Previous topic - Next topic

kharul_karyu

I love to think about random stuff. I hope perhaps you do, too! :D

Sanmäkx

Quote from: kharul_karyu on February 26, 2010, 09:12:26 PM
These demons forbidden forever?  :-\

tsay-vrrtep  fra-tseng(e) lu kxanì     fra-krr
those-demons every-place  be forbidden every-time
Those demons are forbidden everywhere, forever!

Assuming that frakrr works for "forever".

I'm railing against the deception that is IMAX Digital.

kharul_karyu

Quote from: Sanmäkx on February 26, 2010, 09:26:11 PM
Quote from: kharul_karyu on February 26, 2010, 09:12:26 PM
These demons forbidden forever?  :-\

tsay-vrrtep  fra-tseng(e) lu kxanì     fra-krr
those-demons every-place  be forbidden every-time
Those demons are forbidden everywhere, forever!

Assuming that frakrr works for "forever".

I'm railing against the deception that is IMAX Digital.

I seemed to find it meant forever in one of my "endless" Na'vi .pdf material (12 different documents of pocket guides, various dictionaries and worksheets).

Ahum... anyway, isn't any venue that shows a possible world of Pandora in some form is worth the weight of a dump truck in gold? I mean, actual gold?

tsamna

Anybody in Idaho we should meet up sometime. I'm in burley, so talk to me
Go climbing, its better for you than xbox.

Kaiatéya

Quote from: Sanmäkx on February 26, 2010, 07:20:57 PM
<flails> Tsayvrrtep fratsenge lu kxanì frakrr!

Hah, that's awesome ;D I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree though -- I just think it should be called something else. It's still better than RealD.

Quote from: kharul_karyu on February 26, 2010, 08:39:07 PMhis sense of longing, to squeeze dirt between his toes, was just a "lifelong need" to become in awe of Nature, the same need that I guess we all feel, such as yourself.

I feel it every day. It's like an old ache that you try to tune out most of the time but .. can't quite. I grew up in concrete jungles with occasional trips out. I get out of the city whenever I have the chance. I do appreciate the conveniences, but I think that out there is necessary to our sanity. "We will see .. if your insanity .. can be cured." I think of that every time I wander around a big city :)

kharul_karyu

I saw a YouTube video of a native from the country of India earlier in the week, where he was apparently invited to London to plead his case to some giant mega-corporation to not mine from the mountain that his tribe sees as a God (déjà vu, eh?). "We must protect him so he can protect us" was something like the belief of this native. Anyway, from the subtitles, he was annoyed, angered or sickened that there were no forests, there were no mountains, just a whole lot of asphalt and concrete towers as he traveled about in London, before going back to his tribe in India.

It's sad to understand that there is this madness, ongoing, today and it's actually "pretty darned okay" to us, which what I mean is that the tribe is "unknown" unless you look for it. Before I discovered Survival International... which was probably about a month ago, I never knew any of this. NOTHING. But now... now, I'm shocked and dismayed.  :( :( :(

Speaking of being shocked and dismayed... that's an understatement for me when I think about Ayn Rand anymore. I don't know who here is aware of her, but I have been sickened by her, like an hour or two ago. Ugh. I had known her to be a long favorite for Republicans, but I guess today was the day for me to really know who she was and who inspires her. Don't go Googling "William Edward Hickman" with her name, you might be asking for trouble.  :( :( :(

Well, for those that read her... they are turned to be... apparently uncaring people that turn around and want to kill social programs, starve the federal government of money... thereby actually destroying human lives... and stuff. Um, that Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times," I think it's now way true. I don't know anymore. I don't know why this is happening.  :( :( :(

What I'm saying is be careful around those who favor Ayn Rand. I still can't believe how popular she is today, validating, justifying or accepting of her thoughts. This is utter sickness. I guess people have lost all moral feeling once they finish a book of hers, or a few books of hers. I don't understand this.

I'm sorry. I really want to go back out now, somewhere. I want to get away or time travel or something. :( :( :(

Kaiatéya

I hate to be the one to say it, but maybe we should make another thread for this stuff. :) I do love the conversation, I just don't want to drown out the meet-up talk.

Ayn Rand .. yes. It's true that one must look out for and value oneself, but it's also true that she's often used as a justification for the worst, most socially and environmentally destructive kinds of selfishness. (Sort of her whole point, really.)

kharul_karyu

Well... even though I'm the "last person on Earth" to really understand missionaries or Ayn Rand, at least I'm one of the first to get this memo.

Uhm, lead the way, Kaiatéya.

MaTe

last weekend was really nice and I was sad to miss it, so yesterday I got to my first Mt. Si hike this year. was pretty surprised to manage it in 1:25 without being in a hurry, though - last year it took 5 hikes to get to this kind of timing. So, with low-snow winter, the hiking season is officially open %)
Si is the most accessible local mountain to hike 4miles, 3200ft gain, nice trail all the way up through the forest. on top there is a 200ft "Haystack" rock with a nice fun scramble to the top.

here are a few photos and a link to the album.

Iknimaya (AKA Haystack rock)
Anyone want to play "Spot a Na'Vi" game? :)
that rain cloud...guess which direction is Seattle :) (it's actually in the top left corner, between bodies of water - you can barely see skyscrappers)

http://img256.imageshack.us/g/dsc01568a.jpg/

how this belongs to "Meetup" - some time ago there was a talk about hikes, but I was wrong to plan to wait till april-may.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Kesìltsamsiyu

Gonna be honest, I'm a bit too lazy to read though 24 pages of posts to figure out what's going on, but I figure I should probably check in. I live in the U District, Seattle.

Also, keep me in the loop if any hike planning happens, Unless you guys are super hardcore and run up things, I'm not in that good of shape. I'll keep an eye on this thread also.

Out of curiosity, are there any plans to see one of the last showings of Avatar at the Science Center Imax? That thing is beautiful.
Phase I: IPTG -> GFP
Phase III: Avatar Botany

Rolyu

I don't have any more money, just spent the last on our trip a couple weeks ago.

I would love to go see it again one last time, and meet up with another Seattle local.  (I'm in Kent BTW.)

I can clean, garden, and do random chores if someone wants to buy me a ticket!  :D

Kaiatéya

Aww. I wish it wasn't so far to drive up there. I'd get you a ticket if it meant seeing it at Pac Sci one more time :)

MaTe

last show at Pacific is on March 2nd... Other IMAXes - 4th, I'm going for 6-30 at Bellevue Lincoln.
Where is my NDD fix?

Rolyu

Kesìltsamsiyu

Quote from: MaTe on February 28, 2010, 05:19:39 PM
last show at Pacific is on March 2nd... Other IMAXes - 4th, I'm going for 6-30 at Bellevue Lincoln.

I dunno, Lincoln square has nice seats, but I think the one at the science center has a better screen/speakers. Are you talking 6:30 today?

Sanmäkx

Quote from: Kireyan on February 28, 2010, 03:27:54 PM
Gonna be honest, I'm a bit too lazy to read though 24 pages of posts to figure out what's going on, but I figure I should probably check in. I live in the U District, Seattle.

It's about time another UW student reported in. I'm a Hansee resident, but most of my time is spent down in Sieg in the animation lab.

Rolyu

I promised I'd help an old friend with homework this evening, otherwise I would be all over that like a hobo on a ham sandwich.

Kesìltsamsiyu

Quote from: Sanmäkx on February 28, 2010, 06:45:12 PM
Quote from: Kireyan on February 28, 2010, 03:27:54 PM

It's about time another UW student reported in. I'm a Hansee resident, but most of my time is spent down in Sieg in the animation lab.

Crazy. I live in Nordheim (Just north of the U village), but most of my time is spent under CSE/EE. I have a couple friends in Hansee.

Edit: The rest of the showings that I can make it to at pac sci are sold out :< Damned afternoon labs. Looks like it's off to Lincoln square. I don't think I'll be going today, considering that my apartment is in desperate need of cleaning and I have a couple friends who want to come, but can't do so today.

Rolyu

What about Lincoln Square, Tuesday evening?  Sold out yet?

MaTe

Lincoln, Thursday 6-30 - last IMAX show there :) they have 11-55 showing of Alice too, but I have to work on Friday.
Lincoln usually has weekday tickets

Pacific is usually sold out, so you have to be there at least 1hr in advance. Tuesday at Pacific seem to be available still, but you have to arrange for tickets tomorrow if you want to join them.

Edit: 7-30 for Tuesday is soldout at Pacific...
Where is my NDD fix?