Pacific Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho

Started by Coyote, January 12, 2010, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildchild22

ShadowedSin

\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.

Kaiatéya

Quote from: Uniltìranyu on January 26, 2010, 01:06:57 AM
Ayoeng ultxasì si. Oe-l nihonko-ti (Japanese?) plltxe tsun. (今晩は!)

Nice! ^_^ I am guessing Nihongo would be fine as an approximation in Na'vi too actually. It just sounds a bit slurred.

That's actually where I learned my Na'vi vowels (besides ä and ì anyway). Hawaiian's vowels are very similar but the 'a' is quite different -- it's more of a schwa, and I keep trying to slide those into Na'vi because it has a similar sound in a lot of ways. e.g. vowel strings -- Aiea, HI: Ay-eh-ah. And of course 'okina (glottal stop) -- Hawai'i -- Huh-vai-ee. I keep trying to say Nuh'vi :)

Back to topic: Yes! The Portland area people ought to have a coffee meetup or something, some time...

vrrtep tsamsiyu

Quote from: wildchild22 on January 26, 2010, 02:36:30 AM
i live about 10 minutes from Auburn, Wa

Nice me too. I live in the fife area, what about you?

kharul_karyu

I live in Olympia, Washington.

I'm kinda bummed that with all the hype of this movie that the meetup sections aren't more filled up. At least having a meetup here in Washington.
I love to think about random stuff. I hope perhaps you do, too! :D

Eaite Randjam

Well, if anyone is willing to come to the Tri-Cities, we have a convention coming up called Rad-Con.  Plenty to do around here if anyone likes Golfing, Bowling, Wine, Hockey, Indoor Football, etc.

Conversely, we could meet up somewhere else.  However this should all be sorted out in the Conventions sub-forum.  :)

Kaiatéya

Tri-Cities.. Spokane? I'd be afraid to drive the roads anywhere there's snow right now ;D

(me = Portlander = snow wimp)

Eaite Randjam

Well right now there isn't any snow here in the Tri-Cities.  I don't know about up farther north in Spokane.

Besides, if you'd rather, we could have a meet up in the middle of summer when it's in the High nineties here.  ;)

Also, I don't blame you for being uneasy about driving in the snow.  There's always those who don't have the sense to slow down in less than ideal conditions.

Kaiatéya

Sorry ... I thought Tri-Cities meant the Spokane area! I was just educated on this point earlier today and had to do a little face-palm when I remembered what I posted here ;D

I mentioned in the introductions thread that I thought I'd make an early attempt at a meet-up. :) Is there anyone that works or goes to school near downtown Portland? ...and anyone want to try to meet up at the Starbucks in Pioneer Square? It's a nice central, neutral spot :)

kharul_karyu

I have seen a couple of people cite Portland as where they are from. I'd be willing to be at the meet-up of Portland-ers, provided, of course, that they would be there. I live in Olympia, Washington. :P :/ :(

But I'd still go...! If there were "a lot" of people attending. I'd say over 4 people is a nice crowd...

Kaiatéya

Nifty :) Olympia is a bit of a drive but not terrible.

I'm in for whenever, if a time/place is decided.

kharul_karyu

It makes more sense (to me) to have one person drive down to Portland than to have a couple drive north.

I mean, even a meet in Chehalis/Centralia is okay. But I think the chances are high I would probably drive the whole way down.

Coyote

I certainly won't be able to do anything this spur-of-the-moment (such as it is) but I'm interested in seeing how easily this plays out. If people are interested, we could try a mini-con sometime. My preferred location would be the Troutdale McMenamin's, near Portland, but there are other places to consider.

For those unfamiliar with McMenamin's, I recommend checking them out: http://www.mcmenamins.com/

They are all over the Northwest Coast areas (and some inland, like Sisters, Oregon) and they specialize in taking old, run down and condemned buildings and renovating them into really cool, retro hotels and pubs.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

kharul_karyu

See? This is what I'm talking about! Portland offers much more than, well, Olympia can, certainly Chehalis/Centralia. Remember, even Olympia is kind of boring...

MaTe

I'm up for a drive to Portland if enough people are there... also always welcome someone around seattle area.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Rolyu

If I could carpool I'd go down to Portland, though Seattle is my preferred location.  ^^  I live in Covington.  Just marked my spot on the map.  Yay!

Yes.... mini-con.
Who wants to be in charge of planning that?  Cause we can talk about how cool it is, or we can make it happen, preferably before Ting Eywatikite'e moves overseas!!  :-[

Or after I guess... I would just be fun to see it happen. 
Did you know that the Sakura-con started with just a handful of people?

kharul_karyu

WHAT?? Seattle?

I think I need to rethink everything.  :-\

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Quote from: Carmen on February 01, 2010, 05:10:31 PM
If I could carpool I'd go down to Portland, though Seattle is my preferred location.  ^^  I live in Covington.  Just marked my spot on the map.  Yay!

Yes.... mini-con.
Who wants to be in charge of planning that?  Cause we can talk about how cool it is, or we can make it happen, preferably before Ting Eywatikite'e moves overseas!!  :-[

Or after I guess... I would just be fun to see it happen. 
Did you know that the Sakura-con started with just a handful of people?

*attacks her love* It's about time you got here!

Well it looks more and more like I'm going to be in your area from 12th-15th of Feb, so if anyone wants to say hi to me, let's get planning!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

ShadowedSin

\Shadow's Sin
A Blog discussion Amazon and notes for the Arrow Child Novella!

Arrow Child
An Online Serial Novel and the first story in the Amazon Diaspora Saga.