Looking for more Shamans ^_^

Started by The old Uriuujìn, April 25, 2010, 01:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The old Uriuujìn

So, here's the deal:

I want to have some other Gaian Spiritualists in the Tribe take on Shamanic titles ^_^; I gotta say, just putting this out there feels a little weird for me. But to continue, I want to have a couple people who share similar beliefs to kind of help me monitor the Religious scene, keep everyone nice and happy, and maybe teach a little on the side ^_^ Let me tell you up front, however: We would not be trying to "Convert" anyone. We would be holding Socratic teaching periods to get people thinking about their spirituality, and if they begin to believe as we do, that is an added plus.

Now, this is the main thing. I will be weeding out some of you. It's necessary. So what I want you to contact me over Skype, Facebook, PM, any way you know how, and tell me that you are interested.  I also want you to honestly answer the following question. DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWER HERE IN THIS THREAD!!:

What, in your opinion, is the cause of all evil? Another way of putting it is What form does the greatest Evil imaginable take?

Once you have figured out your answer, send me a message ^_^ Irayo!!

Gaia ayngahu

Nanaki

Quote from: Uriuujìn on April 25, 2010, 01:11:29 PM
What, in your opinion, is the cause of all evil? Another way of putting it is What form does the greatest Evil imaginable take?

I would like to see the answer of others peoples ... Mine is summed up in one word. Maybe I'll send you a message, but i'm not sure that I want to do this (I mean, speak about religious (or not) things ...)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Fnua Atxkxe

This sounds like something I would love to do although I could not say that I am a Gaian Spiritualist although I believe many of its teachings and follow them however, I would say that I do not have a religion as such but a mixture of beliefs based around different religions, I hope that does not exlcude me from this oppertunity as that would seem a but unfair to me so I have sent you a PM anyway :)

Gaia ngahu
Anyone feel free to add me on msn or skype: [email protected]

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

sezawte

I spoke to you about skype on this :P get back to me whenever
join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

Interested in a camping trip in the UK? Find out more Here

Zalorticus

Quote from: Nanaki on April 25, 2010, 01:20:13 PMI would like to see the answer of others peoples ... Mine is summed up in one word. Maybe I'll send you a message, but i'm not sure that I want to do this (I mean, speak about religious (or not) things ...)

While it would be interesting to see what everyone has to say, I think Uriuujìn has his reasons as to why it should not be posted. He is likely looking for specific types of answers.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Fnua Atxkxe

I am more interested in why someone who I think should practice respect for all religions should need to be him/herself a Gaian Spiritualist. I don't want to sound like I am whining but that seems a bit exclusive to me..... as an example I believe many or even all almost of the Gaian beliefs but would hesitate to label myself as one as I like the freedom to find my own beliefs ;D

Oe kamä ìlä oeyä txe´lan ulte fìtsenge leiu oel hu ayngati ma oeyä smukan sì smuke ulte nga ma Coga, nì´ul to fra´u ^_^

Nanaki

Quote from: Zalorticus on April 25, 2010, 03:44:53 PM
While it would be interesting to see what everyone has to say, I think Uriuujìn has his reasons as to why it should not be posted. He is likely looking for specific types of answers.

Because I'm interested, but it's not a proposition, just my thoughts ;)
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Predict

I'm curious as to why we need to monitor the religious scene, I don't believe we should separate respect for religious beliefs from the mutual cooperation that is fundamental to the tribe's function. To a great extent I find it is the organization of religion that allows it to propagate beyond individual values and lead to disagreement.

I'm not opposed to spiritual roles, don't take this that way, but I feel a spiritual leader should be a person who sympathizes with others and doesn't need a specific stand point.

I'm not trying to be critical and I may be going into 'philosopher mode' a bit, sorry about that :).

Fnua Atxkxe

TBH I thought the spirtual leader (in this case with so many different religions in the tribe) should be someone who simply respects all peoples beliefs, that's why I volunteered even though I don't actualy have a religion per se but a collection of beliefs based off of various relgions :)

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: fnua atxkxe on April 25, 2010, 06:59:53 PM
TBH I though the spirtual leader (in this case with so many different religions in the tribe) should be someone who simply respects all peoples beliefs, that's why I volunteered even though I don't actualy have a religion per se but a collection of beliefs based off of various relgions :)

You are correct- I am preaching Religious Tolerance and then excluding others on the same basis. However, look at it from my perspective. I have a responsibility to not only monitor this board as Moderator, but to keep the Religious Community at peace through my Shamanic duties Still, I want to spread the word that I believe as well, not to try and get everyone to think the same as I do, but to try and get people to learn, and to learn from them. That is why I would prefer that they were Gaian Spiritualists. However, that is no longer a requirement ^_^ Tell your friends.

And you are correct, Zalorticus- I am looking for a certain type of answer.

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I would love to get involved in this! I consider myself a shamanistic wiccan, and I love to teach and help others. I am more spiritual than religious right now, and have good knowledge in healing and helping others. Please, tell me how I might lend my gifts to help my tribe mates :)
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Ikranä mokri

I hope that my answer was a good one (took me bloody ages to think it up)

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Esmond

Uriuujìn, this is an important decision. No pressure but DON'T SCREW UP. :)

Eywa ngahu.

Help preserve Nature.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Esmond on April 26, 2010, 04:40:11 AM
Uriuujìn, this is an important decision. No pressure but DON'T SCREW UP. :)

Eywa ngahu.

XD Do not worry- If I were unsure about any of the candidates (And thus far, I have had no doubts about their fairness or responsibility) I would not even consider them in any way shape or form.

To those who have sent me an answer- Do not fret if I do not reply right away. I will be taking a good deal of time to think about this, to make sure that I am making the right choices ^_^ I will post up a list of the numeyu in my own time ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Zalorticus

Take your time, Uriuujìn. We have a long wait before the tribe first comes together.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Predict

I was wondering why you were doing this now though? I don't see any reason to dedicate roles until we are together, then we can see what everyone is really best suited to.

Is there likely to be any religious disagreement? From what I've seen everyone has been exceptionally accepting. I imagine this sort of role would be more like (and this is a rubbish example but is the best I can get) a psychologist, the guy you go to when you wake up one morning and realise you're in the middle of nowhere in a tribe and you need to talk things over a bit  :).

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any religious activity but there really isn't a need for organised religion in a community of this size.

The old Uriuujìn

You are correct, but I really want to pick numeyu now so that they can teach others down the line along with me ^_^ And Organized religion is not a very good term for it- let's call it Spiritual Assistance. If people have any issues, religious or no, they can come to us for help, and we will do our best to help ^_^ I think that is the best way for this to work. Irayo for your comment ^__^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Predict

That way of putting it is very encouraging and does seem like something practical for the tribe. I am only wondering what they are teaching or being taught? I will look into spiritualism more, I feel I need a better understanding of your beliefs. 
Hope I'm not being too critical.

Gaia ngahu

The old Uriuujìn

Do not worry- I personally encourage inquisition. It builds character ^_^ As to why they are being taught, that is a secret ^_^

Gaia ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Predict

Hah, a secret, fair enough. Now I simply must to stop posting and start googling spiritualism, I am intrigued now and I really know very little about it (at least less than I should).

Gaia ngahu