Minnesota?

Started by luv_navi, January 18, 2010, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luv_navi

Hikyuuri

Yep.  I live in Minnesota.  South of Woodbury, if you know where that is.  South East of the Twin Cities area.

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

Tanhìyärina'

I'm in Duluth.  (Just moved here last summer.)  The Cities aren't too far, but I work a lot and don't have much free time to go anywhere. 
Fitseng lu oe, tìftia kìfkeyä seri.

Kxliopì

Minneapolis. Still very new, however. Kaltxì!

jahvi

I'en Olo'eyktan

Minnesota doesn't seem very popular. Haha Rochester myself. Only one if my city trying to learn this stuff except for a couple friends.

Lehrrap Txum

Yah Minnesotan here. Just west of the Twin Cities

Glyfire

I am! Just a little west of the Twin cities. 8)

Lorey

I'm pretty much in between the Twin Cities.

I'm at the very beginnings of my learning so if someone one would like to help me find a way to get started, that'd be awesome. I find learning a language while interacting with someone else is the easiest, so if that's the same for one of you, I'd love to meet up. Or even Skype is fine too!

Tanhìyärina'

Welcome, Lorey!  Seems like there are a few people in the Twin Cities area so I hope you find someone to practice with!  There are some great resources on here too-- the Learn Na'vi Activity Book is great, and there are some audio lessons on here-- even some podcasts, I think, so you can at least listen to the language.

Lorey

Thanks Tanhìyärina'. I noticed those too and was planning on getting started with those right away.

It's too bad your up north while everyone here is in the cities  :-\

Tanhìyärina'

Yeah, it's only a 3 hour drive, but to make it both ways in a day is a bit tiring.

And [ya dere] hey, I saw your comment on the accents "up north" in the greeting thread.  ;)  Honestly, when I moved here, I expected to hear a stronger accent than I do.  It was a bit disappointing.  However, I think "up north" is always further north than where you are.  Just like "old" is always at least 10 years older than your age.

Lorey

hrh

I didn't mean up north as in Duluth. I have a cabin near there so I've been up there since I was born. I meant more up north than that. Near the boundary waters and such.

Tanhìyärina'

Quote from: Lorey on June 29, 2010, 06:58:59 AM
hrh

I didn't mean up north as in Duluth. I have a cabin near there so I've been up there since I was born. I meant more up north than that. Near the boundary waters and such.

hrh! 

I'm not originally from here, so when I moved here and someone asked me, "have you been up north?" I wanted to say, "this is up north!"

I haven't been to the boundary waters, but I hear they're beautiful.

Lorey

but it's true, the accent is worse as you go further north! and you're right, D town is up north, just not the 'north' that everyone means  ;)  I think it's a denial tactic hrh

edit: oh wait.. I just called myself in denial! hrh fail on my part.

Aaraventi

Im from grand rapids :)

jou

I'm in Thunder Bay, ON. Within driving distance of Duluth. I go there regularily to shop.