• Welcome to Learn Na'vi Community.

California: Southern

Started by Nume fpi sänume, January 12, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esperanto

ma tsumkan ulte tsmuke...

The showtimes for the Spectrum 21 are 11:45 AM, 3:30, 7:15, and 10:55 on the 21st.

I suggest we should try to aim for either the 3:30 showing and hang out afterward, or grab lunch together and hit the 7:15 showing so that the people traveling far can still make it home at a decent hour.

Also, anoyone have any suggestions for a date to go to the Bridge? Time is ticking away and it won't be showing much longer! (The Alice in Wonderland IMAX ads are starting to saturate the media)
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Nume fpi sänume

How about the 26th (Friday) for the Bridge? I could also do the 27th, but I have a performance that night, so we would have to be done about 9 PM to make it to the club on time.

Txontaw

Quote from: Nume fpi sänume on February 12, 2010, 12:00:40 PM
How about the 26th (Friday) for the Bridge? I could also do the 27th, but I have a performance that night, so we would have to be done about 9 PM to make it to the club on time.

That could work. I'm going to see if I can use the threat of public transportation to get my dad to drive me. :P
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Esperanto

That could work for me too... what performance? Is it open to anyone, and where is it?

Txontaw

Quote from: Darrigan on February 12, 2010, 01:35:48 PM
That could work for me too... what performance? Is it open to anyone, and where is it?

I think Saturday is the better option, and I wouldn't be able to stay until 9:00 anyway.

Well, if I use public transport, I'm open for anything beyond 2:30.

We should probably buy our tickets a long time before, just in case it will be sold out.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Esperanto

Quote from: Txontaw on February 12, 2010, 02:26:00 PM
We should probably buy our tickets a long time before, just in case it will be sold out.
Yes, especially for the Bridge... I want to buy tickets as soon as we can set a concrete date. For those that haven't been to this IMAX theatre, we will be in theatre 19 downstairs.

Nìota

I think for the Sunday meet up we should go to the 3:30 showing and hang out afterward so that AVATAR is fresh in our minds and we'll have a lot to talk about. :D
Eywa-l oe-yä san menari sìk hawn<ei>u.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Was in Hollywood/Glendale/La Crescenta* for past decade--now in San Diego (Balboa park--or "South Central") :)

* (I still make monthly pilgrimages to Montrose to pick up mail)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Esperanto

Quote from: Nìota on February 12, 2010, 07:50:11 PM
I think for the Sunday meet up we should go to the 3:30 showing and hang out afterward so that AVATAR is fresh in our minds and we'll have a lot to talk about. :D
I agree, and that will give the people that can't stay late a chance to get to home/work/wherever. YAY! PLANS ARE COMING TOGETHER! :D

...sorry... I haven't seen Avatar in weeks and I'm excited as all hell. ;D

Nìota

Quote from: Darrigan on February 13, 2010, 03:34:00 AM
I agree, and that will give the people that can't stay late a chance to get to home/work/wherever. YAY! PLANS ARE COMING TOGETHER! :D

...sorry... I haven't seen Avatar in weeks and I'm excited as all hell. ;D

Very good point as well. And even though I'm going to see it again, tomorrow... >_>... I agree! YAY!!!

Nume fpi sänume

I'm terribly busy most of the time these days, and dont get to check this section of the forum. When we decide on a time/date for Bridge, would someone please e-mail me the info? [email protected] is my e-mail, it would make my life much simpler :D Thanks.

Txep Txelan

Well, shucks, I open on Mon the 22nd so I have to be at work at 4:30am, so any afternoon or evening shows are out for me because of drive time to and from Irvine.  On Fri the 26th I'm working nights, so that day is unfortunately out too.  Sat the 27th at the Bridge I would be free for any showing that day.   :) 
"Mawey na'viyä mawey!" - Neytiri

Nìota

I just got back from the Arclight Dome. OMG I can't stand the 3D tech there! Heavy glasses, glitchy screen, and vertigo feeling that I didn't get at the Edwards screens. :/  But the movie props were awesome to see! And it was great to go in knowing a little more of what was being said. ^-^

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Nìota on February 14, 2010, 04:34:31 AM
I just got back from the Arclight Dome. OMG I can't stand the 3D tech there! Heavy glasses, glitchy screen, and vertigo feeling that I didn't get at the Edwards screens. :/  But the movie props were awesome to see! And it was great to go in knowing a little more of what was being said. ^-^

Oh no! Don't say that! Say it isn't troo!! Before I abandoned LA for it's hot southern sister the Arclight was the creme-de-la-creme (set to rival the Chinese and the El Capitan!) for movie-going experience. Just like my (home town) beloved land of fallen angels, I see the theater has aged ungracefully. Poo! Poo on a stick!! Well, we have something called "real 3-D here" and the glasses aren't as bad as they used to be, and the screens are nice, but the IMAX is always always always sold out, so I have been stuck so far with plain old boring 3-D.

:'(

AND we have 90% less grafitti!  :)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Txep Txelan

Okay, I've been thinkin' last night and I'm gonna try to switch shifts with another guy on the 22nd so I can make it on the first, as long as it's still lookin' good that we're gonna go, that way I can make the 3:30 show and hang out with everybody and not be jell-o the next morning.  :)  So let me know if the 21st is still on at Irvine.
"Mawey na'viyä mawey!" - Neytiri

Esperanto

Nìota

Oh, it is ON like Donkey Kong!  I just put in the request off today, and there's no good reason for me not to get it.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

what's the date? No promises, but I might be able to drive up from San Diego.

Nìota

ATM we are discussing a 3:30pm show on Sunday, February 21st. :) There will also be one on a to-be-determined day in the weekend after that. Do I have my details correct?

P.S. I hope you can make it on Sunday, Kaltxì Palulukan!, because I fangirl your forum name and am impressed by your discourse here.  ;)

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I am a troll who lives under a bridge and tries to eat passing goats. But who remembers that old story anyway? But I thank you--there was a time when Tìng (now a mod), kìnìtomum, technowraith and I had the funniest threads going. I miss those days (er... early January--it feels so long ago!), but I do try to prowl around the forums looking for places to place bad jokes.

Specifically Avatar: I would love to make it. I have to be in LA tomorrow (business, and a friend's birthday), so THIS Sunday might not be possible--unless business is good this week. Business has been rrrreally slow since xmas, so I have not been going anywhere. I am 3 weeks overdue for an Avatar outing, and going with friends (even online friends) would be a hoot!

:)