Leaving Things Behind

Started by Tsyeymzi, February 13, 2010, 02:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Esmond

I have confidence I can leave everything but not everyone behind. Somehow going back to Nature seems to be what we were born to do. Maybe we'll find peace and well-being there and finally be at home.

Help preserve Nature.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Esmond on March 19, 2010, 11:44:35 AM
I have confidence I can leave everything but not everyone behind. Somehow going back to Nature seems to be what we were born to do. Maybe we'll find peace and well-being there and finally be at home.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

MOUNTAINBANSHEE2

That could be the motto of the tribe (+ 1 cookie)
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Nothing is greater than self peace, Because when self peace is obtained the you are as great as you wanna be. James Harwood age 13.

Can't  spell, Get Firefox web browser free (inbuilt spell checker)

Esmond

Its heart-warming to know my brothers & sisters agree.  :D

Irayo for the cookie.

Help preserve Nature.

Yeynari

I'm with Esmond. When I think about it right now, in front of the computer in cozy slippers and a mug of chocodrink, it scares the s***t out of me, and I'm a hopeless "hoarder" when at home. But when I'm packing for the next camping trip, I'm always like "why bring matches or camping kitchen when I can use a firedrill? Why bring cooking utensils when I can use a knife and some sticks?" And as soon as I'm on the trail, it's all forgotten. I've felt more alone and helpless in most cities than I feel out in the wilderness, because it's way harder to survive in a city.
Proud member of the Revolutionists.

Txontaw

Quote from: Yeynari on March 24, 2010, 11:18:37 PM
I'm with Esmond. When I think about it right now, in front of the computer in cozy slippers and a mug of chocodrink, it scares the s***t out of me, and I'm a hopeless "hoarder" when at home. But when I'm packing for the next camping trip, I'm always like "why bring matches or camping kitchen when I can use a firedrill? Why bring cooking utensils when I can use a knife and some sticks?" And as soon as I'm on the trail, it's all forgotten. I've felt more alone and helpless in most cities than I feel out in the wilderness, because it's way harder to survive in a city.

Well, not really, but I see what you mean. Different type of "survival". :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Yeynari

I'f I got dumped without any belongings in an abandoned ghost city, I'd be pretty screwed  :)

Esmond

Ah, but if you were dumped without any belongings in a forest, that would be an entirely different story.

Help preserve Nature.

Yeynari

Yes, most likely. I don't NEED a steel knife to survive in a forest, it only simplifies things a lot. Making a bowdrill to get a fire going is not very hard, and as soon as I have that and running water, things would begin to look bright. A fire can crack stones, creating sharp splinters that can be used for cutting or carving. Or I'll sharpen them through knapping. Fire can also sharpen sticks to use for digging up edible roots or create spears. Water provides fish, and a spear or harpoon ensures that I can catch them and kill them without touching them, in case they have poisonous spikes or sharp teeth. From there on it gets easier, because fish bones can be used for a lot of stuff too. Etc etc :)

Esmond

You
Need
To
Teach
Me
How.

Its amazing you know so much. I feel like a child.

Help preserve Nature.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

As do I. Mayhap you could start a thread to teach us your ways?

Esmond

Yeah, open a thread an enlighten us. :)

Help preserve Nature.

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

You can do it! Don't believe in you, believe in me who believes in you! (or believe in yourself; whatever helps us learn  ;D)

Yeynari

Lol ;D

It's not really "my ways", more like one part trial and error/experience, one part creativity and one part (big part) common sense. The example with the fish is trial and error, first time I was out fishing I caught a species that is a fairly common food fish in Europe called perch. In the water it looks like any other fish, but it has sharp and poisonous thorns on its dorsal fin which stings like h**l (I learned the hard way).

The greatest danger is your own fear and panic. That will hopefully not be a problem in a settled group, and there will not be nearly as much work since you won't have to do everything on your own.

guest2859

I look at the survival guide for the fishing arrow, it looks weird and hard to make, hopefully we could weave small nets.

Txon Taronyu

one question how do you make a bow drill with out something to carve it?
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Txon Taronyu

but he said he did not need a knife

I think a better way of making a fire is to use flint or quartz