Medicine

Started by Nì'awtua Eyktan, January 16, 2011, 04:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nì'awtua Eyktan

Kaltxì ma frapo.

I was thinking of making a sign reminding me to take my medicine, so I was going to ask if we have a word or phrase for 'medicine'?

Also can you have more than one infix in a word? Was thinking about zeyko and about making it into 'healing' by adding <us>. If you can, in what order should the infixes be placed in? Z<eyk><us>o or z<us><eyk>o? Thought I could use 'healing air' for the stuff I'm inhaling, and the 'medicine' part for the pills.

Thanks in advance :)

(In case someone was wondering, I have Cystic Fibrosis. It's a very mild form so there's no problem.)

wm.annis

Quote from: Nì'awtua Eyktan on January 16, 2011, 04:23:26 PMI was thinking of making a sign reminding me to take my medicine, so I was going to ask if we have a word or phrase for 'medicine'?

We do not have such a word yet.

QuoteAlso can you have more than one infix in a word? Was thinking about zeyko and about making it into 'healing' by adding <us>. If you can, in what order should the infixes be placed in? Z<eyk><us>o or z<us><eyk>o?

You can have one of each type (or position) of infix.  So, since ‹eyk› is a pre-first position infix, and ‹us› is a first position infix, they can coexist in the same verb.  The order is z‹eyk›‹us›o.

Nì'awtua Eyktan

Hehe, totally missed that <eyk> goes in position <0> :P

Any idea what I could use instead of medicine? Healing "something"? Maybe I could use Zeyk<us>o-a 'u.

Carborundum

Quote from: wm.annis on January 16, 2011, 04:27:06 PM
You can have one of each type (or position) of infix.  So, since ‹eyk› is a pre-first position infix, and ‹us› is a first position infix, they can coexist in the same verb.  The order is z‹eyk›‹us›o.
That might be a little misleading, as the participle infixes in fact cannot be used together with affect (second position) infixes.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

'Oma Tirea

Slightly OT: where would <äp>, which is the other <0> position infix, go in these <eyk> verbs like tìsraw s<eyk>i and z<eyk>o?  Is it before or after the <eyk>?

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Carborundum

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on January 16, 2011, 11:39:00 PM
Slightly OT: where would <äp>, which is the other <0> position infix, go in these <eyk> verbs like tìsraw s<eyk>i and z<eyk>o?  Is it before or after the <eyk>?
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 13, 2010, 02:57:51 AM
täpeykìyeverkeiup
So yes, reflexive before causative.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

So, the  general infix order is t<reflexive><causative><1>ar<2>on?

For medicine, how about zeyko txum?

By any chance, if you don't mind me asking, do you know the generic name of your medication? I might be able to come up with some interesting ideas based on what the medicine is chemically (I grew up in a pharmacy, and read my dad's journals before he did!).

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Nì'awtua Eyktan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 17, 2011, 03:32:38 AM
HRH

By any chance, if you don't mind me asking, do you know the generic name of your medication? I might be able to come up with some interesting ideas based on what the medicine is chemically (I grew up in a pharmacy, and read my dad's journals before he did!).

Well, we got Kreon/Creon, Bisolvon, Ursofalk, Acetylcysteine, Ventoline and some multivitamins. Probably forgot something :P

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Nì'awtua Eyktan on January 17, 2011, 09:22:51 AM
HRH

Well, we got Kreon/Creon, Bisolvon, Ursofalk, Acetylcysteine, Ventoline and some multivitamins. Probably forgot something :P

Wow, what a mishmash! With something like that I think zeyko txum is still good  :P

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 17, 2011, 06:54:33 PM
Wow, what a mishmash! With something like that I think zeyko txum is still good  :P

Tse, the statement is an oxymoron...

I HRRH nìteng ::)

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ataeghane

Quote from: Sxkxawng alu 'Oma Tirea on January 17, 2011, 10:55:29 PM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on January 17, 2011, 06:54:33 PM

Tse, the statement is an oxymoron...

I HRRH nìteng ::)

Well, yeah, but that's gramatically incorrect. Zeyko is a verb, if you want to get "poison that heals" you must use a: txum a zeyko or zeyko a txum.

Humblea tì'efumì oeyä, säzeyko is a good word.

Oer wivìntxu ngal oey keyeyt krr a tse'a sat. Frakrr.