Chaos Theory

Started by MIPP, July 19, 2010, 11:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIPP

I was trying to translate a sentece from the Chaos Theory, which is:

QuoteSomething so insignificant as the flapping of the wings of a butterfly can create a storm on the other side of the world.

My translation:

Hì'ia 'uo tengfya tìrusikx metsyal hì'angyä atswusayon tsun sngivä'i txura hufwe ro lahea tseng kifkeyä

Could you correct me?
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.

Kemaweyan

I think, this should be

Fìtxan hì'ia 'uo, na tìrusikx metsyalä hì'angyä atswusayon, tsun sngeykivä'i txura hufwet ro lahea tseng kifkeyä.
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

MIPP

Quote from: Kemaweyan on July 19, 2010, 02:38:50 PM
I think, this should be

Fìtxan hì'ia 'uo, na tìrusikx metsyalä hì'angyä atswusayon, tsun sngeykivä'i txura hufwet ro lahea tseng kifkeyä.

Could u explain to me the changes?
Na'vi for beginners | Dict-Na'vi.com

Hufwe lìng io pay, nìfnu slä nìlaw.
Loveless, Act IV.

Kemaweyan

QuoteFìtxan hì'ia 'uo

You wrote "Hì'ia 'uo", this is "small (insignificant) sometsing". But we need "Something so insignificant", then I use "fìtxan".

Quotena tìrusikx metsyalä hì'angyä atswusayon

"Fìfya" is "this way", "like this" (about action). However if you want to say "something like this" or "something as this", you sould use "na" or "pxel" (but I don't knot difference between "na" and" pxel", can someone explain to me?)

There is "the flapping of the wings of a butterfly", then we shoul write "tìrusikx metsyalä hì'angyä".

Quotetsun sngeykivä'i txura hufwet ro lahea tseng kifkeyä.

The verb "sngä'i" is intransitive, therefore we should use infix -eyk- to make it transitive. And we shoul use accusative case (-t) with object -  "hufwet".

But for verb "create" is "ngop", so it can be "tsun ngivop txura hufwet" (this verb is transitive).
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D