TIMEFRAME for AvatarMeet 2014...

Started by Ikxeru, November 20, 2013, 12:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikxeru

Kaltxì ma frapo,

Is there any proposed timeframe for the next AvatarMeet? I mean, the place doesn't matter, but a lot of people have to make plans for their vacations for next year with their employers very very soon.
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

DJ Makto

Ma Ikxeru, the team is working to get the dates locked down. Once we get confirmation from a certain third party--the announcement will follow shortly. ;)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Are you thinking this is going to be the same general time of the year as it has been previously?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

DJ Makto

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 20, 2013, 02:55:50 PM
Are you thinking this is going to be the same general time of the year as it has been previously?

That is what we are aiming for at the moment. :)

Taronyu Leleioae

Just for reference...  and not that AvatarMeet 2014 needs to go back to Seattle... although it would certainly be convenient for encouraging visits from California...

The Avatar exhibit schedule shows that it is returning to the EMP Museum for spring through early fall 2014.  

EMP Museum - Seattle, WA          01MAR14 to SEP14

EDIT:  Also going to add.  In the US, it's generally cheapest to fly on Wed.  Followed by Tue, then Sat.  However on Sat (and esp Sun), many airlines and airports tack on a fee surcharge (weekend travel).  Not that these are days you have to fly, but saving certainly helps.  Of course it also depends upon hotel accommodations too...

Blue Elf

Seattle wouldn't be a bad choice (not saying I'll be able to come) - my ikran now sleeps in Port Townsend, what is very close to Seattle - so if he'd wait there, you could make a trip to retrieve him and read my message :) I direct him to wait until place of next meeting is known.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB3YKY4
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Although I would still like to do Great Basin National Park, Seattle wouldn't be bad, either. I'd have the option of driving or taking the train again. I immensely enjoyed the train trip!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Wiesel

Well i dont think that i will make it 2014... July/August is prolly not possible for me  :'(
I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...