Important Phrases To Know?

Started by Rawmpxom, August 14, 2012, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Na'vi a Kepekmì on August 17, 2012, 07:44:23 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 17, 2012, 07:35:05 AM
Quote from: Na'vi a Kepekmì on August 17, 2012, 06:32:15 AM
Quote from: Rawmpxom on August 16, 2012, 10:49:06 PM
Irayo ma Blue Elf ulte irayo ma Tirea Aean  :) Oel tslam nì'ul'ul lì'fyati leNa'vi ;D
We don't keep alone the name of a language if it doesn't have prefix. So, we add ''lì'fya(ti/ru*/l) le(language).
When we use the word ''Na'vi'' alone, it's because the word is used for other significations: People or Na'vi (people on Pandora).

Too, when a verb is transitive, the pronoun/subject must have suffix ''l''. And because of that, we add accusative suffix -it -ti or -t to the noun (direct object).

This. Also, instead of so much repeating, you can shorten that to

Irayo ma Blue Elf sì Tirea Aean

:)

Kea tìkin, ma Rawmpxom. Nga ye'rìn slu tsulfätu!
Po irayo ke si oeru :(

kea sngum. po ngaru irayo sayi krra tse'a futa nga srung sìmi. :)

Vawmataw

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 17, 2012, 07:47:36 AM
Irayo ma Blue Elf ulte irayo ma Tirea Aean  :) Oel tslam nì'ul'ul lì'fyati leNa'vi ;D
We don't keep alone the name of a language if it doesn't have prefix. So, we add ''lì'fya(ti/ru*/l) le(language).
When we use the word ''Na'vi'' alone, it's because the word is used for other significations: People or Na'vi (people on Pandora).

Too, when a verb is transitive, the pronoun/subject must have suffix ''l''. And because of that, we add accusative suffix -it -ti or -t to the noun (direct object).

kea sngum. poe ngaru irayo sayi krra tse'a futa nga srung sìmi. :)
Poe lu tuté.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Blue Elf

Quote from: Na'vi a Kepekmì on August 17, 2012, 08:06:56 AM
Poe lu tuté.
No problem. Na'vi usually do not make difference between male and female, they use just "po" (and you get who it is from context). "Po" is always correct.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Kemaweyan

Poe ke irayo si oeru :(

Also: ke irayo ke si. In si-verbs we use ke right before si.
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Vawmataw

Quote from: Kemaweyan on August 17, 2012, 09:05:03 AM
Poe ke irayo si oeru :(

Also: ke irayo ke si. In si-verbs we use ke right before si.
Your correction was not necessary, Tirea Aean already corrected this.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Rawmpxom

??? Correction: I understand how to use the words... But the grammar aspect of it is beyond confusing. So on the sentence I said, how do you know when to add prefixes, and suffixes? Although what Na'vi a Kepekmì said is starting to make sense
Eywa ngahu ulte oel ngati kameie!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Na'vi a Kepekmì on August 17, 2012, 08:06:56 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 17, 2012, 07:47:36 AM

kea sngum. poe ngaru irayo sayi krra tse'a futa nga srung sìmi. :)
Poe lu tuté.

'ä'! :-[

tsari ngaytxoa! :o

irayo ma NAK

Quote from: Rawmpxom on August 17, 2012, 11:43:23 AM
??? Correction: I understand how to use the words... But the grammar aspect of it is beyond confusing. So on the sentence I said, how do you know when to add prefixes, and suffixes? Although what Na'vi a Kepekmì said is starting to make sense

I'd say read up on the gramma docs, but you say that confuses you. I suggested to try and just use the language and observe how it is used (in nìNa'vi nì'aw board) and embrace correction as the easiest and least technical means of rearning grammar. :)

Rawmpxom

Haha sounds like a fun little challenge. Irayo ma Tirea Aean  :) I just don't wanna sound like a skxawng!  ;D But hey if sounding like a skxwang will help me learn... It'll be so worth it!!  8)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Rawmpxom on August 17, 2012, 01:05:33 PM
Haha sounds like a fun little challenge. Irayo ma Tirea Aean  :) I just don't wanna sound like a skxawng!  ;D But hey if sounding like a skxwang will help me learn... It'll be so worth it!!  8)

Please do not fear "sounding like a skxawng" we know you're a beginner. Everyone is kind and helpful in there, not scary :) learning from mistakes is crucial and basic and personally I know it works over time. Seeya in the Tìpängkxo Kìng? :D PM anyone in there if you need help understanding posts. As I said before, the more the merrier in the Na'vi board. We get lonely sometimes.

Rawmpxom

QuoteAs I said before, the more the merrier in the Na'vi board. We get lonely sometimes.
That part really sold it for me!  ;D All the more reason to dive in then!
QuoteSeeya in the Tìpängkxo Kìng?  :D
Hopefully! Gotta lot of translating to do!  :)