California: Bay Area

Started by Payoang, January 12, 2010, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Evan

SQUEEEEEE! Just found this thread. I should be able to make it nearly anytime with a bit of warning. It looks like it'll be that Wednesday the 24th? Should work fine. I can of course sleep at my own place, and people can sleep where I'm staying (~30 mins away) if there's more from out of town than is easy for Judy (looks like 3 total right now?).

and heh hopefully this will make me actually post the pictures I took mì Siätll.
Rä'ä tung futa fol ngeyä 'itìt letsyal tivakuk.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: 'Evan on August 05, 2011, 03:54:38 PM
SQUEEEEEE! Just found this thread. I should be able to make it nearly anytime with a bit of warning. It looks like it'll be that Wednesday the 24th? Should work fine. I can of course sleep at my own place, and people can sleep where I'm staying (~30 mins away) if there's more from out of town than is easy for Judy (looks like 3 total right now?).

and heh hopefully this will make me actually post the pictures I took mì Siätll.

Would it be a problem if I held your floor or a couch down for an evening? Although I don't think it is likely I will come, I have not ruled it out, either. I will have a much better idea in about 10 days.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

judytuna

Hooray!

Tuesday the 23rd: Jason (txonä rolyu) arrives at my house, late-ish.
Wednesday the 24th: wander around san francisco! i don't have a plan yet--it'll depend on what everyone wants to do. see the bridges? see museums and parks and stuff? see downtown? go eat at iconic sf places?

Then Jason, are you leaving on the 24th or on the 25th? If you're leaving on the 25th, we can bbq in my backyard on the 24th...?

Kayrìlien

Tuesday and Wednesday are still great for me; just let me know what time everything's going on and I can plan accordingly. I do have work on Thursday morning so I'd need to drive home by like 8 or 9 on Wednesday night, but other than that I'm quite free.

Kayrìlien

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: judytuna on August 07, 2011, 05:27:50 PM
Hooray!

Tuesday the 23rd: Jason (txonä rolyu) arrives at my house, late-ish.
Wednesday the 24th: wander around san francisco! i don't have a plan yet--it'll depend on what everyone wants to do. see the bridges? see museums and parks and stuff? see downtown? go eat at iconic sf places?

Then Jason, are you leaving on the 24th or on the 25th? If you're leaving on the 25th, we can bbq in my backyard on the 24th...?

Oh my all that sounds fun! I've never been to San Fran. Urmmm.....crap. I'm still undecided if I'm going to leave the night of the 24th or the morning of the 25th. I'll have to look up how far Frazier Park (where my aunt lives) is from San Fran. If it's not too far I'll leave Wednesday night and crash at my aunt's house for a day or 2. If I don't think I can make it to Frazier, would it be alright if I stayed at your house another night Judy? Nd we could totally do the BBQ :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Txura Rolyu

:(  If I could have the time I would ride up with Kay, but I dont know that I will. I want to see more people again.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Kayrìlien

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on August 08, 2011, 03:39:22 AM...how far Frazier Park (where my aunt lives) is from San Fran...

It's about five and a half hours from SF to Frazier Park along the 580 and 5 (not accounting for traffic) through the San Joaquin Valley, or about seven hours if you went down the 101 and cut over through the Cuyama Valley.

Kayr

Quote from: Kayrìlien on August 08, 2011, 05:28:47 PM
Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on August 08, 2011, 03:39:22 AM...how far Frazier Park (where my aunt lives) is from San Fran...

It's about five and a half hours from SF to Frazier Park along the 580 and 5 (not accounting for traffic) through the San Joaquin Valley, or about seven hours if you went down the 101 and cut over through the Cuyama Valley.

Kayr

Wiya, 5 and a half hours? Nìngay srak? Oh that won't do. I really hope it'd be ok for me to stay one more night at your house Judy! Let me know if I need to bring a sleeping bag or anything :)

-Txonä Rolyu

judytuna

23rd (night): txonä rolyu arrives
24th (wednesday): san francisco touristy day, bbq at 5 or 6 or 7 or whenever.
25th: txonä rolyu leaves, or did you need to stay until the 26th?

send me a pm if you're coming to the bbq and i'll send you my address!

so far it's txonä rolyu, 'evan, kayrìlien, and maybe 'eylan ayfalulukanä, right? any more? =)

Quote from: judytuna on August 20, 2011, 04:26:14 PM
23rd (night): txonä rolyu arrives
24th (wednesday): san francisco touristy day, bbq at 5 or 6 or 7 or whenever.
25th: txonä rolyu leaves, or did you need to stay until the 26th?

send me a pm if you're coming to the bbq and i'll send you my address!

so far it's txonä rolyu, 'evan, kayrìlien, and maybe 'eylan ayfalulukanä, right? any more? =)

Yup, I'm leaving the morning of the 25th. Also Payoang and Tìvawm'ia may also be there.

-Txonä Rolyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Things have finally settled out here after the utter enormity of Worldcon!

Unfortunately, I will not be making it to what sounds like a really fun meetup.  :'(

Perhaps, later in the fall, something like this might be possible, if there is any further interest.

Yawey ngahu!

judytuna

Report for the Bay Area micromeetup, August 2011!

We tried to look at the Golden Gate Bridge, but it was shy.

We ate ice cream at ghirardelli square.

My drinking chocolate was so rich that I could barely drink it!

We wandered around Fisherman's Wharf for a while.

We bought bread at the embarcadero and looked at the really big tsko swizaw.

Quote from: judytuna on August 26, 2011, 05:35:16 AM
Report for the Bay Area micromeetup, August 2011!

Txonä Rolyur sunu fì'u

Ayrelìri seiyi irayo :) Mengati tse'a nìmun a fì'u lameiu txantsan!

-Txonä Rolyu

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Tewti Looks like you all had  a great time!

Drinking chocolate??

Yawey ngahu!

Yeah Ghirardelli Square had chocolate that was specially melted for drinking. You'd have to ask judytuna how it tasted tho, I didn't have any. I had the banana spilt.

-Txonä Rolyu

Txura Rolyu

I have been to the Square about three times, but never was there when it was open. Couldnt get the awesome chocolate drink you speak of  :(
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 30, 2011, 03:24:23 AM
I have been to the Square about three times, but never was there when it was open. Couldnt get the awesome chocolate drink you speak of  :(

This is sad. Very sad only.

-Txonä Rolyu