Can I have a couple sentences translated?

Started by DrowElfMorwen, November 24, 2015, 11:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrowElfMorwen

Sorry, I am just not a person who can learn languages well.. it's very, very confusing for me. (I've been in Japan for 7 years and still can barely speak it >.> )

I was hoping just these two sentences:

"A big change is coming soon."
"I can feel it."   (Alternatively, "Watch out for it.")

Also I hope this is the correct place to post this. I didn't see a board specifically for translations.

I used an amateur translator in Second Life, and this is what it gave me: "Tsawl latem lu ne za'u ye'rin. Oel tsun tì'ef tsal." Though I doubt it is correct.

Irayo for any help!  :)

Wllìm

It seems like the translator app you used translated every word separately, so the result is not grammatically correct :(

Here's my attempt for the latter sentence:

Tsun oe 'ivefu tsat.
I can feel that.

Alternative:

Tsa'uri nari si.
As for that, watch out.

For the first sentence: I'm having trouble translating, since Na'vi doesn't have a word for a change (as far as I know). What thing is going to change?

DrowElfMorwen

For me, this is a reference that my own art is going to change soon--because I suddenly found people who are more than willing to make me lots of Avatar props for my fan art :D

So I am attaching these to a picture of one of my Na'vi hinting at change coming :D

I suppose I could say, "A big event will happen soon" ....  Hmm... I'm surprised there is no word for change.

Plumps

No problem at all, ma DrowElfMorwen ;)

We're here to help ;) Yeah, sometimes it's weird which words are and aren't (yet) in the language. We're working on it ;)

As with almost every translation there is more than one way to say something. Wllìm already hinted at that. The way you describe it, both sentences refer to one another, i.e. are not separate. You want them to appear together, right?

I'd go for:

Apxa tìlen zìya'u (ye'rìn). Tsari/Tsa'uri tìng nari.
lit.: a big event is going to come/coming (soon). Look/watch out for that.

The reason I opt for tìng nari instead of nari si is one of context. The latter is for when you say to somebody "be careful where you step, look out for poisonous ivy" or something like that. But I assume you want people to be on the lookout for your change in art, right? So nari si is used to be actively on the lookout for something/somebody.

"I can feel it" is as Wllìm rightly said

Tsun oe 'ivefu tsat or Tsun tsat oe 'ivefu (for some reason the two ts go well together for me personally :D ) Na'vi has relatively free word order, so it is possible.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

DrowElfMorwen

Thank you very much!!

So,
"Apxa tìlen zìya'u ye'rìn. Tsa'uri tìng nari."

Like this is okay?