Pacific Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho

Started by Coyote, January 12, 2010, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaTe

*on my way way home I realized that Kaltxi Palulukan = Pandoran size Hello Kitty...

Finite state machines? Go read markov chains - they at least can be fun. :)
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Kaiatéya

Quote from: MaTe on March 05, 2010, 10:46:33 AM

Markov chains are a lot more fun :) I wrote a thing once that used markov chains to suck in a big body of text and then start producing random text based on the word orderings. Countless hours were spent laughing at the output of that. I turned it into an IRC bot at one point, and it would learn random things people said and they'd pop back out at random moments, like a Furby. I think one time it even recorded and then revealed someone's password later.

(I can geek with abandon, right? Being here to begin with is about as geeky as one can get .. hehe)

Tsawla Eltu Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Kaiatéya on March 05, 2010, 01:02:07 PM
(Being here to begin with is about as geeky as one can get .. hehe)

I politely disagree.
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Kaiatéya

Ahh, you inspired me MaTe. Irayo, ma tsmukan ;)

Kerby the Markov Oracle

I just wrote a new Markov text generator in Javascript. It's pretty simplistic but it's also already hilarious with the right inputs... "Words are ready, click NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM."

Kesìltsamsiyu

*on my way way home I realized that Kaltxi Palulukan = Pandoran size Hello Kitty...

I will definitely look into this sometime, I've heard of them before and remember being intrigued. As it stands, I'm still trying to wrap my head around all the seeming inconsistencies in verilog.
Phase I: IPTG -> GFP
Phase III: Avatar Botany

Rolyu

Yeah cause it's on my bag!  :)

[url=http://forum.learnnavi.org/learnnavi-merch/new-navi-stuff!!-%28hello-kitty-of-doom!!%29/]http://forum.learnnavi.org/learnnavi-merch/new-navi-stuff!!-%28hello-kitty-of-doom!!%29/[/url]

Idea by Kaltxi Palulukan!  Art by me. 

MaTe

that was a nice day, and all 5 of rollerskating friends decide to find excuses like "ill", "got tickets", "wife demands attention" to not go to Alki. so I went to mailbox peak instead 2.5m +4000ft, 2:00... one of friends does it in 1:30...

http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/mailbox-peak

that mailbox is fun - seen someone playing chess! I mean play-by-mail chess... like everytime you hike up you make a move, and on your next hike you see if another person makes a move. you have no idea whom are you playing with - maybe there were multiple people making turns %) there was a notepad with board drawings and moves.
... and others call 10+ avatar viewings "weird"...

http://forum.learnnavi.org/mgallery/?sa=album;id=26

Rolyu - when you showed it, I did not get the meaning. "Why are you putting someone's nick on your bag???"
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Rolyu

lol.  I see.  ^^ 

That chess thing sounds awesome!  Please post pictures!

Ognuremmler

Kaltxi to the Spokane and surrounding area people.
I live about 10 miles north of the city of Spokane, I just
found this website a few days ago and am looking forward
to learning the language.  I do get around WA state, mostly to the gorge and to aburn and places in between.

Eywa Ngahu

Rolyu

Welcome!  Hopefully we'll see you at the next big get together!

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Ognuremmler on March 08, 2010, 12:08:38 AM
Kaltxi to the Spokane and surrounding area people.
I live about 10 miles north of the city of Spokane, I just
found this website a few days ago and am looking forward
to learning the language.  I do get around WA state, mostly to the gorge and to aburn and places in between.

Eywa Ngahu
Do you visit the Tri-Cities much?  I know I'm just some random snot-nosed 18 year old, but I'd like to actually see someone else who's an Avatar/Na'vi fan around!   ;D

Ognuremmler

@Eaite Randjam
I only get down there when work takes me there, I am hopeful my employer will send
me down there for the speed boat races later this year maybe we can meet up then
or if I get sent down there for something else.

@Rolyu
Yes, deffinatly, maybe by then I will be able to speak some Na'vi  :)

Feiane

Seattlite checking in.

I have been to the Ape Caves and they are pretty awesome. Its been probably 8-10 years since then and I would love to go back :)

Click >> fìtsenge << to learn about a na'vi nì'aw game I'm hosting in a week or two. Please join!

Sanmäkx

Quote from: Feiane on March 22, 2010, 01:35:49 AM
Seattlite checking in.

I have been to the Ape Caves and they are pretty awesome. Its been probably 8-10 years since then and I would love to go back :)

Kaltxì, ma Feiane! Oeru teya si fwa ultxarun fot alahe ta Siätll.

Pesengmì kelku si nga?

Feiane

Oe kelku si sim lefngapa na'rìng Siätllä.

Click >> fìtsenge << to learn about a na'vi nì'aw game I'm hosting in a week or two. Please join!

Kaiatéya

Quote from: Sanmäkx on March 22, 2010, 03:45:24 PM

For educational purposes ;) can you give us your translation of that? I'm a little lost in there.

Sanmäkx

Quote from: Kaiatéya on March 23, 2010, 02:16:41 PM
Quote from: Sanmäkx on March 22, 2010, 03:45:24 PM

For educational purposes ;) can you give us your translation of that? I'm a little lost in there.

Kaltxì, ma  Feiane! Oeru  teya si   fwa          ultxarun    fot            alahe     ta         Siätll.
hello   VOC Feiane  I-DAT full make that(fì'u=a) chance.meet person-PLU-ACC other-ADJ from(gen.) Seattle
Hello, Feiane! It pleases me to meet (unexpectedly) other people from Seattle.

Quote from: Feiane on March 22, 2010, 07:44:21 PM
Oe kelku si sim lefngapa na'rìng Siätllä.

Peseng mì Siätll? Nga sim *numetsengur atsawl Wasingtonä?

Feiane

Oops, I forgot about this thread.

I prefer not to mention exactly where I live. I don't live in the University District. I live close enough to get anywhere from UW to White Center in <1 hr by bus. The Ave has some pretty good places to eat and its cheaper than downtown as I'm sure you already know! When I explore in the greater Seattle area, I love using the transit system because I don't need to continually think about getting a ticket for where my car is parked :D Freedom~

Sanmäkx

Ngeyä tì'eyng tsun tivam. Fya'o lemakto nìpongu sìltsan lu.

Rolyu

Quote from: Feiane on March 27, 2010, 08:20:41 AM
Oops, I forgot about this thread.

I prefer not to mention exactly where I live. I don't live in the University District. I live close enough to get anywhere from UW to White Center in <1 hr by bus. The Ave has some pretty good places to eat and its cheaper than downtown as I'm sure you already know! When I explore in the greater Seattle area, I love using the transit system because I don't need to continually think about getting a ticket for where my car is parked :D Freedom~

Lolz.  I love Sundays.  XD  Free Parking on the water front.  Any other day of the week, parking in Seattle is a b****, ya?  Usually I'm in Seattle in the middle of the night tho, so parking is usually free anyway.

Ah!  First day of Spring quarter!

Too bad non of you are anime fans going to the Sakura-con.