Leaving Things Behind

Started by Tsyeymzi, February 13, 2010, 02:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Quote from: MOUNTAINBANSHEE on February 14, 2010, 12:57:32 AM
How about no baths at all?Sorry if this is a bad idea but to be honest I this all the little parisites that trying to bath would do would always get there in the end and trying to keep clean would be a waste of time.Just thinking.

Yeah, we're taking all that into account, and we'll see what happens. It might be depending on the location.

And the water based parasites are mostly concentrated in Africa, so no real worries about them.

Quote from: bagget00 on February 14, 2010, 01:01:54 AM
Just bathe in the freezing river. People of old did it and we can do it again.

Yeah, it seems like people today keep forgetting that we've survived for thousands of years without any modern conveniences. All this stuff is just in the last 100 years.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

I think also that you are forgetting that over the span of human history, the only way that we have survived as long as we have was because of the 'modern conviniences' that you all seem to take for granted. I'm not saying that what you are saying is necessarily wrong, what I am saying is that perhaps you should take another look at what you are saying before you actually tell people.

We have to take baths, so that we don't get ringworm, parasites, and all of that sort of thing, and that water that we bathe in needs to be sanitary so that we can avoid the same problems. Boiling the water for us to take baths is an excellent idea, but we should learn to keep the water usage to a minimum. Perhaps even put in some sort of permanent bathing center so that we can have seperate quarters for guys and girls. Sanitation is key for an endeavor like this- we wouldn't want an epidemic to strike in such a close community.

Food for thought.

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

Yes hot water is nice and clean but I'm just saying, maybe a compromise could be in order. Have mostly cold dunks in the river but once a week or so, take a hot bath. Does that sound okay?
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

The old Uriuujìn

That is perfectly acceptable ^_^ so long as the water is sanitary.

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

correct, were not going to want to jump into a cold pool of water filled wioth garbage or one that smells bad. We would most likel;y want a flowing stream of some kind so that there would be less possibiltiy of bugs and bad water.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

The old Uriuujìn

Make sure that the drinking water we get is gathered from UPSTREAM, not downstream. Otherwise, we're drinking all of the water that we bathed in. Which would probably not be yummy in the slightest.

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

Also, we are going to want to cook the water before we drink it if we are in a forest, just to be on the safe side.

d5ive

Quote from: bagget00 on February 14, 2010, 02:24:06 AM
Also, we are going to want to cook the water before we drink it if we are in a forest, just to be on the safe side.

Also we need to find somewhere where the water isn't a funny colour. i.e. Tasmania's Rivers are mainly yellow brown thanks to the mines
:O Got my own copy of Avatar on Blu Ray now!

Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men - Jean Rostand

Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Swizaw Nguway

To be honest my entire life revolves around computers (well msot of the time), and it would kill me to give it up. However, I would much rather live in a tribe somewhere than be some guy who sits in the same place every day for the rest of his life typing away.

'Itan Atxur

I strongly believe that I could ditch tech in a second. I don't have TV or a cell phone (land line only). The hardest things tech wise for me to give up would be my movies. But still, I could give them to my parents and friends and when I was visiting them on vacation I could watch them then if I wanted.

The hardest thing for me would undoubtedly be seeing my friends/family far less often.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

oh-rah man. not seeing family and friends and family would be tough. they are the closest thing to you when you have a bad day. (and what i ment about the gaming is that i dont care if the tribe got rid of it, just saying it would be hard to leave it behind is all)

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, video games would have been tough for me too up until about a month ago. For some reason, Avatar has really lowered my interest in video games. I went from playing about 6-8 hours a day to playing maybe 6-8 a week ;D

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Itan Atxur on February 14, 2010, 09:42:56 AM
Yeah, video games would have been tough for me too up until about a month ago. For some reason, Avatar has really lowered my interest in video games. I went from playing about 6-8 hours a day to playing maybe 6-8 a week ;D
Yeah same here, i used to be constantly playing a game, now i play like 30 minutes a day.

Txon Taronyu

Well you should learn to give it up because I don't think we will have video games at the tribe
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Txontaw

Quote from: Txon Taronyu on February 14, 2010, 12:14:14 PM
Well you should learn to give it up because I don't think we will have video games at the tribe

Video games are definitely on the black list.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

bagget00

Quote from: Txontaw on February 14, 2010, 12:28:04 PM

Well my PS3 broke anyways, so I'm good.

Txontaw

Quote from: bagget00 on February 14, 2010, 12:36:54 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on February 14, 2010, 12:28:04 PM

Well my PS3 broke anyways, so I'm good.

Hehe, I suppose if you're forced, there's not much you can do about it :P

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

of course im forced but for some reason after watching avatar my drive for games didnt go down. i just became more self aware of nature and the ecosystem. if i wasn't i wouldnt be on this page.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Tsyeymzi

Interesting, my interest in games went down after watching Avatar too.

Before watching Avatar, I would have never thought I'd ever stop playing games, but after... Gone... My interest in it... Gone. No idea why.

I myself could probably give everything up, it's just that I have a friend that is really, REALLY into DJ'ing, like it is literally his life. Everything is his music, how would something like that be overcome?
- The Signature is a Lie -

'Itan Atxur

Same here. It just doesn't make sense to me. ALL my life I've been a hardcore gamer and now somehow a movie, a MOVIE (well, actually a life changing experience) has changed all that. It's just proof that in life you just never know whats gonna happen next. ;D