Pacific Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho

Started by Coyote, January 12, 2010, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTe

So....
anyone wants to organize Portland or East WA meetup? :)
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Eaite Randjam

Eastern Washington would be right up my alley.  I can't think of any events that would be a good draw, only going to see Avatar (for me, a second time).  If it's gonna be for Eastern Washington we'd be looking at Spokane, Kennewick/Pasco/Richland, or Yakima (which is really south central Washington) as our major cities.

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Well I'm in Spokane, so if I'm free I'd be sure to meet up with anyone around!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eaite Randjam

Same thing with me, here in Kennewick.  Unfortunate to say that I'm limited by the distance I can ride the transit system and my bicycle around here though...

It sucks not having a job.

Rolyu

Ill be in Eastern WA for my Spring break....
Third week of March.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Rolyu on February 16, 2010, 12:54:08 AM
Ill be in Eastern WA for my Spring break....
Third week of March.
O really?

Whereabouts are you going?

Rolyu

Im sure I'll be staying somewhere in Chewelah, but I will definitely be in Spokane to visit Ting.

kharul_karyu

Brief update on the tale of the Wiki's...

Had I known how much time this would take, copy from one wiki, paste in another... maybe I would have had the forethought on grabbing the wiki address from Sanmäkx earlier. Man, have I worked myself into a tired spell. 24 hours ago I was on my way home from IMAX. Not up past midnight, again. *groan*

Funny how I named myself a "teacher" WAY BEFORE I did anything like this. There were so many parenthesis around single words or word groupings as I went along, that there were capitalized sentences, too, crazy brackets and such I don't know what they mean, beyond the obvious Na'vi contractions, past participles and such. IT'S ALL GREEK!!! I guess I will chalk this up to a first full day as a student teacher. Something. *sigh*

Funny how a youtube audio recording of sully rallying the clan or random phrases move me. I guess I'll need the proverbial box of Kleenex when I do snag my copy. But what I'm really looking forward to is definite lines, like a fully subtitled DVD... for EVERY Na'vi line... far easier in terms of specifics. And though it wasn't in any of the movies I've seen, vanilla or IMAX, i can relate to how Neytiri mutters "these people" or "these sky people" when she throws Jake's torch in the water, as documented in the two wiki's. I've said it too (these people). Don't hold it against me. Ugh. I'm gonna laugh out loud in joy if scenes just like that one happens to be subtitled in the final release.

Feel free to edit the Learn Na'vi wiki if you find the need to make a correction. We all learn by collaborating. And no, I guess this isn't that brief after all. But back to scheduled programming anyway.
I love to think about random stuff. I hope perhaps you do, too! :D

Sanmäkx

Quote from: kharul_karyu on February 16, 2010, 03:11:37 AM
I'm gonna laugh out loud in joy if scenes just like that one happens to be subtitled in the final release.

Pfft. By the time the DVD comes out, you'll have mastered Na'vi and won't need subtitles, oe eyawr lu?!

kharul_karyu

Quote from: Sanmäkx on February 16, 2010, 03:18:25 AM
Quote from: kharul_karyu on February 16, 2010, 03:11:37 AM
I'm gonna laugh out loud in joy if scenes just like that one happens to be subtitled in the final release.

Pfft. By the time the DVD comes out, you'll have mastered Na'vi and won't need subtitles, oe eyawr lu?!

*with the point he made was killed, Kha'rul looks defeated*

IlccEyren

Kaltxì everyone. I live in Idaho Falls, ID which i will be leaving soon to go to rexburg. anybody else around this place? I'm a major beginner but thats cause languages has never been my strong suit so i'm slow yet determined :P
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Coyote

I'm in Boise, we have another in Burley and another in the Lewiston area.

A fairly large-ish gathering was just held on Valentine's Day in Seattle by a Portland/Seattle/Spokane group, so I'm hoping at some future point we can arrange something much larger.
In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

kharul_karyu

Anyone from the Seattle area going to the ComicCon? Just wondering.

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

March 13th & 14th @ Washington State Convention Center

Rolyu

IlccEyren

Haha, I cant wait for a Na'vi-con to get organized that would probably help everyone trying to learn. But anyways I see people are going to comicon and other things and I'm just wondering if anybody here goes or even know about fur-cons. some of them being further confusion, and anthrocon. To be honest any fur must agree that Na'vi is the ultimate fur haha. if there is anybody out there then heck maybe i could have a na'vi buddy at one of them. iranyo
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Coyote

Well, Na'vi aren't really "furry" since they have... no fur.  ;D

But I am very familiar with the furry crowd; I was at ConFurEnce for many years selling my graphic novels that I culled together from the story I made in Yarf!'s early years. From 1990-1996 I was pretty much a regular at those cons, and then after my story ended I pretty much stopped. I hear ConFurEnce went on for a few more years after that but then it sputtered and died in the early 2000's.

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

MaTe

Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Rolyu

Furries scare me.
O.O I always seem to get molested by them.

IlccEyren

haha maybe you need to find the right furries. Its sad that ConFurEnce died out. didnt even ever hear about it as i only got into it about 4 years ago.

Rolyu

A chubby furry obsessed girl grabbed my boobs at school yesterday.  :0

I didn't know what to do about that.