Pacific Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho

Started by Coyote, January 12, 2010, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTe

Quote from: Sanmäkx on February 06, 2010, 11:34:06 PM
2:45pm on Sunday the 14th at Lincoln sounds good. Count me in for a ticket, MaTe.

current one is 5:35 at Pacific.
If tickets runout in 14hrs (when I will be there) then we'll go for 2:45 Lincoln, but I won't be buying them because I don't have a discount at Lincoln and the tickets will be available till Friday at least.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Pacific would be best, Lincoln a good second. Either way I say we all meet up earlier so we can chat and get to know one another.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Sanmäkx

Quote from: MaTe on February 07, 2010, 02:04:14 AM
current one is 5:35 at Pacific.
If tickets runout in 14hrs (when I will be there) then we'll go for 2:45 Lincoln, but I won't be buying them because I don't have a discount at Lincoln and the tickets will be available till Friday at least.

Ah, okay; I misunderstood. Regardless, that Sunday's wide open for me.

Quote from: Tìng Eywatikìte'e on February 07, 2010, 02:07:53 AM
Either way I say we all meet up earlier so we can chat and get to know one another.

Naturally. Also, assuming PacSci goes through, we'll want to arrive at the theater at least an hour prior to the scheduled start so that we may secure a good position in the waiting line.

Coyote

PM cell phone numbers and descriptions to each other so you can locate one-another. Maybe wear something blue?

Unless you're all just going in full make up!  :D
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Rolyu

Ok wait so what's the plan?

I need a time and a Location:

My number is 206-249-3325
And how much will it cost.

Let's get a plan set and have everyone who can adhere to it.
I get we're meeting on Sunday, but where?

And where are we seeing the movie at?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

So we're trying to see it at the Pacific Science Center at 5:35 on Sunday. MaTe will buy tickets in advance and we'll all pay them back. Don't know what the ticket price is, at my theater it's 13.75, so something around that?

We want to be there at least an hour early just to get in line, but can meet up earlier to chat and maybe grab a coffee and what not.

Sound good to everybody?
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eyaye Tskxe

Just saying that I might pop in if you guys and gals are doing it at the Science Center IMAX, depending on my schedule. I'll get tickets myself if I do, but I wanted to let you all know that there may be an extra guy showin' up.

On a slightly related note, how are we going to know who's from the site? Coyote said wear blue, but there could be a lot of people wearing blue that aren't from this site.

MaTe

I got 9 tickets:

MaTe - 1
Sanmakx - 1
Ting Eywatikite'e - 2 +1?
Kaiateya - 1?
kharul_karyu - 1
Roylu - 1

+1 extra for whoever decides to drop in. (I won't have a problem selling it if noone grabs it).

the price is 11$ each - they decided to limit the number of discounted tickets to 2 for Avatar because it's soldout anyway.

Ting Eywatikite'e, Kaiateya - please confirm your's.

you can find my photo http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4025/4230645692_92e123ab2f_o.jpg
, PM for phone .

Now, where and when should we meet? some generic coffee place? the show starts at 5:55 according to tickets(I know that it's listed as 5:35 online, the tickets do say 14th feb 2010 avatar imax 5:55pm).
Where is my NDD fix?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

I won't be able confirm my extra ticket until Tuesday *growls* but if they don't come it can be given to an extra person who wants to drop in! I'm sure we convince someone >.>

Well I don't know Seattle all that well and don't know how well Roylu knows that area. I say we meet up at a big landmark that every one knows, then move to coffee shop.

Why don't we meet up at the science center? That's easy enough?

Weird that the ticket says a different time, let's pretend like it starts at 5 35 just to be safe.

We'll want to get in line around 430ish...So I say we meet up around 330-345ish? That gives us enough time to get to wander a bit (finding internet cafe's to do a random forum check XD) and get to know each other before plunking down and waiting. 
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Kaiatéya

No, I won't be able to come :( I'm sorry if I made it sound like I could. I just really want to. I have a number of friends who live in Seattle though, I'll see if any of them wants to take it :)

Rolyu

If you have an extra ticket, can my boyfriend come if he doesn't have work that day? 

And if not can you get one more?
Meeting at 3:30 doesn't actually give us very much time.  I think we should meet up around one or two.
The internet Cafes downtown are pretty sparse, but the coffee shops all have free wifi.

I would prefer we didn't go to Starbucks.  I'm mad at them at the moment.  (It's their fault my favorite Cutter's Point is going out of business.)
There's a Tully's down by Pike Place that makes AMAZING white chocolate mochas.  :D  They have wifi.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well it looks like we have a few extra tickets, so I'm sure Leo could snatch one up if needed.

I'm all for meeting up earlier, wandering around Seattle is always fun.

And we should always stay away from Starbucks >.> They couldn't make a cup of coffee to save their lives *growl*

I'll have my laptop with me, so I'm cool with just free Wi-Fi (Oh the life of a mod, I feel the need to check in every few hours *sigh*)
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

MaTe

I got 9 tickets:

MaTe - 1
Sanmakx - 1
Ting Eywatikite'e - 2 +1?
kharul_karyu - 1
Roylu - 1 + 1?

6 confirmed 2 tentative 1-3 extra :)

It's cool if you know by tuesday. I will wait till end of wednesday and then will start actively getting rid of extras... maybe average price will be reduced too.

We can meet earlier than that - talking, walking the pier - don't think it will be boring %)
Where is my NDD fix?

Rolyu

Alright.  Ill ask him if he has the time off when he gets home from work.  Thanks.

At least we're on the same page about the Starbucks thing.
I hope the weather holds up.
Basically all the coffee places have free wifi.  And Landon and I can hack into the Sheridan wifi (by Gameworks) as well.  Though its hella slow!  ^^

And I know certain parts of downtown really well.  
Where we meet up depends a lot on transportation.  I know the areas near Pike Place, the Convention Center, West Lake, and Pioneer Square (probably don't want to hang out there lol)
Since parking anywhere in Seattle is a b**** right now, especially near the Science Center, I'm going to bus in.  The inner city buses are easy to get around on.

My suggestion is that we meet up here:  

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Tully%27s&sll=47.611326,-122.342564&sspn=0.001087,0.003103&ie=UTF8&radius=0.07&rq=1&ev=zi&hq=Tully%27s&hnear=&ll=47.611252,-122.342377&spn=0,359.993793&z=18&layer=c&cbll=47.611186,-122.342459&panoid=yYKKprQw1Lu-dauiSSlrTw&cbp=12,312.56,,0,5

It's the Tully's right up the hill from Pike Place, on first and Virginia.  It's easy to find, and we can hang out there, get coffee, do our wifi, and then take a short bus ride (or hop in someone's car) to the science center.  I would personally prefer to bus there because parking in Seattle is evil.

What do you think of that?

Kaiatéya

I'm going to ask around and see if there's a way I can come still. It's a long-ish drive from Portland, but a trip to Seattle might be fun for v-day/b-day anyway. If you find others to fill up the tickets then go ahead and give them out. I'll definitely let you know before Tuesday.

Rolyu

I just realized that my brother Will is visiting that weekend, and he would love to be able to come!  0.0 Is that one extra still up for grabs?
I'm sorry Kaiateya if I'm taking your ticket...  maybe we need to get more?

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Billy is gunna be there? Hmm well it looks like we have a few extra tickets...
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Rolyu

if you and I confirm our tentative tickets, then there is one extra, which I feel I must try to get for my bro.  XD

EDIT:  BTW this is by far the most active meet up thread here.  Go NW!

Kaiatéya

If you have a use for it for someone who you know is coming, please do take it. :) I've been kinda scrambling around to figure out a way I could come since a ticket was bought for me .. but honestly I'm fine without.

Coming to Seattle that day still sounds like a fun idea and even if I can't go to the movie, I might still come hang out at the coffee shop or whatever if we make it up there.

Oh and yeah, we are totally destroying any other meetup threads ;D

MaTe

seems like 6 of you are sort of a family. I don't think those will be gone by tuesday anyway.

how does our transportation looks like? I can pickup up to 3 from reasonable places (or would not mind if someone picks me up at Bellevue downtown).
Where is my NDD fix?