California: Bay Area

Started by Payoang, January 12, 2010, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

Well, have fun out there. Catch you next time we all decide to meet.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

omängum fra'uti

Oeru txoa livu for being so late on this.  No clue what the place is like as I've never been there, but I figure it's somewhere to at least meet for the start.  We can always go elsewhere if needed.  I'll try to find somewhere conspicuous for a smallish group to sit when I get there.

2:00 pm Saturday (Today) 20th

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bean-scene-sunnyvale

I'll try to be there a little bit ahead of time.  I don't have a handy Kaltxì shirt, but I could at least bring my ASG for people that haven't met me yet to recognize me.  Seabass, let me know if you need me to give you will be able to make it and need a ride, but I'd want to get there early so I'm (Theoretically) first there.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Elfenlied

Shades of the dead are sliding on the walls,
Demons dance in the castle hall.
Female Na'Vi Sculpt--><--Female Na'Vi Sculpt

Txur’Itan

We are looking at SATURDAY as the day.

| NAME -------------- | 19th Friday Evening | 20th Saturday... | 21st Sunday...
| Seabass  | SRANE | SRANE-ish | KEHE
| -------------------- | ------------------- | ---------------- | --------------
| Omängum fra'uti| SRANE| SRANE| KEHE
| -------------------- | ------------------- | ---------------- | --------------
| Txur`Itan| SRANE| SRANE| SRANE
| Tsu'roen| KRRPE OMUMYU LOLU | SRANE| KRRPE OMUMYU LOLU
| bagget00 | KEHE | KEHE | KEHE
| Tirea Nìwotxkrr  | SRANE | SRANE | SRANE
| judytuna   | SRANE | SRANE | SRANE
| Elfenlied   | ??? | SRANE | ???

It looks like Saturday it is. 

food/coffee shop/snacks/whatever - Maybe just hanging out

If people do want to go see Avatar - RealD.

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on February 20, 2010, 04:03:21 AM
Oeru txoa livu for being so late on this.  No clue what the place is like as I've never been there, but I figure it's somewhere to at least meet for the start.  We can always go elsewhere if needed.  I'll try to find somewhere conspicuous for a smallish group to sit when I get there.

2:00 pm Saturday (Today) 20th

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bean-scene-sunnyvale

I'll try to be there a little bit ahead of time.  I don't have a handy Kaltxì shirt, but I could at least bring my ASG for people that haven't met me yet to recognize me.  Seabass, let me know if you need me to give you will be able to make it and need a ride, but I'd want to get there early so I'm (Theoretically) first there.
私は太った男だ。

TanhiTaronyu

I Am from Daly City and San Francisco. I have live here and been a lover of language for a number of years it would be great to chat with thoes who feel similarly. I am on AIM(G3M1N1) and YIM(INDIAN_PRIDE_06) I work at a 24hr place doing graveyard so if your up or simply cant sleep hit me up. sorry but english will have to be our method of communikay my Na'vi isnt good enough yet.

omängum fra'uti

Thanks to those who showed up on Saturday!

One thing I would like to do is start regular bi-monthly meetings of the locals, to practice Na'vi or w/e.  Some amount of social stuff, but with a focus on learning.

I'll try to find somewhere that is good for groups to meet.  The place we were at this week was nice, but a little small, crowded and loud.  Somewhere with a corner we could all crowd into would be great.

Tentatively, I think the 2:00 on Saturday time is good, so plan at this point for the first bi-monthly SF Bay Area Na'vi get together to be 2:00pm on March 6th.

bagget00

so where was it that you guys did meet?
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

omängum fra'uti

We met at http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bean-scene-sunnyvale and all had some coffee...  Then walked over to Thai Basil and had dunch/linner...  And then we decided to go watch a movie and argued for ages about what movie we should watch.  I won't spoil the surprise with what we finally decided.

Then we all headed over to the AMC Eastridge (Except for Txur'Itan who we ditched) and watched said movie.

bagget00

I'm guessing it was Percy Jackson and the Olimpians. :)

MaTe

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on February 22, 2010, 05:16:32 AM
I won't spoil the surprise with what we finally decided.

Valentine's Day. That's local hilarity maximum.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Txur’Itan

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on February 22, 2010, 05:16:32 AM
We met at http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-bean-scene-sunnyvale and all had some coffee...  Then walked over to Thai Basil and had dunch/linner...  And then we decided to go watch a movie and argued for ages about what movie we should watch.  I won't spoil the surprise with what we finally decided.

Then we all headed over to the AMC Eastridge (Except for Txur'Itan who we ditched) and watched said movie.

You would think he is joking, but they did ditch me, quite successfully. Although I make for easy ditching apparently. LOL
私は太った男だ。

bagget00

Txur’Itan

Quote from: bagget00 on February 22, 2010, 01:37:05 PM
Why'd they ditch you?

In reality, I got myself ditched, they knew where to go, and who to follow, and I was still pulling out of the parking lot when they finally rolled out, I had a brain fart and lost track of everything and everyone.

Fortunately Omängum fra'uti called me so I could catch up with them later.
私は太った男だ。

Elfenlied

Whoever took that picture should send it to me.  ;D
Shades of the dead are sliding on the walls,
Demons dance in the castle hall.
Female Na'Vi Sculpt--><--Female Na'Vi Sculpt

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Elfenlied on February 24, 2010, 02:02:44 AM
Whoever took that picture should send it to me.  ;D

You mean this pic?

http://forum.learnnavi.org/meetup/san-jose-meet-up-2-0/

I have a higher resolution version.

I'll send it to the E_mail on your profile.

私は太った男だ。

omängum fra'uti

In other news, I've got an idea for where to meet regularly, need to scope the place out to see how it can handle a group though.  But it's relatively new (Opened last year) and the reviews on yelp seem to indicate it has two different rooms.

Tirea Nìwotxkrr

omängum fra'uti

North part of San Jose, near Milpitas.  (Sorry, left to my own I'll be looking at places around where I life.  I'm not adverse to traveling a bit myself, but someone else would have to go finding the place.)

Edit: Shoot, just looked at it on yelp again, and it closes at 2:00pm on Saturday, so it wouldn't work.  I guess it's back to the drawing board.

bagget00

So, since march 6th is coming up fast, maybe we should start planning again. Too bad Avatar will be out of theaters by then.
I personaly don't know my schedule past this coming friday, but I should know tomorrow.
Maybe we could go to a prak in Campbell I know. It's huge. has a load of really tall trees and a failry good sized picnic area. Plus, if you stll want to see a non-avatar movie, AMC Saratoga 14 is about 5-10 min away.

omängum fra'uti

It may still be a bit early to plan for outside, at least without some contingency plan.  It would be better just to plan for inside until the weather clears up.

I figured I'd scout out a few possible locations tomorrow, and hopefully make final call tomorrow night.  This should be somewhere we can keep going back to.  Of course, I'm open to suggestions.  Right now sight unseed, this place is near the top of my short list, but I fear it may be too crowded to be reasonable.  There's a coffee shop in Palo Alto I used to meet a group at regularly, but I don't know if it's still open, and truthfully, I don't know if I should be contacting the places ahead of time.

But please, if anyone has suggestions feel free to mention it.  It would be great if it's somewhere you have been before and know would be a good location.