California: Bay Area

Started by Payoang, January 12, 2010, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I'm up in the Reno area. Not a lot of Na'vi being spoken up here, and I have much to learn. I would love to come down to one of your meet-ups. But, it will have to wait until the weather is better over the Sierras, and the budget is a bit fatter. I will keep a mikun open here as to what is going on. Hopefully, these will planned a week or two in advance (or meet regularly) because going down to the bay area is not a generally 'spur of the moment' type trip.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

omängum fra'uti

Ok so I scoped out a few places and I found one that tsun tivam, fo syaw tsaru "Roy's Station".  It is a bit small...  SLÄ....  Saturday it's metered street 2 hour parking.  Sunday it's unrestricted and unmetered.

There's 5 tables inside, plus a counter w/ plugs for computers (& wifi of course) and ample outside seating.  Noise level wasn't bad despite the size.  And when the barista brought me my drink, it looked like it was ready to be photographed for a menu.

Anyway, given that, I am going to say lets meet on SUNDAY at 1:00 pm.  So...

SUNDAY
MARCH 7
1:00 pm

Roy's Station
Japantown, San Jose

Depending on how that goes, I'd like to start doing this once or twice a month.  (Perhaps first and third Sunday of the month?)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

bagget00

Woo sunday. I'll be able to go.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Elfenlied

Shades of the dead are sliding on the walls,
Demons dance in the castle hall.
Female Na'Vi Sculpt--><--Female Na'Vi Sculpt

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

Tirea Nìwotxkrr

yay! see you march 7th! also i found my na'vi shirt. so this time i have the proper attire.

Payoang

March 7th ... day o' the oscars?

Tirea Nìwotxkrr

ooooh we should watch Avatar sweep the oscars!!!

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Seabass on February 28, 2010, 03:42:26 AM
March 7th ... day o' the oscars?
Gah, damn you for taking my good idea and ruining it!

Though... They do have a TV in the coffee shop, I'm sure there is a good chance it would be, or could be, tuned to the oscars.  Failing that... Wifi = stream it live?

Tsu'roen

Sundays is so far fine with me.

I finally watched Avatar on the big IMAX screen in San Francisco. I got to say that's something different! The screen is gigantic and you sit way closer so that the picture pretty much fills your entire view. Also I had the impression that the colors are much brighter than in digital IMAX or Real3D.
Anybody who hasn't seen it on the real (non digital) IMAX should definitely go as long as they still show it! It's really worth it.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Tirea Nìwotxkrr

i saw it yesterday in san fran imax as well and that blew my mind away... again. it was definatly worth the drive up to sf.

bagget00

whens the last day san fran will have it?

Tsu'roen

Quote from: bagget00 on February 28, 2010, 11:51:24 PM
whens the last day san fran will have it?
Looks like Thursday March 4th @ 6pm is the last show
-> http://www.amcentertainment.com/Metreon/
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

bagget00

So ill ask again, Sunday, march 7th. does anyone need a ride? sound off with your city so i can see if i can pick up on the way.

Tsu'roen

judytuna

Hi guys!

I live in San Francisco and work in Berkeley, and don't have a car, so San Jose (while admittedly close) feels out of reach.

Can anyone make a meetup in Berkeley?

I mentioned it a long time ago in this thread, but didn't offer up details. I'd like to offer the game store I work at as a place to meet. We've got a big play space that can be used--long wooden tables and chairs aplenty. We're not a cafe, but we do have drinks and snacks and stuff. (We're a board game retail store, internet gaming center with computers and xboxes, plus magic tournament center, so that's what you'll see inside.) http://www.eudemonia.net

Close to the downtown Berkeley bart station: google maps

I'd like to suggest meeting up here once in a while! Maybe for the next scheduled meetup after March 7?

Txur’Itan

Quote from: judytuna on March 01, 2010, 05:50:04 PM

@judytuna - If you can Take Cal Train from San Francisco to San Mateo or Redwood City (preferred), we can car pool, and I can bring you back to SF.  I think I will be going.  Berkley is a bit out of the way for heading to San Jose though.

SUNDAY
MARCH 7
1:00 pm

Roy's Station
Japantown, San Jose

| NAME -------------- | 5th Friday Evening | 6th Saturday | 7th Sunday...
| Seabass  | X | X | KE OMUMYU LOLU
| -------------------- | ------------------- | ---------------- | --------------
| Omängum fra'uti| X | X | SRANE
| -------------------- | ------------------- | ---------------- | --------------
| Txur`Itan| X | X | SRANE
| Tsu'roen| X | X | SRANE
| bagget00 | X | X | SRANE
| Tirea Nìwotxkrr  | X | X | SRANE
| judytuna  | X | X | KE OMUMYU LOLU
| Elfenlied  | X | X | KE OMUMYU LOLU
| `Eylan Ayfalulukanä

| X | X | KE OMUMYU LOLU
私は太った男だ。

Elfenlied

I'll be able to make it for sure Saturday. Sunday is iffy. I'll try my hardest to make it Sunday but I can't commit for sure.
Shades of the dead are sliding on the walls,
Demons dance in the castle hall.
Female Na'Vi Sculpt--><--Female Na'Vi Sculpt

omängum fra'uti

To be clear, the gathering will be on Sunday, nobody is planning for anything on Saturday that I know of.  Just one day in the weekend.

Payoang

Woo, I shall be there, as long as sushi is involved. Apparently the Metreon is also still playing Avatar, yes?

(And oscars party someplace?)