Na'vi Swear Words?

Started by Celtic Warrior Witch, January 07, 2015, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Warrior Witch

;D Come On, People! We ALL love 'em! Are there any Na'vi Swear Words? Is anyone interested/involved in Developing Them?

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Celtic Warrior Witch on January 07, 2015, 03:23:06 PM
;D Come On, People! We ALL love 'em! Are there any Na'vi Swear Words? Is anyone interested/involved in Developing Them?
HRH ;D
I see some in the dictionary:
skxawng moron, idiot
pxasìk screw that! no way! (vulgar)
snumìna dim (of intelligence)
kä neto! Go away!
yaymak foolish, ignorant

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Alyara Arati

Also in the dictionary:

tsahey - ah hell, oh crap
wiya - damn!

I don't know if you'd count pak, since I always felt like it was akin to blowing raspberries at someone.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Celtic Warrior Witch

Thanks...That's a START...I still wish someone would develop some of the More FUN ones though...IDK...Maybe "Ikran Dung"?

Celtic Warrior Witch

Quote from: Alyara Arati on January 07, 2015, 03:45:23 PM
Also in the dictionary:

tsahey - ah hell, oh crap
wiya - damn!

I don't know if you'd count pak, since I always felt like it was akin to blowing raspberries at someone.

Now THAT'S more like it! Still would like to see "Ikran Dung" though...Think it would be fun...

Celtic Warrior Witch

LOL...I thought "Moron" was "JakeSuly"!

Tìtstewan

I remember me this thread:
http://forum.learnnavi.org/intermediate/insults/
...17 pages discussion about Na'vi insults. :)

EDIT: The "Edit" function could be useful. ;)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Wllìm

That thread contains a lot of creative suggestions  :)  But notice that this thread is very old, so not much was known yet and there are quite some grammar mistakes...

Quote from: Tìtstewan on January 07, 2015, 03:51:37 PM

HRH ;D

Celtic Warrior Witch

Quote from: Wllìm on January 07, 2015, 04:00:47 PM
That thread contains a lot of creative suggestions  :)  But notice that this thread is very old, so not much was known yet and there are quite some grammar mistakes...

HRH ;D

THANK You!!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!!

Vawmataw

I am the excellent creator of the insults Lu ngar tì'o' ngahu and mutxa säpi:D ;D But read the thread that Tìtstewan suggests.

Quote from: Celtic Warrior Witch on January 07, 2015, 03:51:08 PM
LOL...I thought "Moron" was "JakeSuly"!
Jakesully means moron (according to the Official Dictionary), but I highly doubt it's an official word, so forget it! Skxawng is the word!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Plumps

Quote from: Celtic Warrior Witch on January 07, 2015, 04:09:31 PM
Quote from: Wllìm on January 07, 2015, 04:00:47 PM

HRH ;D

THANK You!!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!!

Please be careful with that, it's a very old thread from the beginning and I suspect there are a lot of grammatical errors from our current knowledge of Na'vi.

Also be reminded that these are fan related creations for the fun of it. The way I learned it is that there is nothing stronger than pxasìk and I always accepted that. I found it quite refreshing that a culture would develop in which not every 10th word can be used as an insult ;)

Ftiafpi

JC said that pxtawng meant douchbag. If JC said it then it's official, right? :p

Plumps

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 08, 2015, 02:01:46 PM
JC said that pxtawng meant douchbag. If JC said it then it's official, right? :p

;D funny ... 'cause it's true ;D
That's my biggest fear, I have to admit ... that while filming there will be a line or a word that we're using for all this time and he says, "I don't like it." Hm, what then? :-\

Ftiafpi

I'm sure Karyu Pawl can find a way to make it fit in somehow.  :D

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Plumps on January 08, 2015, 02:41:03 PM
That's my biggest fear, I have to admit ... that while filming there will be a line or a word that we're using for all this time and he says, "I don't like it." Hm, what then? :-\
Lets hope that this will not happen. :)

Sarentu’eve

Quote from: Celtic Warrior Witch on January 07, 2015, 03:23:06 PM;D Come On, People! We ALL love 'em! Are there any Na'vi Swear Words? Is anyone interested/involved in Developing Them?

kalweyavenng is 'son of a b****'
Ma Ikran lu Katìr
Ma nantang lu Swizaw

Toliman

Quote from: Celtic Warrior Witch on January 07, 2015, 03:23:06 PM;D Come On, People! We ALL love 'em! Are there any Na'vi Swear Words? Is anyone interested/involved in Developing Them?

kalweyavenng is 'son of a b****'
Yeah ;D
It's kalweyaveng :)

archaic

Ah, some archeology!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman