California: Bay Area

Started by Payoang, January 12, 2010, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

I'll ask one more time, just in case somebody didn't notice, but does anybody need a ride?
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Txur’Itan

@judytuna - You are taking Bart to San Francisco; Cal Train to Redwood City (preferred), we can car pool, and I can bring you back to Bart.  

@seabass - Who will pick you up at the bus station?  Omängum, or bagget00, or I?

SUNDAY
MARCH 7
1:00 pm

Roy's Station
Japantown, San Jose

| NAME -------------- | 5th Friday Evening | 6th Saturday | 7th Sunday...
| Seabass  | X | X | SRANE
| -------------------- | ------------------- | ---------------- | --------------
| Omängum fra'uti| X | X | SRANE
| -------------------- | ------------------- | ---------------- | --------------
| Txur`Itan| X | X | SRANE
| Tsu'roen| X | X | SRANE
| bagget00 | X | X | SRANE
| Tirea Nìwotxkrr  | X | X | SRANE
| judytuna  | X | X | KE OMUM LÌEVU
| Elfenlied  | X | X | KE OMUM LÌEVU
| `Eylan Ayfalulukanä

| X | X | KEHE
私は太った男だ。

Payoang

I'll be coming down from SF - I'll find my way this time :)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Seabass on March 05, 2010, 11:30:07 PM
I'll be coming down from SF - I'll find my way this time :)

I can pick you up where I pick up Judy if you like.
私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

OMG you're right, Metreon still has Avatar in IMAX, and is not showing Alice in Wonderland at all, heh.  Take that Tim Burton!  And that's supposed to be real IMAX right, not the digital?

That just might be worth a trip to go see.

So meet up for coffee/snacks, then sushi for Seabass (Is that cannibalism?), then all who want head up to SF for Avatar? :D

Well I suppose we can start by just meeting up.  Not sure what we'll do about the oscars since it will be starting soon after we start.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 05, 2010, 11:35:35 PM
OMG you're right, Metreon still has Avatar in IMAX, and is not showing Alice in Wonderland at all, heh.  Take that Tim Burton!  And that's supposed to be real IMAX right, not the digital?

So meet up for coffee/snacks, then sushi for Seabass (Is that cannibalism?), then all who want head up to SF for Avatar? :D

Well I suppose we can start by just meeting up.  Not sure what we'll do about the oscars since it will be starting soon after we start.

Bar in the city?
私は太った男だ。

bagget00

I have no money for another round of IMAX.Oh well...
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: bagget00 on March 06, 2010, 12:10:25 AM
I have no money for another round of IMAX.Oh well...

We can hang out at the coffee shop, figure out the rest later.
私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

Yeah just show up and see how it goes, I think this is going to be a "Play it by ear" sort of thing.

But this also likely won't become a regular habbit if this becomes a regular thing.  My idea is, in general, just a "Meet, hang out, speak Na'vi, make people stare, and promote the website if we can".

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo for adding me to the list!

Will have to give a kehe this time, although I very much want to come. April is an intensively busy month for me.(Anybody going to the NAB convention in Las Vegas in April? They are showing off a bunch of 3D technology there, but nothing Avatar-related I know of yet. Exhibits passes are free.). So, I tentatively am planning to come down for the May meetup. (I hope to have a 'proper shirt' by then as well.) So krr txan aynga lu And may Avatar sweep the Oscars!

BTW, Avatar is still showing several times a day in Reno in 3D, and once a day in 2D.

'Eylan ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsu'roen

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 05, 2010, 11:35:35 PM
OMG you're right, Metreon still has Avatar in IMAX, and is not showing Alice in Wonderland at all, heh.  Take that Tim Burton!  And that's supposed to be real IMAX right, not the digital?

I'd be up for that!
But that IMAX is pricey! I paid $17 for the ticket (well worth it though) and $14 for parking (a solid reason for car pooling).

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 05, 2010, 11:35:35 PM... then sushi for Seabass (Is that cannibalism?),
only if he orders seabass ;D
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

omängum fra'uti

bagget00

Just got back from Roy's Station and wanted to say, I had a lot of fun and it was great to hang out with you guys. Can't wait to do it again.

Eywa ngahu.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: bagget00 on March 07, 2010, 08:47:46 PM
Just got back from Roy's Station and wanted to say, I had a lot of fun and it was great to hang out with you guys. Can't wait to do it again.

Eywa ngahu.

Maybe if this become a regular thing, more from the area will start to show up.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

SUNDAY
MARCH 7
1:00 pm

Roy's Station
Japantown, San Jose

| NAME -------------- | 5th Friday Evening | 6th Saturday | 7th Sunday...
| Seabass  | X | X | KE FITSENGE
| Omängum fra'uti| X | X | FITSENGE
| Txur`Itan| X | X | FITSENGE
| Tsu'roen| X | X | FITSENGE
| bagget00 | X | X | FITSENGE
| Tirea Nìwotxkrr  | X | X | KE FITSENGE
| judytuna  | X | X | KE FITSENGE
| Elfenlied  | X | X | KE FITSENGE
| `Eylan Ayfalulukanä

| X | X | KE FITSENGE
私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

It was good to see everyone who made it!  Hopefully we can get a few more next time.  I didn't hear any particular complaints about the time or location so...

Next meetup..

Sunday March 21
1:00pm

Roy's Station
Japantown, san Jose, CA

I'm thinking 1st and 3rd Sunday here.  If someone wants something on a different day or location (For example Saturday, or further north like Berkeley or w/e) we can do 1st Sunday at Roy's and two weeks later somewhere else or some other time.  But I'll need feedback on another day and/or someone to scout out locations that aren't near San Jose.

Txur’Itan

| NAME -------------- | Friday Evening | Saturday | 21st Sunday...
| Seabass  | X | X | KXAWM
| Omängum fra'uti| X | X | SRANE
| Txur`Itan| X | X | SRANE
| Tsu'roen| X | X | KXAWM
| bagget00 | X | X | KXAWM
| Tirea Nìwotxkrr  | X | X | KXAWM
| judytuna   | X | X | KXAWM
| Elfenlied   | X | X | KXAWM
| `Eylan Ayfalulukanä

| X | X | KEHE
私は太った男だ。

Tsu'roen

I'm in.

Do we want to start making an agenda - kind of what to practice ... ?
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much" ~ Dr. Grace Augustine

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid!  Ignorant like a child!" ~ Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

10x (1x 2D, 3x Real 3D, 6x IMAX 3D)
1x Special Ed. (1x IMAX 3D)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsu'roen on March 10, 2010, 01:50:20 AM
I'm in.

Do we want to start making an agenda - kind of what to practice ... ?

Pronunciation.

I would like to go through all of the sounds in the Na'vi set and get it on a lock.

After that, vocab practice.
私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

I was thinking of bringing along some Na'vi material to read out.  Maybe a short story or something.  Certainly it would be nice to have more than just a social thing.  (Not that social is bad, but I do want to learn Na'vi too.)  For pronunciation we could have something to read and help everyone be able to pronounce everything.

If anyone else has ideas, feel free to bring em up!  If we've got nice weather again I might grab a table outside next time.