Training to become simlair to Na'vi

Started by Tawioang, January 10, 2010, 12:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txontaw

Wow, oe have a lot to catch up to you guys on, I am not fit at all. I'm not fat, just not fit. :P

Oe can only do about 1.5 pull ups  :'(
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Underhand or overhand?

(this movie motivated me to get fit. Who doesn't want that kind of muscle?)
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Txontaw

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 10, 2010, 11:19:45 PM
Underhand or overhand?

(this movie motivated me to get fit. Who doesn't want that kind of muscle?)

(Yeah, me too. I actually started working out again!)

Underhand.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Zalorticus

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 10, 2010, 10:37:24 PM
Stealth training. Very na'vi.

This would be very good to do at night, but also in any other scenarios: rain, snow, meteors, etc.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Txon Tsyal

Fighting as a Na`vi isn`t all about shooting a bow, they also use it as a staff of sorts, and they always have a knife.
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

Mako

I got in trouble because of a knife once :P I want to make one of those, but that would be almost impossible. They're skilled cqb, that's for sure.

Txontaw

Well, a knife to have at all times is necessary, whether we make it or not.

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Get a k-bar or a bowie knife. Then get a bow and arrows. Boom, instant Na'vi gear set.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 11, 2010, 09:33:04 AM
Get a k-bar or a bowie knife. Then get a bow and arrows. Boom, instant Na'vi gear set.

Never was too good with a bow, I'll stick with my gun.

I can use a staff fairly well though.

Zalorticus

The staff is a deadly but simple weapon. It is quite easy to "master". One could be used as a walking stick, lever, weapon, all kinds of things. If you want, you can fit (or cut) a tip into the end, and tadah! Instant spear.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Hawnu UnilTxep

I had a lot to catch up on haha ^^

I love how you guys ran with the idea ^^  Alright, so first things first:

1. Everyone should be in pretty decent shape.  I'd say, if you're still in HS or whatever, then join a sports team, even like, track.  Some kind of group to keep you motivated.  If not, lets all try to build that smexy lean muscle :]  Parkour, loves, all the way.

2. If you don't know how to use a weapon, lets fix that eh?  Oe used to have a weapon tournaments with my HS friends.  For everyone's information :] I won a few of them.  I'm good in swords, proficient with my sai, and used to be pretty good with a bostaff.  I need to get a new one [my mom sold my old one... :[ ] or maybe I'll just make one.  Then I can put up a notch in the top, and make a spear head.  It'll be awesome.  Great idea :D Irayo ma Zalorticus.

3. Stealth, stealth, stealth! Yes! I've been walking on the balls of my feet since I was like, 6.  It's amazing.  And, I'm also a klutz when I get frazzled, but I'm working on that. haha ^^ It's mostly when I talk to my beau, or whenever he's around.  My heart skips and I pull a complete Bella.  He thinks its funny though.  So I guess its endearing? >.> lol.  But, back on the topic, I am glad you guys want to work on stealth.  Work on being barefoot and also in boots and such.  The more diverse we are, the better :D
I'm very glad that you guys are so good that you can scare your parents.  I do it too. :D

4. Na'vi ninjas would be crazy awesomeness and sexiness.  Oh yeah.  I can see it now.

:D

Please PM me if you are still interested in the real Na'vi tribe.

Tireafya’o

kaltxì plltxe,
This tread is epic and has my support.
I studied ninjutsu as well.

It is intresting to know that hiding from your opponent can be simple,
Hiding in plain sight in which you cannot be seen.
Your belief creates.

I will give this story from my youth to show this point:
Once many years ago a friend of mine and my brother where hiding playing ninja outside a house in our locality.
My friend had lead of our group. He told us to hide when a person seen him.
I hid in a bush and started my invisibility meditation.
The person who had seen my friend came out of his house to look for us.
My brother hid as a bush in plain sight.

The person came to the bush I was at and used his flashlight on it as well as prodding into the bush.
He did not see our touch me. Later on after that had happened my brother told me that the person looked right at him as well and did not see him.

I would take a position as a spiritual teacher, it is my path.
The movie is riddled with many hidden meanings and spiritual teachings & lessons from an occult prospective.
I have been thinking about starting a thread on this as well.

Eywa ngahu my tsmukan and tsmuké
Tireafya'o

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 11, 2010, 09:43:39 AM
Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 11, 2010, 09:33:04 AM

Never was too good with a bow, I'll stick with my gun.

I can use a staff fairly well though.

guns make too much noise , plus a knife can never run out of ammo .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Mako

I'm have a throwing knife that I can fit to a strap or on the back of my belt or wherever, as well as a bow. Went to shoot it last night, and was pleasantly suprised. I haven't lost my touch in 4 years. Still practicing with stealth and definitely doing weight training. I have incredible endurance (I've been told I should run XC) and my legs are strong, but not my arms :/

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Always wanted to learn how use a bow.
Got some pretty strong legs (legs got some stamina, not too much power). Arms are weak though my shoulders are strong what lets me trow things very fast and controlled. Too bad their ísn't any forest around my house. I would have to drive one hour to get there, but then there are a lot of people who would call police for some maniac, climbing trees and shooting arrows out of it :P

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

fkeua vrrtep

Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 12, 2010, 09:43:01 AM
Always wanted to learn how use a bow.
Got some pretty strong legs (legs got some stamina, not too much power). Arms are weak though my shoulders are strong what lets me trow things very fast and controlled. Too bad their ísn't any forest around my house. I would have to drive one hour to get there, but then there are a lot of people who would call police for some maniac, climbing trees and shooting arrows out of it :P

pretty sad if you have to drive about an hour to get to the next wood , the town where I live is surrounded by one of the biggest woods in my country .
I wanted you to know
I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph
I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

'cause i'm broken,
when i'm lonesome
and i don't feel right
when you're gone away

Txontaw

We just have mountains, good for hiking, though, not good for tromping through wilderness (poison oak)

Ikranä mokri

i was just thinking what if somone (maybe me if i can find the time) should like put a whole file together with stuff like making bows and arrows and how to get to the right fitness and upper and lower body strength, how to make traps and how to skin and gut animals etc.....
its just and idea

Tirea Tskoyä has a new look see it[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-

Txontaw

If I find the time, I will put something for that in the Our Na'vi tribe topic.