translation help please?

Started by nevare, June 22, 2010, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevare

kaltxi
ive been using the na`vi only forum for practise but i come across a sentance that i cant make sense of
help would be apreciated

New slivu oel nì'ul siltsan perlltxe fìlì'fyat,
i want become more good aat speaking this language

slä fko zenke livu meyp teri kivä fì'u!
but it must not to<hopeful>be weak concerning go<hopeful> this

Quote from: Skxawng on June 02, 2010, 10:26:56 PM
Ma oeyä eylan

New slivu oel nì'ul siltsan perlltxe fìlì'fyat, slä fko zenke livu meyp teri kivä fì'u!  Oe omum a oeyä tìomum ameyp lu korenteri lelì'u! tsakrr nì'ul krr oeru lu, pamrel sìyevi 'uo ngim fte nayume oe nì'ul! Kxawm vur, kxawm tìfpusìl fu mune.

Rutxe, tivìng eyawr krr a ngal tsive'a faykeyeyit!

nì'ul zusawkrrmì!
irayo

omängum fra'uti

Well part of the reason you may be having trouble is it is not very grammatical.

See if you do better with it like this...

New oe slivu sìltsan nì'ul fwa oe perlltxe fìlì'fyat,
slä fko zenke livu meyp teri fì'u

(Not sure exactly what he meant with the kä in there, it doesn't make much sense)

And double check your meaning of <iv> there.  If you have any more questions about how to translate it feel free to ask.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

nevare

irayo omängum fra'uti
ive kind of made some sense out of the first line but the 2nd line still baffles me
and yes i am still trying to remember/figure out some infixes
tho i cant figure out if in the 2nd line "livu" is lu with an infix or a whole word
ty

omängum fra'uti

It is lu with an infix.  When a verb is used with another verb like new, zene, zenke, tsun, fmi, etc then it must have the <iv> infix, and it would be seen somewhat like the infinitive form of a verb.  (IE "to verb" in English is infinitive)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!