Pacific Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho

Started by Coyote, January 12, 2010, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanmäkx

kharul_karyu

Dude... the IMAX at the Science Center... It's sold out.

I mean, I'll still go and hang out with you all. I got a slight headache from a number of things having the illusion of being super-close to my face, back on the 31st of January... so I'm not totally bummed. I'll see it again on the day before or something, though.

No worries.
I love to think about random stuff. I hope perhaps you do, too! :D

kharul_karyu

Well, to reserve tickets on the 14th with Kent (or any other theater), it looks like we are going to have to wait a few days. I guess that's good enough so we all can get on the same page, on a certain time anyhow.

http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=72011&tstate=3&rel=&SearchZip=98032&ShowDate=6&SearchRadius=40

Right now, to get a ticket, availability only goes up to February 11th, no further. And mind you, this is only with AMC-affiliated theaters. I'm sure if we wanted to, surely there'd be other options for Avatar in Seattle.

BTW: what is the difference between Avatar IMAX and Avatar 3D? LOL, you'd think everyone would know this by now, but not me! *dunce* :-\ :P

Rolyu

Imax is a BIG BIG curved screen with incredible sound and a crystal clear picture.  If you go to the right theater.  Some places try to sell you an Imax ticket but there's not difference except the screen is a tiny bit bigger.  I don't think Kent has an Imax.  There's a really good one in Tukwila, and another in Bellevue.

Im up for that on the 14th, in the afternoon, though I would suggest Tukwila or Bellevue because the theater's better and we have a better chance of getting in with a decent crowd.  (Last time I watched avatar, the middle aged man next to me chronically talked and farted.  It was terrible. That was in Spokane)

And you gotta do the IMAX.

Sanmäkx

Quote from: kharul_karyu on February 05, 2010, 11:41:00 PMDude... the IMAX at the Science Center... It's sold out.

Some time slots are, but not all. 8:55pm on Saturday the 13th is open, as are 10:55am, 5:35pm, and 8:55pm on Sunday the 14th.

kharul_karyu

Quote from: Rolyu on February 06, 2010, 01:50:27 AM
Imax is a BIG BIG curved screen with incredible sound and a crystal clear picture.  If you go to the right theater.  Some places try to sell you an Imax ticket but there's not difference except the screen is a tiny bit bigger.  I don't think Kent has an Imax.  There's a really good one in Tukwila, and another in Bellevue.

Im up for that on the 14th, in the afternoon, though I would suggest Tukwila or Bellevue because the theater's better and we have a better chance of getting in with a decent crowd.  (Last time I watched avatar, the middle aged man next to me chronically talked and farted.  It was terrible. That was in Spokane)

And you gotta do the IMAX.

Well, I wore 3D glasses in Kent. And I kept my ticket stub too, it says IMAX on it...

kharul_karyu

...ON THE OTHER HAND...

maybe if I picked another theater to go to, I wouldn't get a headache from the falling dust after Hometree falls.

*fingers crossed*

Eaite Randjam

If you want to know where the official IMAX and 3D IMAX theaters are, go to http://www.imax.com/theatres and search our region.

MaTe

right... with the speed of making this decision I think we need to go for Lincoln... 2:45pm 14th sun?
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

If there is IMAX printed on the ticket, then it is an IMAX theater, it's a brand name. The screen may be smaller than other IMAXs though, I know the one we have at Spokane AMC is smaller than the full sized on in the park (Though it will still always be a lot bigger than any normal sized screen.) What makes it IMAX is not only the screen size, but the projector. That's what delivers the high quality picture.

The differences between IMAX 3D and Digital Real 3D is huge. IMAX glasses don't dull the pictures while the Digital 3D is kinda like wearing sunglasses. Also with IMAX you're going to get a lot better sound quality. In the end, Avatar was made for IMAX and you can tell.

(I work at an AMC theater, so this stuff is drilled into us).

Anywho, I'm cool for whatever time works for Roylu. If possible I would love to see it at the Pacific Science Center or another full size IMAX, but I wouldn't be surprise if it was completely sold out. We need to get our act together and buy tickets soon! I laugh so hard when people show up ten minutes before show time and see that Avatar is sold out, I don't want to be one of those people.

Kent AMC tickets probably won't be open until Tues-Wed if they operated like our theater.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

MaTe

Lincoln will have tickets 2 days before the show.
the only Valid show that's still open in Pacific is 5pm one on Sun 14th.

There is no significant difference between Pacific and Lincoln IMAX.
Where is my NDD fix?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Sunday would be fine with me! People need to get on before we confirm it.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

kharul_karyu

As long as I don't get a slight "tinge-y" of a headache from the movie... by being at a different theater, I'll consider the meetup a success, most likely.

Even if I start getting headaches, whatever theater it's at... well, I guess the rocks go with the farm?

But on the basis on size, I'm a total novice. Don't quote me on anything relating to measurements, figurative or literal, whatever they are of. Sorry...?

[Edit: BTW: I'm okay with anything. I pre-confirm. Really. Trust me. I'll follow.]

MaTe

I'll wait till tommorow for people to confirm and will go buy tickets, so we all guaranteed to have one. Price will be around 10$ - I get a discount for the first 4, so the more people, the higher is the average price.
Where is my NDD fix?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

How many people do are we talking here.

I know my group will be three at least (Me, Roylu, and a friend not from this board but who is awesome, possibly one more)
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

kharul_karyu

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well, I was referring to the group I was staying with.

Still we're up to six.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

vrrtep tsamsiyu

Where and when are you all planning on meeting?

Sanmäkx

2:45pm on Sunday the 14th at Lincoln sounds good. Count me in for a ticket, MaTe.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well, that's when the film starts. I think we all know we want to arrive early to get good seats, and talk to each other of course!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng