Leaving Things Behind

Started by Tsyeymzi, February 13, 2010, 02:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on February 21, 2010, 10:30:23 PM
Quote from: Letxuma Swizaw on February 21, 2010, 10:27:28 PM
umm.... why do we even need shoes?

Because I would rather not fall onto a stick in the ground and have my foot impaled ^_^;

Check out the new thread I just made in the Sticky topics

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Have you seen the crazy calluses that some people have? Only if they fall onto a piece of glass will their foot be penetrated.

IMO, if you're outside enough, you don't need shoes. Besides, shoes are bad for you.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

Science has shown that wearing shoes is actully making bones weaker.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

Txontaw

Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE2 on February 22, 2010, 12:29:25 AM

It also gives you a bad running stance. (Or whatever that's called)
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Txontaw on February 22, 2010, 12:39:53 AM
Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE2 on February 22, 2010, 12:29:25 AM

It also gives you a bad running stance. (Or whatever that's called)

I've been practicing quite a bit w/o shoes as of late. I've actually realized now that I'm focusing on this more, that I really didn't use shoes in any situation that didn't absolutely require them that much.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eywayä lì'u

i've pretty much gone my life without shoes, im 15 nowm and I've never really seen the point. I've had a nail driven straight through my foot like 3 times from running without looking but the point is that a shoe isn't gonna do much to protect from stuff like that, they only protect from stuff like small stones and the like, which really goes unnoticed with the right pair of leg ends! :)
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bagget00

Ah. but I still have to work which requires my shoes to have a load of ankle support because I am standing for about 9 hours.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: bagget00 on February 22, 2010, 04:15:53 PM
Ah. but I still have to work which requires my shoes to have a load of ankle support because I am standing for about 9 hours.

Same here. There's still a few minor things you can practice at work though.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eywayä lì'u

oh yeah, I wear shoes to school but that's about it really, damn shoes! so uncomfortable and restricting!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Txontaw

Yeah. I'm getting parkour shoes, but that's only for the stuff that's kind of hard to do with bare feet unless you're really good, like jumping ten feet off a roof.

Eywayä lì'u

yeah that's probably a good idea, but I've never been a fan of jumping off high roofs. I'm always afraid that if  I land wrong I could seriously injure myself.

Txontaw

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on February 22, 2010, 05:08:36 PM
yeah that's probably a good idea, but I've never been a fan of jumping off high roofs. I'm always afraid that if  I land wrong I could seriously injure myself.

Yeah. :)

Hence the 'unless you're really good part'.

And I would never jump onto concrete.

Eywayä lì'u

oh no i agree, but grass sure, depending on the height of the jump though obviously

guest2859

I would wrap my feet in deer skin, just because. Thought you can jump and go with the classic hill-roll.

Eywayä lì'u

its really the rolls that i suffer with, and because of this I will never be a good parkourist... sniff... :(

but regardless, we should seriously get back on topic

Txontaw

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on February 22, 2010, 05:41:16 PM
its really the rolls that i suffer with, and because of this I will never be a good parkourist... sniff... :(

but regardless, we should seriously get back on topic

Well, you could be a good parkourist anyway; just don't jump off of tall buildings.

guest2859

Okay, say we jump on this too quick and someone has a stroke -the MP3 player. Do we have people tone down beforehand?

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

true the only place i were shows is outside. at home i dont wear any at all, so i can build up their hardness. and it works too. i can barly feel anything when i rub my hand against my foot.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Ikranä mokri

all im leaving behind is my family mybe a gf (if i eva get one) and allot of bad memories

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Txontaw

Quote from: Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä} on February 23, 2010, 08:58:34 AM
true the only place i were shows is outside. at home i dont wear any at all, so i can build up their hardness. and it works too. i can barly feel anything when i rub my hand against my foot.

Doesn't that kind of defeat (no pun intended) the purpose of not wearing shoes? You don't get calluses from walking around your house.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

you have no idea what my mom makes me do for chores... :'(

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]