too young) has that problem. When I was in school, 35 to 40 years ago (oh gods...), everyone's day looked the same as well. And there was no Internet to jump onto. There were no computers to play, no game-consoles to lose yourself into. Yes, there were, as there are now, movies and books. Or going out and hanging out with friends, for the people who were so inclined.

I think that stuff like that never changes.

Look at most people who work. They get up, they eat breakfast (or something, or not) and they go to their work. They come home, eat, watch some TV and they go to sleep again. Not much difference from school-life, I think.
The important bit is what you do with the time you have to spend.

You can go online and complain about a lot of things in your life. Sure. Good way to spend your time. ???

You can also go online and do something constructive. Exchange thoughts with the kind of people you like (like the ones that learn Na'vi), learn good things (like speaking Na'vi).

Running away from what bothers you is not going to make it go away, trust me. It will patiently wait for you, and grow, ready to overtake you when you come out again.

Grab it by the nose while it is still small and easy to defeat. Decide what you want to do and go for it.

Having said all that, I am also / still sick of the "real world". The world that has become the reality of far too many ayskxawng. And I am doing as much as I can to change that.

And now, dear aysmuk, feel free to ignore me.

(I already felt the urge to write this this/my morning, but I held back. I still feel the same now, in my early evening, so I wrote it. Eywa ngahu.)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Tsteu'itan

I have to agree with 'Ì'awn Menari, at the risk of sounding like another one of those old people.  Everyone goes through that.  I went through that when I was going through High School.  Wanted to disappear from the world and make it all go away.

You've probably heard it a million times already, but it will eventually feel better.  The Teenage and early Adult years are the worst emotionally because of the changes you're going through, and everyone feels like they've hit rock bottom.  True, some people feel the same way when they reach adulthood, but those are mostly caused by clinical depression that can be treated in different ways.  So don't despair, just give your life some time and you'll feel better before you know it.  And in a few years, you'll look back on these days when you hear people as young to you as you are to me now and realize that you felt the same way, but you feel better now, and that you too know the future looks a lot better for those who are feeling so unhappy.

There will always be hard things in life, of course.  You can't get rid of those completely.  But you will definitely find it easier to deal with them and overcome them and enjoy your life with time.

NaviFreedomFighter

Oel Ngati Kame (I See You) Its not just i'm seeing you in front of me its I see into your soul and understand you
My Na'vi Name is Ka'apeha
Tokx tsa'u uniltìranyu Slä my Ronsem si tirea na'vi
(I have the body of a dreamwalker, but my mind and spirit are Na'vi)

Away from November 3-15th (Final exams)

Kxamtxon Tsamsiyu

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 15, 2010, 01:39:26 AM
Does anybody else find it ironic how FAKE the real world is? I simply can't deal with all the trash and corruption that shows it's head at every level. This tribe seriously needs to work or I actually am gonna lose my mind and not like in the "all my friends think I'm crazy" topic. Why the hell was I born during this time period? Why couldnt I be born back before it was to late? People talk about this point ofno return when humanity will reach a point where it'll destroy itself. Well you know what? I'm pretty sure we passed it WELL before I was born.

I can't tell you guys how much I hate myself for not being here and contributing every day.

I agree with you on all levels ma tsmukan. It really makes me think about the world we live in today. When I was watching Avatar for the first time, I kept thinking how much better our world would look, without all the pollution and such, maybe it would look as beautiful as the world of Pandora.. I was really sad that are world couldn't be like that of the beautiful climate in the film. As said in an previous post, the BP oil spill was an horrific event, something that I could barely watch. It destroyed so much, life and climate alike. This group has a lot of potential and I hope it works out. The seed (the idea) has already been planted. Now if we can just nurture it  and allow it to take shape, soon it will blossom, into something beyond our imagination. @}---

"First it was just orders, then everything changed.." ~Jake Sully
Neytiri & Jake

'Itan Atxur

My biggest fear is that I'll learn to accept this world the way it is.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on August 07, 2010, 09:37:35 PM
Stick with us, ma tsmukan, we'll keep your eyes open and your mind clear.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Itan Atxur

I thought for sure my interest in this project would be gone at this point but it's as strong as ever.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tonbogiri

old gallery link?id=2051[/img]

Na'viru san LearnNaviyä sìk oel olo'txepit nerekx siveiyi talun
    lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpong...

Hufwe ta'em

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on August 07, 2010, 09:37:35 PM
If you can accept the word of materialist and money and corruption of this world you are in the good way :)